Financial Fair Play

Assuming Schurrle's £20m initial fee is true, we have now raked in more than £150m in transfer fees ... in just 3 windows since 01/01/14!!!

Mata £37m, De Bruyne £17m, Luiz £50m, Lukaku £28m, Ba £5m, Schurrle £20m. 3 of those 6 deals are worth more than our previous record transfer income (Robben £24m). Bear in mind these all were either unwanted or wantaway at the time. We've essentially bought ourselves the best part of a new spine (Matic, Cesc, DC) by selling our fringe players.

Phenomenal business by the club.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Assuming Schurrle's £20m initial fee is true, we have now raked in more than £150m in transfer fees ... in just 3 windows since 01/01/14!!!

Mata £37m, De Bruyne £17m, Luiz £50m, Lukaku £28m, Ba £5m, Schurrle £20m. 3 of those 6 deals are worth more than our previous record transfer income (Robben £24m). Bear in mind these all were either unwanted or wantaway at the time. We've essentially bought ourselves the best part of a new spine (Matic, Cesc, DC) by selling our fringe players.

Phenomenal business by the club.

unfortunately, luiz's transfer fee is "just" 37mil pounds.

Since we're now operating on the 'Buy 1 Sell 1' policy because of the FFP rules, wonder who'll be sacrificed next to improve the squad further...

dont think we will go for any "big money" strikers or AMs.

what jose expects to do in defence, only he knows.

but in CM position if we go all out for pogba, i can see oscar being sold and cesc given the no.10 role. if not oscar then definitely willian and a lot of other fringe players to make up the numbers (mikel, mvg,romeu,kakauta, marin etc etc).

37 + bonuses?

I took the numbers from Wikipedia.

maybe there are bonuses. not sure though. but feel this would be the best to explain any transfer prices http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/chelsea-hey-hey-my-my-into-black.html

dont think we will go for any "big money" strikers or AMs.

what jose expects to do in defence, only he knows.

but in CM position if we go all out for pogba, i can see oscar being sold and cesc given the no.10 role. if not oscar then definitely willian and a lot of other fringe players to make up the numbers (mikel, mvg,romeu,kakauta, marin etc etc).

That may be true but in terms of squad numbers, it's a slightly different issue. Mourinho, after all, doesn't like having a big squad.

• 3 weeks later...

Fuck we need to make a decision and fast on

Salah

Moses

MvG

Oriel

Chopping those in is about £12 million year saving - almost enough to cover another Costa/Hazard type player

• 3 weeks later...

In the light of this Yokohama deal, on which I'm still shaking my head, there's more to that. People forget but there's new TV deal in Europe which kicks in from 2015/16. UEFA sells rights separately to each country and gosh, England again pay exorbitant money.

2012-2015 deal from Sky was worth ~400m£, the 2015-2018 deal from BT is worth ~900m£. That's 125% growth. Missieur Platini said that club's can expect on average about 30% growth but clubs from England can expect 50% or even more.

Add to that we're expecting to finish 1st in domestic league so it will be the biggest slice of the cake for Chelsea.

Overall from Yokohama deal plus new Champions League money (enhanced TV rights + finishing 1st instead of 3rd) Chelsea will receive like 40m£ more next season comparing with this season. Well, annual costs of Hazard+Diego Costa+Cuadrado are around that amount.

Duncan Castles wrote that Chelsea seek training-kit sponsor and also work on "possibly others". I read somewhere that there's a talk about selling stadium name or at least training ground name.

Thorgan Hazard, Petr Cech, Mikel, Moses, Remy, Marin, Romeu, Piazon possibly leave and from my estimation about their fees, wages that they free and remaining book values it will give Chelsea +50m£ with fight against FFP.

Oh, and Premier League give Chelsea over 50m£ but that's from 2016/17.

All in all, there's heck load of money to spend. I hope that Jose will be the one who picks the players to arrive.

In the light of this Yokohama deal, on which I'm still shaking my head, there's more to that. People forget but there's new TV deal in Europe which kicks in from 2015/16. UEFA sells rights separately to each country and gosh, England again pay exorbitant money.

2012-2015 deal from Sky was worth ~400m£, the 2015-2018 deal from BT is worth ~900m£. That's 125% growth. Missieur Platini said that club's can expect on average about 30% growth but clubs from England can expect 50% or even more.

