Arsenal vs Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ryan Fong, It will defiantly be Terry and Luiz for this one.

I agree, from RDM's previous selections, JT, Luiz and Lampsy are almost dead-on starters for big games.

However I'm kind of hoping it's Luiz & Cahill, Arsenal is quick and I'm worried that JT can't deal with the pace they demonstrate.

And I expect RDM to start Bertrand & Ramires on the wings as well, personally don't like it but I can understand the concerns RDM might has.

@Ryan Fong, This will first time Luiz has faced Arsenal in Chelsea colours, i actually reckon had he been selected last season 4 or the 5 goals we conceded at The Bridge would have been prevented.

In fact i think there are 9 nailed on starters for this one, the only question marks is whether Lampard is fit and whether Robbie chooses Bertrand or Ramires as his defensive winger.

I agree, from RDM's previous selections, JT, Luiz and Lampsy are almost dead-on starters for big games.

However I'm kind of hoping it's Luiz & Cahill, Arsenal is quick and I'm worried that JT can't deal with the pace they demonstrate.

And I expect RDM to start Bertrand & Ramires on the wings as well, personally don't like it but I can understand the concerns RDM might has.

I get it and Arsenal's speed is worrisome, but I worry as much about Luiz wandering as I do Terry being slow. If Luiz makes those runs he likes to, Arsenal will exploit that space. They are not Stoke. Honestly, I think any combination of our defense is vulnerable but also capable of excellent play. Also, don't think both Bertrand and Ramires will start. I think, as I mentioned earlier, it will be Ramires as Brana needs the cover more than Cole. If RDM really wants to play for a 0-0 draw, then he really should just take Torres out and play with no strikers.

Also, don't think both Bertrand and Ramires will start. I think, as I mentioned earlier, it will be Ramires as Brana needs the cover more than Cole.

I actually think for this particular one Cole is more vulnerable, Ivanovic has a good track record in this game (when playing right back) where-as Cole has always had trouble with Walcott, who ironically is the opponent Bertrand has had his best career game to date against.

I get it and Arsenal's speed is worrisome, but I worry as much about Luiz wandering as I do Terry being slow. If Luiz makes those runs he likes to, Arsenal will exploit that space. They are not Stoke. Honestly, I think any combination of our defense is vulnerable but also capable of excellent play. Also, don't think both Bertrand and Ramires will start. I think, as I mentioned earlier, it will be Ramires as Brana needs the cover more than Cole. If RDM really wants to play for a 0-0 draw, then he really should just take Torres out and play with no strikers.

Of course, Luiz has to be disciplined in this match, no more stupid busting forwards and showboating at the back.

I actually think for this particular one Cole is more vulnerable, Ivanovic has a good track record in this game (when playing right back) where-as Cole has always had trouble with Walcott, who ironically is the opponent Bertrand has had his best career game to date against.

Walcott has been used as a sub this season with Oxlade-Chamberlin starting and when Walcott has come on, it's been in a more central position than in the past.. This is one of the things that make Arsenal dangerous. They have incredible flexibility in their squad. Their midfield and attackers can all play multiple positions, so Podolski might start on the left end up behind the striker and Gervinho might move into the striker position and Cazorla might move to the left, and Ramsey might move from the centre to the right attacking midfield spot etc...I am sure it makes it harder to get a gameplan for the coaches.

I love this match. Its the one that gets the juices flowing. IMHO I rather lose all other matches & win the two vs le arse. I would take that as a successful season ;) I know they hate us. Hell in the US, Henry still makes comments on how CFC are nothing w/out Mr. Abramovich. I can see his POV. When Mr. Bates was in charge & Henry played for le arse, CFC didn't win. Enter Mr. Abramovich & Henry began to taste defeat to CFC. Its time for the Kings of Europe to put fear into these other clubs!!! Time for Blue Domination!!

I love this match. Its the one that gets the juices flowing. IMHO I rather lose all other matches & win the two vs le arse. I would take that as a successful season ;) I know they hate us. Hell in the US, Henry still makes comments on how CFC are nothing w/out Mr. Abramovich. I can see his POV. When Mr. Bates was in charge & Henry played for le arse, CFC didn't win. Enter Mr. Abramovich & Henry began to taste defeat to CFC. Its time for the Kings of Europe to put fear into these other clubs!!! Time for Blue Domination!!

Love your avatar! Can't wait to make my first trip to the Bridge sometime soon.

@Ryan Fong, It will defiantly be Terry and Luiz for this one.

That is assuming that Terry doesn't get the ban by then.

Btw, Newton said yesterday that Lampard has an ankle injury so he might miss this one. Could be good to test Ramires in the double pivot in a big match. He also said that Danny is 50/50 for this match so that means that Torres starts which in turn means that I can't see us scoring in this one except from a set piece perhaps.

I think if we play with a high line like we did against Juve we will definitely lose. I'm not too optimistic about this one. However if we defend properly I think we can stop them from scoring; they're a good team but they lack that star player.

Going to be tough, can't honestly say I know which way this is going to go. I expect RDM to play at least one defensive winger, possible two, he may even adopt the 4-4-1-1 approach he used against Juventus. I wouldnt be surprised if Hazard was dropped for this one, Mata is in better form and well rested after a month off. I'd also like to see Moses given the chance, he is very dynamic and his direct running could be valuable on the break.

This is our first serious domestic test. If we manage to come away with a point id say that constitutes success.

KTBFFH

City is in bad form they also lost to Villa ffs. We can win this if we play.

---------Sturridge----------

---Hazard-Mata-Oscar---

-----Romeu-Ramires-----

--Cole-Cahill-Luiz-Azpi--

----------Big Pete---------