Carabao Cup & FA Cup Thread

Sheva.

TV SELECTION: @shrewsweb v @chelseafc has been selected by @SkySports for live coverage on Tue 28 Oct (7:45pm KO) #CapitalOneCup #TVgame

Having to play 2 games in 3 days is just plain ridiculous. Doubt they are gonna bring the United fixture forward, so expect Mourinho to make some noise about it again and rightly so. Suffered the same thing last season and now we get it again. Thankfully it's only Shrewsbury (no offence) but since we managed to beat City and Arsenal within 3 days, we should survive this.

it was close to the end of his time with us ,, and was just beautiful ..probably many of his free kicks were more impressive ...

Nothing was more impressive than that back heel goal. I watched that live, I was only 10/11 at the time, and couldn't quite believe what i had seen. Only Franco could pull that off. Genius at work!!

I also remember watching the cup game against Shrewsbury the next season. Zola's 2nd and our 3rd was a glorious chip over the 'keeper from the edge of the box. And Jody Morris scored a beautiful curler from 20 yards. Gorgeous! The Shrewsbury fans could only applaud. Totally different Chelsea now however.

He is going to have to serious rotate the squad. I would say league is more important although I would love any trophy. I would hope we have enough players to fully stock both games, beat Utd and progress in the Cup, :)

Hmm, play the backup and the kids then, and hope they could win this. No big deal if in the end we are not advance to the next round though.

This is not the Chelsea way. Our way is to try to win every competition we enter. Let's face it Jose was always going rotate-max for this one but it's still got to be the strongest side possible and they go full-on for the win. That's the Chelsea way, and it's a good way.

We are not bloody Arsenal.

Nothing was more impressive than that back heel goal. I watched that live, I was only 10/11 at the time, and couldn't quite believe what i had seen. Only Franco could pull that off. Genius at work!!

I also remember watching the cup game against Shrewsbury the next season. Zola's 2nd and our 3rd was a glorious chip over the 'keeper from the edge of the box. And Jody Morris scored a beautiful curler from 20 yards. Gorgeous! The Shrewsbury fans could only applaud. Totally different Chelsea now however.

I remember Everton got giant killed there and I was sitting myself the same would happen to us, I was uneasy until the first goal and when the keeper of theirs made a top save at 0-0 I was convinced we were getting done.

Giant killings were my biggest fear for us as a kid, I was having nightmares about our trip to Scarborough the following season and that one actually came far to close to going wrong.

This is not the Chelsea way. Our way is to try to win every competition we enter. Let's face it Jose was always going rotate-max for this one but it's still got to be the strongest side possible and they go full-on for the win. That's the Chelsea way, and it's a good way.

We are not bloody Arsenal.

Yup, what I mean the kids is still from the 25 names squad though. Not picked from u18 or something...

If we go our usual starter vs MU, then we could go to something like this vs Shrewsbury :

Cech

Ake Zouma Christensen Luis

Mikel Ramires

Salah Willian Baker

Remy

Subs : Schwarzer, Drogba, Boga, Solanke, Brown

Should do the job. If Ramires has been played against MU, no problem put Boga there. The problem is if there are some players who got injured. Hopefully everybody stay fit.

Giant killings were my biggest fear for us as a kid, I was having nightmares about our trip to Scarborough the following season and that one actually came far to close to going wrong.

Scarborough. I remember that. JT header 10 minutes in and you think it's going to be a walkover. Not likely..... :lol: That Gallas handball with not long to go. How was that not given. One of the most blatant handballs you will ever see.

We have been lucky down the years in terms of 'giant killing' apart from Barnsley under Avram Grant i can't think of any other time we have been knocked out by a lower league club in my time. (Going back to 97)

• 1 month later...

Ties to be played 16th/17th December. Maybe we could take Mo Salah up there and leave him there over Christmas. A naughty child could wake up with a lump of coal and a Mo Salah in their stocking on Christmas Day...