Arsenal vs Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry has to start providing he can, as he still is our best defender. Pace is a concern, however i am more confident with Terry in there as opposed to Cahill and Luiz. They did play well in the last game vs stoke however we had a lot more of the ball and dictated the game so we had to deal with them on the break alot. Against arsenal we will not have the ball nearly as much meaning we will probably have to soak up a lot of pressure which is why Terry is key to organise that back line as he does so well and to have that leadership figure. Looking forward to the game but as its away i won't lie i would take a point right now and move on. If we were at home then i wouldn't as i have a lot of faith in our AM. We could definately do with torres firing as converting chances could be a big problem... Furthermore there is a lot of talk about JT and pace concerns, you would think they would have the same concerns with Per Metresacker if he plays.

Arsenal and Chelsea have similar problems up front. They have all the creativity in the world but no one to count on to convert those chances i.e RVP and Drogba. Nor Giroud or Torres are providing the goods for each team.

I really hope we use the same players as we did against Stoke.

Arsenal and Chelsea have similar problems up front. They have all the creativity in the world but no one to count on to convert those chances i.e RVP and Drogba. Nor Giroud or Torres are providing the goods for each team.

I really hope we use the same players as we did against Stoke.

The difference is they look equally as good with Podolski upfront. Made a decent start so far. I know for a fact Giroud will be a sub. Gervinho-Podolski-Cazorla looks equally as threatening. The way they played against City, they could destroy anyone if they play like that every week.

The difference is they look equally as good with Podolski upfront. Made a decent start so far. I know for a fact Giroud will be a sub. Gervinho-Podolski-Cazorla looks equally as threatening. The way they played against City, they could destroy anyone if they play like that every week.

Calm down with the Jizzing over Le Arse. Citeh made them look better than they are with a lackluster performance.

They can't play like that every week. There's also the fact City have had a not so good start to the season, and could easily have won that game. They were the better side for me in the second half.

I would play

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - A.Cole

Mikel - Ramires

Mata - Oscar - Hazard

Torres

Arsenal have a very good midfield but in attack they are nothing special Podolski and Gervinho are both useless but when playing with confidence like they have been they can be a threat. Cazorla, Diaby and Arteta is a very strong midfield with good passers that is why i want Ramires in there ahead of Lamps as Arsenal with have alot of movement in midfield and Ramires is far more mobile than Lamps.

Then i would also play all three of Oscar, Mata and Hazard, with Oscar dropping deep at times to make sure Arteta doesn't get time on the ball. I think it will be a draw but as Atkinson is ref i have a feeling we could knick this with a Hazard Penalty. Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea ;)

I am a bit concerned that we come across our first proper test in the EPL and everyone is on their knees begging for Rami and Bertrand to start on the wings?!

we've played with a healthy attacking mentality in the last 2 games and its worked a treat! i dont see why we dont keep the ball rolling!

Lampard should not start this game, if he starts next to Mikel/Romeu he'll leave us too exposed and arsenal will enjoy passing around in that space.

as people have mentioned, Oscar does get back and help out defensively so we can expect him to start. Hazard and Mata should start, i dont see why not. Would prefer Sturridge to start but we all know it will most likely be Torres.

I dont think we should back in to our shells and play defensively, if we do that we will just lose 1-0 and it will be and awful game to watch. have some faith in our back four and the 2 defensive midfielders and let our attackers have some more fun. Arsenals Defenders as individuals have some simple weakneses. Pace is one of htem, starting with sturridge up front would be such a joy!

we got this. take a chill pill.

Terry missed so many training sessions man and i think gervinho etc will outrun him.

I get your point, and if he isn't fit he shouldn't play but i think we need his captaincy and his pure defending qualities, providing all is well with him.

Terry almost got caught out again yesterday... he ran out to try and get the ball and the guy beat him for pace, lucky for us he missed an open goal, but i am slightly worried about Terry' pace.

Although saying that Luiz is a bit hit and miss as well, i know he's played well the last couple of games but it's normally in the big games he makes mistakes...