Sergio Ramos

Spike

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Ramos is way better than Luiz , Ramos was the best defender in the Euro's. But i don't want him here as he is too expensive and we need a striker more than a defender. We need to bring Kalas and Bruma back from loan if we are so desperate. We need to make great players not buy them like always. FFP is taking action you know.

Ramos was (if iam not mistaken) part of the team who conceded the least goals in La Liga and also part of the team with the best defence in Euro 2012.He also won both these competitions, only based on those facts he is in top5 by default.

Ramos was (if iam not mistaken) part of the team who conceded the least goals in La Liga and also part of the team with the best defence in Euro 2012.He also won both these competitions, only based on those facts he is in top5 by default.

If were going to use that logic then Asier Del Horno was in the top 3 left back's back in 2005/2006.

Wow, did not expect him to be rated this highly by some here. I don't like Ramos at CB at all. He's constantly out of position and makes the same rash challenges that Luiz makes. Lucky for him he has Khedira and Alonso in front of him, I think a move away from Madrid can really expose his weaknesses.

Wow, did expect him to be rated this highly by some here. I don't like Ramos at CB at all. He's constantly out of position and makes the same rash challenges that Luiz makes. Lucky for him he has Khedira and Alonso in front of him, I think a move away from Madrid can really expose his weaknesses.

I also think that just playing on teams that dominant can hide defensive weaknesses. Ramos is excellent going forward but he's like Luiz defensively. Make some great plays, but makes silly mistakes too. I think transitioning from Spanish football to English football is harder for defenders than for other players. For some reason, I trust central defenders coming from Germany and Italy much more. (Could be the more physical nature of those games and the skill set defenders need to succeed is more similar to the English game,)

In Euro, Ramos was the best defender there. This season, he made poor start, but he will go back in form. Currently, he is best Spanish defender, Puyol is too old, while Pique (who is rated as one of best cbs) does some shit mistakes too. Pepe realy improved this year, he is not so agressive anyomore and his timing is great, so its hard to say Ramos is not great, juat because Pepe is even better. And for City, Ramos didnt played because he needed some rest and was bit punished for bad performance vs Sevilla. Im not sure where you people live, but saying he is as good as Luiz is just wrong. They have same style, but efficiency and tactical awarness of Ramos is much better than Luiz. Every defender makes mistakes sometimes, you cant blame them they are bad if they made mistake.

And what considers top 5 best cbs;

Ramos, Pepe, Pique, Silva, Kompany at this moment (not in order).

No chance... We have three very good CBs and cover with Iva. Why would we want splash serious cash on a transfer and pay his (no doubt) astronomical wages? Is his contract up for renewal at the moment?

What we do need is an additional CM.

Find it hard to believe that Essien couldn't have done a job for us. Hell Jose trusted him enough to start against City.

For me, Ramos is the best centre back in the world. It took a while for him to fully hone his skills but last season, this Summer and this season he has proven himself to be absolutely top notch. Terrific reading of the game, a formidable 1 vs 1 defender, quick across the ground, lethal in the air, technically very talented, fearless and an inspirational leader, Ramos has it all.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You