Financial Fair Play

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would be saddened to lose Samsung for some ugly looking sponsor shirt. Right now ours is good looking.

The past couple years Man U had that terrible shirt and this year the Chevy logo looks great.

As a side note, you have to be a prominent brand to sponsor one of the major clubs. Now maybe for a Burnley it can be a smaller company trying to get noticed but to get on the front of one of the big boys you have to have a very deep advertising budget.

We Americans are not at all used to the idea of sponsors on jerseys. Only the poor minor sports resort to that here like Arena Football. All of our major sports have never used this and I don't see that changing any time soon. As trivial as it may seem I believe that this doesn't help endear American fans to club football. We are barely used to stadium sponsors and most dislike that greatly and in a lot of cases refuse to call the stadium by the sponsors name.

I would be saddened to lose Samsung for some ugly looking sponsor shirt. Right now ours is good looking.

The past couple years Man U had that terrible shirt and this year the Chevy logo looks great.

As a side note, you have to be a prominent brand to sponsor one of the major clubs. Now maybe for a Burnley it can be a smaller company trying to get noticed but to get on the front of one of the big boys you have to have a very deep advertising budget.

We Americans are not at all used to the idea of sponsors on jerseys. Only the poor minor sports resort to that here like Arena Football. All of our major sports have never used this and I don't see that changing any time soon. As trivial as it may seem I believe that this doesn't help endear American fans to club football. We are barely used to stadium sponsors and most dislike that greatly and in a lot of cases refuse to call the stadium by the sponsors name.

Imo the Chevrolet logo looks like shit, I wouldn't want something like that on our shirts.

People all have different views on what a good shirt looks like. I have heated discussions with Kentucky basketball fans over this regularly. Nobody can agree on anything.

I personally think the Chevy logo looks sharp. Even the dark blue they wore yesterday looked very good to me.

Can someone answer a question for me?

As an American fan I am used to teams using consistent colours on their uniforms. They might change a bit in shade or get an update every few years to some degree. But what is with the club football tradition of massive changes in road/3rd kits on a seemingly annual basis?

In all American sport the teams road jerseys may be white or coloured depending on the sport (Basketball uses white at home for some stupid reason). But even at that they always incorporate the main colours in there. Like the 49ers use a red/gold at home and a white with red/gold accent on the road. You would never see a blue/white home set and a bright yellow road set. The only non team colour ever used is white here....

Just looks odd to me and when I play FIFA it makes me want to use the home kit every game.

Sorry but the Chevy logos looks disgusting

what? if we get a lot more from Apple who cares how good Samsung looks on our shirt?

Mate, the few posts above you just showed how many fans actually do 'care' about how sponsor looks.

I'm gonna leave this discussion right here anyway.

I will be inclined to the club to get good money + good looking sponsor.

Mate, the few posts above you just showed how many fans actually do 'care' about how sponsor looks.

I'm gonna leave this discussion right here anyway.

I will be inclined to the club to get good money + good looking sponsor.

wait. you are saying the Apple logo looks horrible? maybe you have some agenda against them but its probably one of the better logos out there and its a company that would be great to be associated with even if i personally dont buy their products lol.

wait. you are saying the Apple logo looks horrible? maybe you have some agenda against them but its probably one of the better logos out there and its a company that would be great to be associated with even if i personally dont buy their products lol.

Having a half eaten Apple on our shirt is good? It's not the worst out there, but it's definitely up there with them :lol:

I think Audi as a sponsor on our shirts would look great

I can agree with that....

Mercedes has always been my favourite logo but I am not sure how that would do on a shirt. Have to see it photoshopped on first. Probably would look better spelled out with a smaller logo than just the giant one.

I have a real interest in seeing Samsung stick around as long as possible. They are wiping Apple off the map. I only use Samsung smartphones (Note series) and they are the best in the world IMO. I would hate to see us associated with Apple as they represent all that is evil and wrong to me. They have this level of arrogance that is offputting, they have up til now refused to allow users to do any customizing, they heavily restrict apps available to users. You cant watch virtually any streaming content on their devices, they have stuck to the tiny cookie cutter model and are just now starting to wake up after having their market share wiped in half by Samsung.

I am happy we are associated with the best.

I can agree with that....

Mercedes has always been my favourite logo but I am not sure how that would do on a shirt. Have to see it photoshopped on first. Probably would look better spelled out with a smaller logo than just the giant one.

Considering audi already has some partnership with chelsea, it could be realistic :halo: