Sergio Ramos

Spike

Rate him very highly, became a very solid CB last season, but i dont think we'll have a go at him as it seems the club consider Luiz as the future CB, as long with Cahill.

And of course Terry is still here. BUT, if we are in for a central back, Ramos is the type of defenders i would like in Chelsea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. Tough one. Sometimes he seems like a great defender. Other times...Well...I would probably welcome him. As a replacement for JT though? Probably not, at least for me. He could go the way of David Luiz. If we buy him, I could see him becoming even more rash and silly in his decision making. I just see a couple of better options. For me Hummels is top of the pile for CB's.

Ramos is great, but lets not waist our money (well, Roman`s money)!

We have 2 extraordinary defenders and a great one (I dont rank David that high) and we got some real young talent.

If we really care about our legends and about our academy, Ramos has no space in the squad...

Hmmm. Tough one. Sometimes he seems like a great defender. Other times...Well...I would probably welcome him. As a replacement for JT though? Probably not, at least for me. He could go the way of David Luiz. If we buy him, I could see him becoming even more rash and silly in his decision making. I just see a couple of better options. For me Hummels is top of the pile for CB's.

Yes I agree, Hummels is a the top. But I admire BVB a lot and I hate to see them weakened. I like to see them challenge Bayern Munich at every instance and the longer they keep their current crop the longer they can continue to win titles in Germany. They are in an incredible period and I'd hate to see end due to the greed of other clubs.

I agree with the Luiz comparison however I believe Ramos' concentration levels are superior to Luiz's. Ramos is far more likely to kick someone in the head but at least he doesn't fall asleep and have mind lapses as often as Mr Stickhistongueoutalot.. And Ramos is very flexiable tactically, as he is able to play at Centreback, Fullback and Centre Midfield.

I also think that just playing on teams that dominant can hide defensive weaknesses. Ramos is excellent going forward but he's like Luiz defensively. Make some great plays, but makes silly mistakes too. I think transitioning from Spanish football to English football is harder for defenders than for other players. For some reason, I trust central defenders coming from Germany and Italy much more. (Could be the more physical nature of those games and the skill set defenders need to succeed is more similar to the English game,)

I think it's the fact defending is appreciated a lot more in those countries, which leads to a bigger focus on teaching players the art of defending when growing up (youth football). Though Germany hasn't been producing world-class CBs for a long time.

Anyway Ramos is good but he's error-prone. He was very good at the Euros though, I'll give him that. But he needs too many fouls and he's a hot head, leading to silly and reckless challenges.

And he's not the type of CB we should be looking for imo, we've been in desperate need of a tactician ever since Riccy left. I'd rather go for Hummels, who fits that bill a lot better. He's a better CB than Ramos as well imo.

Yes I agree, Hummels is a the top. But I admire BVB a lot and I hate to see them weakened. I like to see them challenge Bayern Munich at every instance and the longer they keep their current crop the longer they can continue to win titles in Germany. They are in an incredible period and I'd hate to see end due to the greed of other clubs.

I agree with the Luiz comparison however I believe Ramos' concentration levels are superior to Luiz's. Ramos is far more likely to kick someone in the head but at least he doesn't fall asleep and have mind lapses as often as Mr Stickhistongueoutalot.. And Ramos is very flexiable tactically, as he is able to play at Centreback, Fullback and Centre Midfield.

Midfield? When has Ramos ever played in midfield?

If Ramos can play as a CM, then Luiz can play as a DM.

If Ramos can play as a CM, then Luiz can play as a DM.

Are you sure? Because Luiz loves to roam foward and only at CB is he given the space to roam foward. In the Midfield players are pressed much quicker and are expected to pass the ball quicker, if case you haven't noticed Luiz loves to dawdle on the ball and contemplate his options. At CB usually only the CF presses the CB, and since it usually only one player pressing, it gives the Cb more space and more time to make decisions. I promise you if Luiz was playing at DM/CM it would result in many, many turnovers. Besides, how many really good DMs make Luiz-esque roams foward? Makélélé didn't, Redondo didn't, Gattuso didn't and don't forget players like Yaya Touré and Michael Essien are B2B not DMs.

• 6 months later...

ONCE AGAIN LINKED!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/391372/Real-Madrid-s-Sergio-Ramos-fuels-speculation-of-Chelsea-move

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/04/12/real-madrid-defender-strongly-linked-with-summer-chelsea-move/

https://www.google.com/news?ncl=do3y-hXbzOE1TxMqTFUzS5eQi2RDM&q=sergio+ramos&lr=English&hl=en

He has cut his hair since the last time he was linked with Chelsea. And it's a good thing because he looked stupid with long hair and I would have hated to see those long flowing locks every week.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You