Arsenal vs Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreading this game. Arsenal have gone about doing their business quietly and their defence have been much more solid compared to previous seasons. Funnily enough, both of us have conceded the least number of goals after 5 league games - 2. Would be happy enough to take a draw right now.

Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, David Luiz, Cole, Mikel, Hazard, Mata.Torres.

Looking at the way the teams have been rotated in the last 2 games those are the 9 definite starters the rest of the team boils down to whether Lampard is fit and whether Robbie prefers Ramires or Bertrand as he will want a defensive winger.

Robbie hasn't lost in the League against Arsenal as a manager, so fingers crossed.

I was scared watching them vs City. If Gervinho knew how to hit the back of the net, they would've won by 2+ goals.

All matches are different tho, i could say if they play the way they did against Sunderland or Montpellier were laughing.

My biggest worry is the pivot, Cazorla will lol a Mikel and Lampard combination out of The Emirates.

All matches are different tho, i could say if they play the way they did against Sunderland or Montpellier were laughing.

My biggest worry is the pivot, Cazorla will lol a Mikel and Lampard combination out of The Emirates.

You're very right about your first statement, but they know how well they played at the defending champions. Ultimate morale boost.

Oh worth noting that we have only won 1 of our last 9 Premier League London derbies and have not won away from home in the derby since beating West Ham 3-1 at Upton Park back in September 2010!

Speaking of West Ham i have the away game down as a likely loss, as good as our new players are going to look on the eye, the likes of Big Sam are going to have the measure of them.

Speaking of West Ham i have the away game down as a likely loss, as good as our new players are going to look on the eye, the likes of Big Sam are going to have the measure of them.

That is being rather dismissive. I'm sure we'll have a way to deal with their physicality when it comes to the game.

Pumped for this. Fairly confident we can get something out of the game as well. Arsenal's 'new' defense is overrated. It would be a hell of a match if we played Oscar, Mata and Hazard again. Ramires really should displace Lampard in the pivots now. His energy is much better suited there. Much better than Lampard in that role.

Really looking forward to this game. Will be our first tough league game of the season.Arsenal has used a variety of different lineups this season but they have been very disciplined and well coached so far and have a a lot of quality players. Interested to see what RDM does and think he may revert to a more defensive, counter-attacking scheme for this one and it'd be hard to blame him. No matter what we do, Arsenal have weapons. If we play like we did against Stoke, we solidify the middle of the park defensively but leave the wings wide open and the likes of Podoslki, Oxlade-Chamberlin, Walcott, Jenkinson, and Gibbs (and others) could destroy us there. If we try to protect the flanks, Arsenal can pick apart the middle of the park with Cazorla, Arteta, Ramsey, and Gervinho (or Giroud or others). My best guess is that we'll see a return to the formations we saw earlier in the season with one of Ramires or Bertrand being played on the wing to provide defensive cover (Probably Ramires to help with Gibbs and Podolski as Ivanovic needs the help more than Cole) and one of Hazard, Oscar, or Mata sitting to start the game. Would be very happy with a point.