Financial Fair Play

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mercedes has always been my favourite logo but I am not sure how that would do on a shirt. Have to see it photoshopped on first. Probably would look better spelled out with a smaller logo than just the giant one.

Stuttgart-Away-Kit-13-14.jpg

It's "Mercedes Benz Bank" so not exactly the same thing but I suppose you'll get the idea either way. Looks decent IMO.

They are already prominent brand name, there is no incentive for them to sponsor.

Apple are like no other brand.. ever; the only thing they really sponsor is a music festival. There is nothing special about Samsung, however.. Apple is like a cult; sponsorship would be a double edged sword for them. Both are 'prominent bands' as you said, but not for the same reasons.

I would be saddened to lose Samsung for some ugly looking sponsor shirt. Right now ours is good looking.

The past couple years Man U had that terrible shirt and this year the Chevy logo looks great.

As a side note, you have to be a prominent brand to sponsor one of the major clubs. Now maybe for a Burnley it can be a smaller company trying to get noticed but to get on the front of one of the big boys you have to have a very deep advertising budget.

We Americans are not at all used to the idea of sponsors on jerseys. Only the poor minor sports resort to that here like Arena Football. All of our major sports have never used this and I don't see that changing any time soon. As trivial as it may seem I believe that this doesn't help endear American fans to club football. We are barely used to stadium sponsors and most dislike that greatly and in a lot of cases refuse to call the stadium by the sponsors name.

You're in the minority re: United shirt. It may just be my disdain for Chevy, but I think United's new shirt looks terrible.

No sponsors on the jersey's yet in the U.S. I think that has to do with the commercials for baseball, basketball, and football that don't exist in soccer.

I don't mind the 3rd jersey changes.

I'd love to see something like Belgium's home world cup jersey for Chelsea, but instead of a crown outline have a lion outline done.

http://image-load-balancer.worldsportshops.com/Images/watermarked_thumbnail.aspx?img=65544&photoNum=1&t=I&catalog=SoccerFifa&w=600&h=600

You're in the minority re: United shirt. It may just be my disdain for Chevy, but I think United's new shirt looks terrible.

No sponsors on the jersey's yet in the U.S. I think that has to do with the commercials for baseball, basketball, and football that don't exist in soccer.

I don't mind the 3rd jersey changes.

I'd love to see something like Belgium's home world cup jersey for Chelsea, but instead of a crown outline have a lion outline done.

http://image-load-balancer.worldsportshops.com/Images/watermarked_thumbnail.aspx?img=65544&photoNum=1&t=I&catalog=SoccerFifa&w=600&h=600

You make an excellent point about advertising during games. There didn't used to be long commercial breaks in American sports either. Baseball games were 2 hours long as well. It was the broadcasting companies that demanded it in exchange for the fees. Basketball was an even shorter affair with it never taking more than 90 mins. Then they put in mandatory TV timeouts in basketball and football and continued to stretch the breaks between half innings in baseball until people started getting bored with the pace of the game and it has declined.

I wonder why the rest of the world went the other way. I actually would prefer to have the game not be slowed down and take the sponsors on the shirts but I don't see how that helps the broadcasters who pushed the commercials to begin with........How do they collect large TV fees for the EPL etc with so little adverts?

And yes, that would look amazing as you described it......

Considering audi already has some partnership with chelsea, it could be realistic :halo:

Try to forgive me for not being around as long as most of you and thus being ignorant of some things. I am fairly new if you read the new posters threads.

Ironic that the biggest ever spending by a single club in a transfer window and all the big money moves in Spain came after the FFP coming into function.

Goes to show how easily the big clubs manage to go around the system.

How is it going around the system?

FFP only stops you from spending what you don't have.

If you have big revenue coming in you can spend all that.

How is it going around the system?

FFP only stops you from spending what you don't have.

If you have big revenue coming in you can spend all that.

"Spending what you earn"

Do you honestly think that's gonna level the playing field as far as transfers go?

This windows demonstrated how FFP suits the big clubs and hinders the smaller sides.

"Spending what you earn"

Do you honestly think that's gonna level the playing field as far as transfers go?

This windows demonstrated how FFP suits the big clubs.

There was never any level playing field intention with this.

It was like I said, just spend what you earn.

Platini made it clear from day one.

You can spend an immense amount of money just as long as you make it via revenues.

I think this whole idea was used because cases like at Monaco are happening, playboys buy the clubs then after a couple of years bin it because they are bored. However actually it really isn't helping the smaller clubs like many have said. In a way I actually like this new rule especially now with our club finding a way around it with the loan system.

With or without FFP, Barca, Real, PSG...etc would still have spent around 50-100m anyway, now it limits them down a bit. Real Madrid actually has to sell now instead of keeping players in the squad(Di Maria, Alonso, passing on Falcao). If they had it their way they would still spend 100m without needing to recoup anything, now they had to.

That's what I have been saying for months however he has explained it better than I have.

Some people think we are brainlessly stockpiling young players when it couldn't be further from the truth.

Every now and again we will find a Coutois case, meaning we will effectively sign a £20m plus player for free, and others like KDB and Lukaku who aren't quite good enough for us (or didn't fit the system) get sold and fund for players that are.