Mario Gomez

the wes

In-demand striker Mario Gomez has hinted he may leave Stuttgart in the not too distant future and move to a bigger club.

The 22-year-old, who is the 2007 German Footballer of the Year, is one of the hottest properties in Europe after a hatful of goals in the Bundesliga.

While the likes of Milan, Fiorentina and Juventus and Real Madrid have been linked with his services, Premier League giants Chelsea are also in the hunt.

Gomez is being tipped to replace Didier Drogba should he depart Stamford Bridge this summer and he believes he has what it takes to play for a European giant.

"I am happy in Stuttgart but I desire to progress in football," he told the Mail on Sunday.

"If a major offer comes in, I have agreed with my club that I can have talks. I consider myself capable of playing in the big European leagues.

"I watch the Premier League and it is one of the best in the world. I know Chelsea scouts have watched matches."

Stuttgart recently conceded Gomez is unlikely to see out the remainder of his contract with the club, with his existing deal due to expire in the summer of 2012.

skysport.com

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

he is fast.....despite his size

however most of his goals are one on one.....

in epl you don't get much one on one as defenders stay in the box.....

nowhere near drogba's class....

no long shoots at all....

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You