Carabao Cup & FA Cup Thread

Sheva.

2 hours ago, the wes said:

I hope aina and RLC get a run out against Leicester 

Really cant see where RLC fits in with us mate. Theres not a position I would think about him as 1st or 2nd selection.

Both us and Leicester are in different places this season. Both on and off the pitch. And thats what makes supporting Chelsea such a roller coaster ride. Right now we are on that relatively smooth ride up at the start and we have to make the most out of every chance we get. But after watching Liverpool dismantle them yesterday I'm not worried about Leicester too much. It shows just what a big part that N'Golo had in their season last year.

I think hes going to get a bad reception and I hope it puts some fire in his feet to show them just what they are missing.

I still cant get over just how good a deal we got on him. I would love to see Chalobah working with him until we can put him alongside a Nainggolan or Verratti

• 2 weeks later...
On 11 August 2016 at 10:30 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

Remember playing Bristol Rovers in 1980 we beat them 1-0 with a goal by Gary Chivers. The game at Eastville was a bit lively to say the least we lost 3-0 and there was loads of trouble with many Chelsea fans getting banned for life.

I would certainly have been at that 1-0 game but I don't remember a thing about it. I would definitely not have been at the away fixture however. I never formed the habit of travelling out of London with Chelsea precisely because of the moronic behaviour of so many of the fans.

What a curse those people were and what untold damage they did to our club. They drove countless thousands of decent Chelsea supporters away from the terraces and were directly responsible for our lost generation of match going support from the mid-70s to the mid-90s.

That was a tough period for our club on  and off the pitch. Crowd numbers were bound to fall as the quality of football and footballer dropped dramatically. There is no way however that Chelsea football club should ever have posted average attendances in the low teens, or individual match attendances well below five figures.

Part of the problem of course was the complacent attitude of the board. An attitude that is well evidenced by that piece of 'it ain't our fault guv' nonsense from David Mears during the video. As crowds fell right around the country, football boards everywhere seemed focused on trying to avoid responsibility, and costs, rather than on dealing with the problem. Left to their own devices they may well have presided over the demise of the game in England. As it was, the government eventually forced them to act and, in so doing, rescued football from itself.

Complacency is not confined to the past however. These ignorant and violent people are still out there. If given the slightest encouragement, they would bring their ugly, criminal behaviour back to our grounds. They must not be given that encouragement. 

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Spare a thought for Mourinho. He faces Liverpool (a), Chelsea (a) and Man City (h) in the space of 10 days next month!

I can't wait! Imagine the media's reaction if United lose 2 out of those 3 games :D