Add to that we're expecting to finish 1st in domestic league so it will be the biggest slice of the cake for Chelsea.

Overall from Yokohama deal plus new Champions League money (enhanced TV rights + finishing 1st instead of 3rd) Chelsea will receive like 40m£ more next season comparing with this season. Well, annual costs of Hazard+Diego Costa+Cuadrado are around that amount.

Duncan Castles wrote that Chelsea seek training-kit sponsor and also work on "possibly others". I read somewhere that there's a talk about selling stadium name or at least training ground name.

Thorgan Hazard, Petr Cech, Mikel, Moses, Remy, Marin, Romeu, Piazon possibly leave and from my estimation about their fees, wages that they free and remaining book values it will give Chelsea +50m£ with fight against FFP.

Oh, and Premier League give Chelsea over 50m£ but that's from 2016/17.

All in all, there's heck load of money to spend. I hope that Jose will be the one who picks the players to arrive.

Indeed

I'm glad you spelled out the way UEFA has adjusted the distribution of Champions' League TV money. Ever since the BT deal was announced I've been really unhappy about the way they are going to be handing a bigger share of the English contract to non-English clubs. Not because they don't have the right to do it but because it's English football fans that will be paying for it. For example, I'm pretty sure that, once their coverage begins, BT will announce that their sports channels are no longer free with my broadband.

Anyway, the part of the Yokohama launch video that most caught my attention is where Bruce Buck talked about further sponsorship arrangements that were in the pipeline. The question will now become how the club should use the elbow room all this extra revenue will give them under FFP. The answer of course is simple. They should read the Transfer Talk section of this forum and sign every player recommended there. :) :)

From The Mirror, no idea if true:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-citys-new-80million-per-year-sponsorship-5290985

Manchester City's new £80million-per-year sponsorship deal will bank them nearly DOUBLE that of rivals United

Well according to the article UEFA has not done anything to deminish the sponsorship as it's not related according to them.

They have basically done a deal with themselves but that's not the case in UEFA eyes.

I thought they would have been more strict then that, but apparently it's not.

We'll see if UEFA adjust that amount to fair market value or they will pass that as it is. It will be interesting how they deal with PSG and Man City this time. They should again be under UEFA scrutiny with potential punishment but what this time ? Money again ? Surely not.

Anyway, City will soon start replacing their ageing squad so their compliance will depend if that deal will be considered fair.

At the other side of the river are Chelsea, which are in fantastic situation with FFP. With new deals with Yokohama, new money from Champions League, potential other sponsorship and also a staggering additional income from Premier League the situation is as stable as you'd like. Also the wage structure is currently brilliant. And not to forget that there's still some room for eventual deficit. Mourinho scares about FFP sanction for Chelsea but there's no such thing. There's no trouble in staying compliance but rather a matter of maximising revenues.

We can splash the cash with abundance this one last time to complete the team once and for a long time.

We'll see if UEFA adjust that amount to fair market value or they will pass that as it is. It will be interesting how they deal with PSG and Man City this time. They should again be under UEFA scrutiny with potential punishment but what this time ? Money again ? Surely not.

Anyway, City will soon start replacing their ageing squad so their compliance will depend if that deal will be considered fair.

At the other side of the river are Chelsea, which are in fantastic situation with FFP. With new deals with Yokohama, new money from Champions League, potential other sponsorship and also a staggering additional income from Premier League the situation is as stable as you'd like. Also the wage structure is currently brilliant. And not to forget that there's still some room for eventual deficit. Mourinho scares about FFP sanction for Chelsea but there's no such thing. There's no trouble in staying compliance but rather a matter of maximising revenues.

We can splash the cash with abundance this one last time to complete the team once and for a long time.

To be honest even though people say City and PSG are cheaters I honestly don't see the big deal.

FFP was mainly put in place to prevent teams borrowing a lot of money and going bust.

Like what happened to Portsmouth.

If PSG and City owners want to inject money and not require it back then for me it should be done.

This is why to an extent I feel like they should allow these deals with themselves.

Free money should be welcome.

What we don't want is to put a financial burden on teams. That is what FFP should be more dealing.

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea transfer news: Jose Mourinho told FFP cash boost could allow him to sign a superstar Chelsea will have access to an extra £40m in extra FFP cash this summer which makes a move for a big name player like Paul Pogba or even Lionel Messi possible.