Victor Moses

Superblue

Why cant we hijack the Lavezzi deal with PSG? He's probably the fastest and most skillful wingers in the market currently, if we cant get hulk, we should hijack lavezzi.

Moses is decent and has his good moments, but this move has too much risk attached to it..... not on the money angle, but whether he becomes a stewart downing types who was good in a small team but couldnt step up. Im not one who agrees with the argument that he was cheap so even if he fails its ok. We do need someone though.

Additionally, i think its about time we scrapped our youth setup and spend that money on buying players, as either our youth has been crap over 8 years, or start churning out prospects and bring them as back ups. im not saying many need to come through....even if 1 or 2 come through, that will be good. Bertrand is an exception. A little sarcasm with some anger.

Our youth team has consistently won trophies, yet other teams keep having their players come in as backups, and a few even make it into starting lineups.... for us.... its no one coming through, just buy buy buy.

We should really have gone in for Lavezzi instead of Hulk. He had a maximum buyout clause of 28 million pounds, throw in a Malouda or an Essien and we could have beaten them down to about 23.

Agree. And if you remember, Napoli fans rated Malouda very highly for some odd reason.

We should really have gone in for Lavezzi instead of Hulk. He had a maximum buyout clause of 28 million pounds, throw in a Malouda or an Essien and we could have beaten them down to about 23.

26 million euros to PSG. what a steal. We like sitting and watching good players available going to other clubs.

If I remember correctly Lavezzi prefers the left side? Possible explanation. I think Hulk is exactly what we need, we can't be too lightweight in attack and Hulk offers more physicality than Lavezzi. That's why I wouldn't mind Moses as a back up here either. He's got power.

Additionally, i think its about time we scrapped our youth setup and spend that money on buying players, as either our youth has been crap over 8 years, or start churning out prospects and bring them as back ups. im not saying many need to come through....even if 1 or 2 come through, that will be good. Bertrand is an exception. A little sarcasm with some anger.

Our youth team has consistently won trophies, yet other teams keep having their players come in as backups, and a few even make it into starting lineups.... for us.... its no one coming through, just buy buy buy.

It will be interesting to see how Man City, a club with a solid recent history of bringing through academy players will bring players through with all the money, top talent, and massive expectations.

By 'other teams' only Man Utd have been at the same level as us over the last few seasons. They have an academy established over a number of years and a manager who's job is iron clad and can blood youngsters with less pressure involved. Over the last couple of seasons they have only brought through Welbeck consistently, and Cleverley on the fringes. Both have been out on loan and enjoyed successful loan spells, much like Sturridge experienced.

Have faith and patience mate.

If I remember correctly Lavezzi prefers the left side? Possible explanation. I think Hulk is exactly what we need, we can't be too lightweight in attack and Hulk offers more physicality than Lavezzi. That's why I wouldn't mind Moses as a back up here either. He's got power.

Yooo what's with all this lightweight bullshit?? Do I need to mention the word Barcelona in such obvious circumstances!?

Yooo what's with all this lightweight bullshit?? Do I need to mention the word Barcelona in such obvious circumstances!?

Not necessarily lightweight but more to do with how much "power" they've got in their play. I wouldn't call Messi or Aguero lightweight as they both have power in their play, which works better in the PL.

Hulk's more of a power player than Lavezzi, that's what I'm trying to say. So is Moses.

Victor Moses? No thanks, 4 good games a season for Wigan does not make you worth buying. He usually looks average for them in an average team

Don't agree with this. I had a keen eye on Moses last season purely because I had him in my dream team for nearly the entire season. At the beginning of the season, his consistency was an issue. I put this down to him getting used to playing week in week out. Remember also that he was brought into the team to replace what was the season before their one standout player in N'Zogbia.

Throughout the season, I noticed when watching him that his build up play was generally excellent. In particular his dribbling and skill on the ball was exceptional. The one thing missing was an end product - he missed lots of chances. The second half of the season he vastly improved this side of his game and this coincided with Wigan's surge in form.

In my opinion he needs another season at Wigan before moving to a bigger club. However he has the potential to make that step up and Chelsea could do a lot worse than taking a chance on Moses blossoming, particularly for a price likely to be between £6-8m.

Bit of a 'meh' one for me. I think he still needs to stay at Wigan for his own personal development. As strange as some of Whelan's comments are, he's right about trying to keep the lad for him to progress. Whelan is a football man, he said Martinez can coach a big club if they came calling and he's saying Moses should move eventually, but he's still 21 and breaking into this squad with Hazard, Marin, Mata & co will not be an easy feat.

I'm a fan of the suggestion of signing now and loaning back.

26 million euros to PSG. what a steal. We like sitting and watching good players available going to other clubs.

While we've signed one of the top prospects in world football already, so no need to criticize the board. They clearly don't think Lavezzi is for Chelsea, and I trust them.

lwhy dont we get nani from man u?! heard he wants more weekly wages and we can affird that and he's proven and epl ready and lastly draws double team constantly esoecial vs lower yeams that like to park in front of goal.

would prefer nani (though unrealistic) then jovetic, hulk, willian, then whomever else. while marin competes for that either wing spot aswell as kdb.

why dont we get nani from man u?! heard he wants more weekly wages and we can affird that and he's proven and epl ready and lastly draws double team constantly esoecial vs lower yeams that like to park in front of goal.

would prefer nani (though unrealistic) then jovetic, hulk, willian, then whomever else. while marin competes for that either wing spot aswell as kdb.

Realistically speaking...why would United sell one of their better players to Chelsea?

While we've signed one of the top prospects in world football already, so no need to criticize the board. They clearly don't think Lavezzi is for Chelsea, and I trust them.

I was talking more about previous seasons, and the 1-2 mill extra other teams paid to price us out of the deal, and they have done well at their respective new clubs.

I fear the same is happening with hulk. I might be wrong, but with the hulk deal there are too many hiccups, such as Porto's fee demand and then on top of that the 6 million payout to his agent, and then i have read in several articles that 10% of hulk is owned by some other company.

It will be massive if our board can reach an agreement with all parties, but it will be really bad if we miss out on him, while someone else bags him.

Moses on the other hand, as a backup, i sincerely hope our youth setup has someone who can be given a go, perhaps islam feruz kakuta ? these two have great potential, and being backups, they will just about get enough playing time to have a crack at the bigtime every once in a while.

If we get Moses, its the end for atleast kakuta in chelsea. Who i think is better than moses, based on what i have seen of both. Moses should move to a team like aston villa to develop. We dont need him imo.