Carabao Cup & FA Cup Thread

Sheva.

I remember a lot of his goals, but I don't remember a lot of the opponents names. I was new into English football. Which one do you mean?

Brilliant backheel gainst Norwich from a Graeme Le Saux corner. Then he hugs the fan who falls over the advertisement :wub:

For me, the earliest Chelsea goal I remember was probably Zola's lob against Everton. I was a new Chelsea (and football) fan and I remember the Egyptian commentator going just crazy when that went in :lol:

This one:

I don't think I've watched that particular match, so yeah, I haven't seen it before until now (though probably did in those Zola goals compilations, as I'm positive this is one of his most beautiful goals). Such a gem, wonderful. I really enjoyed watching him play. Thanks to you and Ron :D

Shrews manager-

Jose Mourinho and his Stamford Bridge stars will arrive at Greenhous Meadow on either October 28 or 29 as Shrewsbury bid to reach the fifth round for only the second time in their history. And Mellon said he was delighted for everyone connected with the club and the town after being drawn against one of Europe’s elite. He said: “I think it is brilliant for everyone and is exactly what this club has been missing. My phone hasn’t stopped and I bet the players are dancing around their living rooms. “Chelsea at home – it couldn’t be any better for the people of Shrewsbury. Mourinho and all his stars are coming to town. “It’s a wow moment. It is incredible and it’s what the football club deserved and needed. With everything that has gone on over the past few years, I just want all the fans to come along and enjoy it.” Shrewsbury secured their place in the fourth round of the competition following a brilliant win against Championship Norwich on Tuesday night with a James Collins header securing a 1-0 victory. The goal saw Town reach the fourth round of the competition for the first time since the 1986-87 season. Mellon said: “We really wanted to be drawn against one of the big boys. For me it’s an amazing chance to take on arguably the best manager in the world, but this isn’t about me. “This is about the people of Shrewsbury. We wanted the football gods to smile on us and they have done – it’s going to be fantastic for the whole area. “We wanted a big team and it just doesn’t get any bigger than Chelsea. It’s a brilliant, brilliant draw.” But Mellon warned his stars they have to perform against Southend of Saturday and in the games running up to the tie to have any chance of being involved. He added: “Southend is still the biggest game. My players need to make sure they concentrate and don’t lose focus.” Love this bit - :D “We wanted a big team and it just doesn’t get any bigger than Chelsea. It’s a brilliant, brilliant draw.”