IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

Muzchap

RDM  

173 members have voted

1. 1. IS RDM the man to take CFC Forward?

We are all annoyed by some of his team selections today but as others have said we are top of the league and had 3 clean sheets. We didn't lose and he must know we were lacking today and hopefully soon he will start to initiate the changes we want to see... I.e. Danny, moses, and oscar in...

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His Man mangement is definitely the type chelsea needs.

IMO, tactically he will always be defensive, which is not what as fans we want, but it is silently effective.

However, while buying players to change our style to attacking flair, he is notpicking teams for a free flowing style of football.

Not that he doesnt have the ability, which he might have, but i dont think he really has a philosophy that is based on attacking football, rather defensive.( till now at chelsea)

I know he can steady the ship and help us set up for the future, but i dont think he has the balls to make decisions and name lineups that will scare the opponents, he will always instead choose to counteract the opposition's players , even while he can choose a team that will have the opposition on the defensive.

Its a wierd situation, where RDM is exactly what we needed after the AVB disaster, but it is upto him to evolve as a manager who is taking the initiative and gain the confidence to prepare lineups that are fitting with the talent we have. Time will tell. He has the potential, but for me, i want changes in the way he decides to approach games.

If moses hasn't done enough to force his way to get a start in the next prem game over rambo then i will be totally confused...

Thats my point ramires has been poor in every game but he still plays!

And its not for defensive reasons - he hardly tracked back and let Bosingwa through plenty of times - luckily it was Boswinga!

It's this illogical thinking that is making me concerned and really starting to doubt him on tactics

Think many are just pissed over the result because of their ignorance and arrogance in thinking we will just walkover QPR today.

We should never 'expect' to win every game.

It's just our tactics looked lacking in an 'attacking' sense - QPR are not a well gelled organised unit (yet) and I feel, with a stronger attacking intent, we could have put them on the back-foot and capitalised on the game.

Yes, we are top of the league and not conceeding (which is great) - but teams will soon work out, if they PRESS HIGH and close us down, we are ineffective and unable to score... If QPR had a decent strike-force - we could have been punished pretty severely today, that's just not a situation we should be in... :(

We should never 'expect' to win every game.

It's just our tactics looked lacking in an 'attacking' sense - QPR are not a well gelled organised unit (yet) and I feel, with a stronger attacking intent, we could have put them on the back-foot and capitalised on the game.

Yes, we are top of the league and not conceeding (which is great) - but teams will soon work out, if they PRESS HIGH and close us down, we are ineffective and unable to score... If QPR had a decent strike-force - we could have been punished pretty severely today, that's just not a situation we should be in... :(

Face it. We are bound to have a poor game like this, it just so happened that it came in the derby against QPR, which caused most fans to be rather mad. Should just be happy with the point, as we could have easily lost it, and move on. RDM's tactics weren't the best today and it's up to him now to get it right ASAP. Wait and see what happens over the next few games first before jumping to a firm conclusion over him.

Think many are just pissed over the result because of their ignorance and arrogance in thinking we will just walkover QPR today.

I don't think its unreasonable to expect a win against a new look QPR that is yet to gel. I'm happy with a point, its just we should of played more expansive football. It would of been nice also to open up a three point gap at the top.

If moses hasn't done enough to force his way to get a start in the next prem game over rambo then i will be totally confused...

Agree...Same for Sturridge over Torres.

Lamps should be benched also.

I really like RDM and I want him to succeed, but I simply can't understand his team selection...Especially playing Ramires on RW, when it is clearly visible he can't perform well there.

The other thing that also worries me is that he doesn't try to change something when we don't play well. I don't know why we had to wait for 80th minute for Sturridge to come in.

But ofcourse, I still have faith in him...We will see what happens till January.

I cant beleive he started so defensively at QPR. Looking at the line up you would think you are playing Man Utd at OT or Man City at Etihad. He should have started with Moses and gone for 3 points right from the start. Games like these should be 3 points in the bag and this game will hurt us end of the season

Face it. We are bound to have a poor game like this, it just so happened that it came in the derby against QPR, which caused most fans to be rather mad. Should just be happy with the point, as we could have easily lost it, and move on. RDM's tactics weren't the best today and it's up to him now to get it right ASAP. Wait and see what happens over the next few games first before jumping to a firm conclusion over him.

We've got Stoke coming up which is a bitch of a game..win that and all be good..for that week anyway

I don't think its unreasonable to expect a win against a new look QPR that is yet to gel. I'm happy with a point, its just we should of played more expansive football. It would of been nice also to open up a three point gap at the top.

Some people are forgetting that the team we have been playing this season are generally the same as last with Hazard being the only exception. Can't just suddenly expect us to play open expansive football when most of our players are yet to even being fully integrated into the first team.

We've got Stoke coming up which is a bitch of a game..win that and all be good..for that week anyway

That is a must win. If we do not, then we have problems. Why? Because United go to Anfield and City host Arsenal at the Etihad next weekend too. Crucial that we get the 3 points because at least 2 of them are gonna drop points. And the other reason is because we face Arsenal at the Emirates in two weeks time.

Nah way too early, like I said last year I am not sure about rdm but we need to give him a chance because of what he did last year.

Result wise,we have been ok this season. Performance wise, hopefully we can improve as the season go along

Wigan : 2 goals in 1st half and I thought Wigan dominated 2nd half

Reading: we got a lucky/offside goal

Newcastle: see Wigan

A Madrid: no comment

Qpr: flat

While the lineup was a bit too defensive today i think he is doing the right thing looking for defensively solidarity first and building from the back.

3 clean sheets in 4, top of the league. Its better to build from the back than the front as the AVB reign showed.