The Golf Thread

Ollie

Ok i'm not a huge Golf fan to be perfectly honest, i don't watch it often because it goes on forever and would waste my whole life but the Ryder Cup i always watch.

Currently USA 12 - 11 Europe. USA need 14 and a half points to regain the Ryder Cup and Europe just need to draw to retain it and get to 14 points. It's really close right now, could be an epic finish.

Anyone else interested?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a comeback, it couldn't of been done without Poulter, What a great Ryder cup!

Was anyone else getting tired of hearing 'IN THE WHOLE' every fucking time by the US fans, or them chanting 'USA'? i found it so annoying.

http://espn.go.com/g...p-all-locked-us

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

would recommend people to try golf before you get too old ...in uk it is not as expensive as it once was.

notice how many sportsmen play it ....from Chelsea Gullit Zola and Vialli are fanatics....

Ive played since I was 35 and played with guys who played in Seves winning teams ...

although normally an individual when played in teams the experience is one to cherish and remember.

Europes win on Sunday was one of the great fight backs in sport

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone paying close attention to the tiger woods situation.

It's caused a shit storm. Should he be DQ'ed, or should he be given 2 shots.

Based on the rules, he should be disqualfied though imo the rules is a bit crap. But everyone wants to see tiger play including me so i am glad he is still in the competiton, but this is gonna rumble on whatever happens. Especially if he wins it.

Anyone paying close attention to the tiger woods situation.

It's caused a shit storm. Should he be DQ'ed, or should he be given 2 shots.

Based on the rules, he should be disqualfied though imo the rules is a bit crap. But everyone wants to see tiger play including me so i am glad he is still in the competiton, but this is gonna rumble on whatever happens. Especially if he wins it.

What happened? :o

What happened? :o

Yesterday, tiger woods hit a great shot, that would have been extremely close on 15, but it hit the pin and went in the water. He made an incorrect drop as it was in the wrong place and should have been from a line for where the ball went into the water. He plays the shot, the game goes on. Then he finishes his round and isgns his scoredcard. However on looking back it is deemed he broke a rule meaning he signed an incorrect scorecard which is normally an automatic DQ, but there is a new ruling where they have the ability to waive the DQ rule in exceptioanl circumstances. And they decided to give him a 2 shot penalty, and now the golf channel is going crazy and DQ'ed is trending on twitter.

Video to make it clearer for you... :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/22136140

Yesterday, tiger woods hit a great shot, that would have been extremely close on 15, but it hit the pin and went in the water. He made an incorrect drop as it was in the wrong place and should have been from a line for where the ball went into the water. He plays the shot, the game goes on. Then he finishes his round and isgns his scoredcard. However on looking back it is deemed he broke a rule meaning he signed an incorrect scorecard which is normally an automatic DQ, but there is a new ruling where they have the ability to waive the DQ rule in exceptioanl circumstances. And they decided to give him a 2 shot penalty, and now the golf channel is going crazy and DQ'ed is trending on twitter.

Video to make it clearer for you... :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/22136140

Thanks mate! :)

One question though, I looked at the score board and saw he made a boggey on 15. That was without the 2 shot penalty isnt it?

So now Tiger is -1 and not -3?

Thanks mate! :)

One question though, I looked at the score board and saw he made a boggey on 15. That was without the 2 shot penalty isnt it?

So now Tiger is -1 and not -3?

Yeah he made bogey, then theres an extra 2 shots on top. So he is -1 now as opposed to -3.

Masters over?

I doubt he can make something like 68-69 on both days!

He is tiger.... Only 5 shots behind. The leaders can easily choke. Definitely not over. If he can be within 4 going into tommorrow he has a chance as he knows the course better than anyone and won't choke coming down the back 9.

He is tiger.... Only 5 shots behind. The leaders can easily choke. Definitely not over. If he can be within 4 going into tommorrow he has a chance as he knows the course better than anyone and won't choke coming down the back 9.

Too much pressure on him, imo. He must be within 3 to have a good chance!

Augusta aint US Open, he cant win it without hiting drives and only relly on his spetacular putting...

Too much pressure on him, imo. He must be within 3 to have a good chance!

Augusta aint US Open, he cant win it without hiting drives and only relly on his spetacular putting...

His driving hasn't been much of a problem... And I think his 3 wood is good enough, he doesn't need driver in many holes