Loaned Blues

CHOULO19

Wasn't sure whether to post this in the Matthew Harrding or Articles section, so if a mod feels this should be moved, please feel free to do so.

2012-13 Loaned Blues

1. Romelu Lukaku

Position: Striker

League: Premiere League

Club: West Bromich Albion

2. Kevin De Bruyne

Position: Attacking Midfielder

League: Bundes Liga

Club: Werder Bremen

3. Jeffrey Bruma

Position: Center Back

League: Bundes Liga

Club: Hamburg SV

4. Ulises Davila

League: Liga Adelante (Spanish second division)

Club: CE Sabadel

5. Gael Kakuta

Position: Left Winger

League: Eredivisie League (Dutch League)

Club: Vitesse

6. Tomas Kalas

League: Eredivisie

7. Patrick Van Aanholt

Position: Left Back

8. Keneth Omeruo

Club: ADO Den Haag

9. Amin Affane

Club: Roda JC

10. Thibaut Courtois

Position: Goal Keeper

League: Spanish Liga BBVA

Club: Athletico Madrid

11. Matej Delac

League: Premeira Liga (Portuguese League)

Club: Vitoria

12. Milan Lalkovic

Position: Forward

League: Premeira Liga (Portuguese League)

Club: Vitoria

13. Yossi Benayoun

League: Premiere League

Club: West Ham

14. Thorgan Hazard

League: Belgian Pro League

Club: Zulte Wargem

15. Josh McEachran

Position: Central Midfielder

League: Championship

Club: Middlesbrough

16. Nathaniel Chalobah

Position: CB/CDM

Club: Watford

17. Ben Gordon

Position: Left Back

Club: Birmingham

18. Sam Hutchinson

Position: CB/RB

Club: Nottingham Forest

19. Sam Walker

League: Football League Two

Club: Bristol Rovers

20. Rohane Ince

Position: Defender/DM

League: League One

Club: Yeovil Town

21. Archange Nkumu

League: League One

Club: Yeovil Town

22. Conor Clifford

Position: Central Midfieler

Club: Portsmouth

23. James Ashton

Position: Midfielder

James played 15 mins with Championship side Charlton at the weekend though no official loan deal has been declared by the club.

24. Michael Essien

Position: Defensive midfielder

League: Spanish Liga BBVA

Club: Real Madrid

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I didn't miss anyone. Anyway, with the sheer number of loaned players we have, I can't help but think that the only real solution is what AVB suggested last year of having a Chelsea B team competing the championship.

I hope to see at least 10 of these players get regular first team action for us soon.

Call me a pessimist, but I find that extremely unlikely. From those 24 players, I honestly think only Coutois, Lukaku, Josh, De Bruyne and Chalobah have a real chance of making it here.

Call me a pessimist, but I find that extremely unlikely. From those 24 players, I honestly think only Coutois, Lukaku, Josh, De Bruyne and Chalobah have a real chance of making it here.

Add McEachran.

You are not beeing pssimist, its just how it is. Only a small percentage of youth players end up becoming good to great players....

Add McEachran.

You are not beeing pssimist, its just how it is. Only a small percentage of youth players end up becoming good to great players....

He said Josh already....

It is the harsh truth especially at big clubs where we can easily buy in replacements that youth players rarely come through though when they do they are generally pretty special. If those 5 all make it then that would be really good going... I honestly see Courtois and De bruyne and maybe lukaku if his first touch improves... I would love to say josh, but i get a feeling he will be offered a permenant spot at a slightly smaller club and will become a star there...

He said Josh already....

It is the harsh truth especially at big clubs where we can easily buy in replacements that youth players rarely come through though when they do they are generally pretty special. If those 5 all make it then that would be really good going... I honestly see Courtois and De bruyne and maybe lukaku if his first touch improves... I would love to say josh, but i get a feeling he will be offered a permenant spot at a slightly smaller club and will become a star there...

Agree about Josh, unfortunately. However, I think if he can show the patience that Ryan showed (and get a little lucky) he does have a chance of making it, he certainly has the quality in him. As for Chalobah, I think this loan deal will tell us a lot about him. If a 17 year old can take a starting spot in a championship side then with some improvement and experience he can make it at a top club, imo.

He said Josh already....

HE DID :fainthv9:

Yes, 5 coming through will be something pretty special, would be the best english club using young home grown talent.

Agree about Josh, unfortunately. However, I think if he can show the patience that Ryan showed (and get a little lucky) he does have a chance of making it, he certainly has the quality in him. As for Chalobah, I think this loan deal will tell us a lot about him. If a 17 year old can take a starting spot in a championship side then with some improvement and experience he can make it at a top club, imo.

Oh yeah i forgot to say chalobah.... At 17 he has a lot more time than some others, and as you say if he can get at starting spot in a championship side now then that is valuable experience at a young age... I think he could make it, however like all our youth products its a question of whether he wants to be patient and possibly break through, as i can see him potentially being our captain of the future if he makes it or whether he doesn't want to play second fiddle for a while and goes somewhere else. Its not easy for our youth products, time will tell, lets hope... Worst case scenario is some of our quality talent scapes somewhere else and becomes a star for the likes of arsenal etc. Something we definately don't want to happen.

• 4 weeks later...

I think you may add Tomas Kalas to all this amazing 5 players, he is really one to watch, great CB hope he will given the chance

but imo is all about our manger i mean ryan succeeded only because RDM belive in him and gave him the chance last season AVB didn't and it's not like ryan changed in a min form a avrage player to a great one just one manager belive in him and the other is not and this is a bit sad because those young players career is all in the hand of one man...

hope that RDM will stay and get the security that he's need to feel comfortable to use our great youngsters