test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Eviltwinz93

Financial Fair Play

Started by Eviltwinz93,

374 posts in this topic

However, folks are going to prevent the likes of PSG soon from playing with the books, I read recently.

At Chelsea, who is better than some Russian accountants ?

Believe me folks when it comes to Russians there are no better doctors with numbers.

Why u say that? As we've learnt, if a player is more expensive does not mean he has more talent.

Michu vs Torres is a great example.

One cost 2 mil the other 50

Aguero, Hazard, Mata and more costed a pretty penny

Aguero, Hazard, Mata and more costed a pretty penny

Yeah but you can buy talent for cheap. Just our scouts are incompetent and lazy.

Although the likes of Cahill, azpi and Moses have been great value for money

Re: the queries on this wage limit - I believe the rules are that clubs with wage bills above the £50m or so limit can only increase their wages by £4m a season (although there is aclause I believe relating to additional expenditure on wages can be used from the club's independent commercial revenues - not including TV money)

Any teams under the £50m limit do not have these sanctions and can increase freely up to this limit. This is to allow clubs promoted with lower wage bills to spend a little more on wages to become more competitive.

Hope this helps to clear things up and I see no problems with these rules. They are not as strict as UEFA's which we must comply with anyway.

They can't stop us. We will spend spend and spend until transfer prices are inflated to insane amounts along with wages to the point where only us and maybe city will be able to cope. With us having all the best players in the world they would be foolish to deny them the biggest stage. We will dominate English and European football forever with the help of Romans billions while our players racially abuse, shoot the youngsters with bbs, sleep with thier teammates wives, kick ball boys, accuse refs of rascist and we deny our best ever player a contract and sack our club legend manager who's won the CL.

The future is bright

Confirms exactly what I thought. FFP is not a hinderance on us at all, and this brilliant article explains why that is exactly. Thank you for posting this.

coolhead23 likes this

Brilliant article, haven't read all of it, but rather slowly skimmed through it focusing on the main points. Hopefully will read the whole thing later.

I believe this is like an addition to whatever was mentioned by Jake Cohen above. This has a comprehensive database which has all the wages of the players and where they stand as per FPP. Again very interesting read with the option of downloading the Excel file which is integrated.

You would have to visit the url for the article and other details as it would be difficult to get the excel in here.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/9/4/4659496/chelsea-player-wage-database

The Skipper likes this

Chelsea is officially FFP compliant, not among 76 clubs UEFA is investigating for possible violations

P.S. Have just merged 2-3 of the older threads on the FFP discussion and named this merged thread 'Financial Fair Play'. So, if there is anything related to Chelsea and the FFP rules, just discuss it in here so it's easier for it to do so without having to create multiple threads from time to time. :yes:

Muzchap and Fernando like this

Chelsea is officially FFP compliant, not among 76 clubs UEFA is investigating for possible violations

P.S. Have just merged 2-3 of the older threads on the FFP discussion and named this merged thread 'Financial Fair Play'. So, if there is anything related to Chelsea and the FFP rules, just discuss it in here so it's easier for it to do so without having to create multiple threads from time to time. :yes:

That article said this interesting thing:

If and when PSG or any other club is hit with a sanction that will in any way affect its plans for the 2014-2015 season, said club will not only spend considerable resources challenging the decision via CAS, but it will also challenge the legality of FFP in the European courts and will claim hundreds of millions of sterling pounds in damages. UEFA is fully cognizant of this, and as such, will likely attempt to work with affected clubs on settlements.

If this indeed becomes a reality then FFP will be what I thought all along. A means to get money out of the rich clubs into UEFA pockets.

But we shall see if that is the case.

The Skipper likes this

Manchester City are the best paid team in global sport according to Sportingintelligence’s Global Sports Salaries Survey (GSSS) for 2014.

The 2014 report considers 294 teams in 15 leagues in 12 countries across seven different sports: football, baseball, basketball, American football, cricket, ice hockey and Aussie Rules football.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2014/04/15/revealed-man-city-yankees-dodgers-rm-barca-best-paid-in-global-sport-150401/

GSSS-2014-top-12.jpg

So Chelsea are just barely above Arsenal...

Also:

Man City are likely to face sanctions over breaching FFP rules. Apparently clubs directly affected by City could influence their FFP fate.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10767413/Arsenal-Manchester-United-or-Liverpool-could-challenge-Manchester-Citys-likely-penalty-for-breaching-FFP-rules.html

1chelsea and Muzchap like this

However, folks are going to prevent the likes of PSG soon from playing with the books, I read recently.

At Chelsea, who is better than some Russian accountants ?

Believe me folks when it comes to Russians there are no better doctors with numbers.

It doesn't matter what kind of mathematics this is true. Had a brilliant Russian stats professor once and she was the sharpest math mind I ever met in my life.

Russians are certainly sharp. Just look at Putin. He is the sharpest cunt around.

After working in Moscow for 2 years and encouraging a mate to move from Russia to England so his kids could become fluent in English - the reason behind their mathematical genius is simple!

EDUCATION

They have an amazing education system and their Maths is so advanced at an early age. His daughter was 13 and knew more maths than the A level students, after 2 years she had to go back to Moscow to live with her grandparents - her English was good enough but her maths was suffering!

It's not just maths - Russians are taught the 'long game' - strategic thinking - they are the masters at this on a global level.

I'm just glad they're in our corner :) I'd rather have a Russian than a Sheik - purely because Sheiks normally inherit wealth, typically, Russians gamble big to be wealthy...

There is only 5 clubs in England that can benefit from FFP in the long run and that's United, Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Liverpool.

Why any other club voted for the rule is quite frankly mindblowing, they have basically signed away any chance off ever getting to the top.

A relatively big club like Spurs, Everton or Newcastle might get a Dortmund lite little period off success every now and again but long term under FFP, we have a big 5 that won't be pushed.

Viper22 likes this