Financial Fair Play

Oops my bad.

since blatter favored messi so much, while platini wants to alter some things in European Champions since we won it by playing ultra defensively, it confuses me a little bit :)

blatter is well known to be a Real Madrid supporter while Platini supports Barca and ANYTHING French ... oh am I being Xenophobic again????

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a surprise

No clubs facing European expulsion - Platini

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/04/24/soccer-uefa-platini-idINKBN0DA0JV20140424

Uefa gains nothing from expulsions, is best to fine them......

Seems like I was right from the beginning. Just a means to get a slice out of the richest club into Uefa pockets.

The FFP is starting to piss me off. We seem to be only ones following it, while our transfer targets are moving to clubs who dont give two fucks about Ffp. I dont think we should spend like crazy, but if it takes to get Cavani or Vidal or whoever for little more money, Ffp shouldnt be the issue. Rather see we spend more money on 1/2 players who will bring exact quality and improvement we need than 5 who will still be expensive, but not give enough for price paid (Sadly, Willian is example in this case)

Anyway if punishemnt for breaking Ffp is like "pay 100k and continue spending" it makes no point. Litteraly you pay money to be able to spend more money. Uefa making cuntish profit there.

The FFP is starting to piss me off. We seem to be only ones following it, while our transfer targets are moving to clubs who dont give two fucks about Ffp. I dont think we should spend like crazy, but if it takes to get Cavani or Vidal or whoever for little more money, Ffp shouldnt be the issue. Rather see we spend more money on 1/2 players who will bring exact quality and improvement we need than 5 who will still be expensive, but not give enough for price paid (Sadly, Willian is example in this case)

Anyway if punishemnt for breaking Ffp is like "pay 100k and continue spending" it makes no point. Litteraly you pay money to be able to spend more money. Uefa making cuntish profit there.

I have to agree.

The dippers had a 50 mil loss and are talking about spending 70 mil this summer.

We pretty much spend what we earn and other teams say fuck it to the rules and there's no punishment.

I say anyone that breaks them like man c and the dippers get banned from all European competition for a season for the first offense. A second offense is a 2 season ban and a 3rd offense is a 5 season ban from Europe. Also increase the penalties, if the first offense is 100k then the second should be significant like 10 million and the 3rd should royally screw the team like a 100 million fine.

If the first sanction in only a 100k fine, we should break the bank this summer to sign our targets before the others clubs.

Cavani

World class cm

Great LB

and why not another AM like Reus, Di Maria, Alexis sanchez is not bad too

and we shouldn't sign second fiddle due to that FFP bullshit

If the first sanction in only a 100k fine, we should break the bank this summer to sign our targets before the others clubs.

Cavani

World class cm

Great LB

and why not another AM like Reus, Di Maria, Alexis sanchez is not bad too

and we shouldn't sign second fiddle due to that FFP bullshit

^this.

if we are buying costa cos cavani is not in our budget due to FFP, then fuck it!!! buy cavani. end of,

LB would not be much of a bother. dont think coentrao/moreno/rodriguez would cost much anyways.

CM like rakitic/witsel/vidal. why not?

seriously dont think we need another AM though. our current AMs are very good and i would judge them when someone like cavani/costa/mandzukic is playing ahead of them.

City, PSG breach FFP rules, offered settlements

UEFA's club financial control board (CFBCB) has made offers to all the clubs deemed to have breached the rules ahead of its meeting on Thursday.

The clubs - understood to be fewer than 20 in total and including Manchester City and PSG - can either accept the offer of the sanctions, which could range from a reprimand to a fine up to restrictions on the squad for European competition next season, or try to negotiate a lesser punishment.

If no agreement is reached, then the outstanding cases will go to an adjudicatory panel for a final decision.

It is not known what settlements each individual club has been offered but UEFA could reveal the outcomes as early as Friday.

The most powerful sanction, that of being excluded from European competition, is not expected to be used against any of the clubs.

UEFA and Manchester City both would not comment but City boss Manuel Pellegrini said last week there had never been any concern that the club would be excluded from the Champions League for breaching FFP rules.

City have been working closely with UEFA to try to ensure they comply with spending rules, which limit losses to 45million euros over the last two years.

Pellegrini said: "I felt here inside the club nobody feared we could be suspended for next year."

UEFA president Michel Platini said in a French newspaper last week he did not think any of the clubs who breached rules will be banned from European competition next season.

Qatar-owned PSG have been the club under most scrutiny after they wiped out their losses with a huge and back-dated sponsorship deal with the Qatar Tourist Authority.

Platini said he was unsure if that "innovative" sponsorship deal with a related party played by the rules.

He said: "I will say simply that Paris St Germain's financial model is distinctive and atypical. That image contract with the QTA, the tourism office of Qatar, is innovative, that's all I can say.

"But is it viable? Is the value of the contract correct? These are questions that the experts must decide."

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-city-psg-breach-ffp-rules-183417466--sow.html

City and PSG facing squad sanctions for FFP breaches

Manchester City and Paris St Germain are expected to have financial restrictions imposed on their squads for next season's Champions League after breaching UEFA's spending rules.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-city-psg-facing-squad-sanctions-115832312--sow.html

I read somewhere that Platini was considering instead of banning teams who breach FFP completely from European competitions, to have a limit on the wages of the players who can play in Europe from those teams. So if you breach FFP you can't play all your stars in European competitions.

I think that's a very practical and achievable idea. I hope they implement it because let's face it, banning big clubs from the CL was never realistic.