Victor Moses

Superblue

Knew the Hulk deal would have some snags or be off completely, but I thought we'd at least go after another world class player.

I know Moses is a good player, but is he even in Hulks league? Seems like a massive step down.

The Hulk deal is still ongoing, Moses isn't an alternative for our first choice right-winger. He's a young, homegrown, squad player, nothing more.

To be fair, we could get the money back straight away.

Apparently all we'd have to do is give the clubs bank details and a few thousand pounds and we could get access to some Nigerians family inheritance that has billions of US dollars in. If Moses doesn't have one of these inheritances I'm sure he knows someone that does, according to my junk emails every other person in Nigeria does.

It's a win win situation really.

I've a theory about Kakuta's Fulham loan: Mark Hughes knew like every one that Carlo wouldn't end the season and because he eyes the Chelsea job for years, he probably wouldn't have offend Chelsea by refusing Kakuta. But of course, Fulham was overbooked in CAM position with Dempsey, Gera, Dembele, Andy Johnson behind Zamora.

I really don't agree with you about Coyle, I rather think he's done a fantastic job.

I wrote this before the boxing day, a comparison between Blackburn and Bolton

http://mypremierleag...011/12/20/2602/

It's a good thing I speak French otherwise I would have a lot of trouble reading that...thank god for online translators. You wrote that? Amazing, that is longer than some of novels I've read! I imagine the writing was much more attractive before it was butchered by Google.

Just out of personal curiosity, it there a French team that you follow or followed in the past? I remember Peace saying he didn't care much for the Ligue 1 but he was fond of Marseille because he lived close to the city of Marseille. I'm just always curious about what teams people support in their home country.

In a perfect world (for me), this transfer would mean Torres leaving for anything above £20mil to Juventus, Sturridge becoming our starting striker and then Lukaku + Moses being his back-up.

But no, of course that won't happen. :cry:

(Just remember - Sturridge was our joint-top scorer when OUT OF POSITION on the right-wing, while he got 8 goals in 12 games for Bolton as a striker. He is good enough to succeed here. He just needs a proper chance at being our main striker.)

no your right that wont happen! and there is a good reason why! and thats because you must be delusional if you think the European champions would go into next season with Sturridge and Lukaku as our main strikers with Moses as a back up!!! what kind of madness is that???

three players, two unproven strikers at the top level and one who is not even a striker! of course its not going to happen!

In an ideal world for me, i would rather we sell Sturridge, sign Moses as a back up to Ramires/Marin and sign Schurrle/Jovetic as 2nd choice striker and Lukaku as 3rd choice.

It feels like he would be bought for the sake of being bought. I don't see the hype about this guy. Junior Hoillet on the other hand...now that is a player I wouldn't mind.

If i am correct then hoilett is right footed and his primary poistion which means he will be very similar to marin . We have in marin, hazard , mata and maybe piazon 4 players who can play on the lw , on the other hand we have no player whose natural position is as a rw , ramires played there but he wont be effective against defensive teams so we need 2 players for the rw if we sign a right winger for a big fee moses for less than 10 mil makes sense and he is also homegrown.

no your right that wont happen! and there is a good reason why! and thats because you must be delusional if you think the European champions would go into next season with Sturridge and Lukaku as our main strikers with Moses as a back up!!! what kind of madness is that???

three players, two unproven strikers at the top level and one who is not even a striker! of course its not going to happen!

In an ideal world for me, i would rather we sell Sturridge, sign Moses as a back up to Ramires/Marin and sign Schurrle/Jovetic as 2nd choice striker and Lukaku as 3rd choice.

There's so much I could face palm at there.

Ramires is a central midfielder. He was played out of position on the wing. So you want Moses, who is apparently not a striker (I assume you mean he's a winger then), to be back up to a central midfielder?

You want Schurrle and Jovetic, neither of whom are strikers, as back-up strikers?

Moses is unproven at the top level? He's proven in the Premier League. When was Jovetic proven?

Or do you mean Sturridge, our top scoring forward this season, is unproven?

Moses as back-up to Marin? You DO realise don't you that Marin IS the back-up?

You want to sell our joint top goalscorer this season, top scoring forward, who's also home-grown?

How on earth could you imply that I'm delusional?

I know Moses is a good player, but is he even in Hulks league? Seems like a massive step down.

Agree with this, he'll probably just be a squad player if he joins but I feel like we need to take advantage of being European Champions and lure some better players to the club. I know people feel like we already have too many players for our squad to try and sign more (potentially) world-class players but that's just not true, there are 60 over games every season and to be able to compete for the title and the CL you need excellent players and replacements in your team. Torres, Sturridge, Lukaku are a question mark. Malouda is pretty much worthless. De Bruyne & Marin are unproven. Out of our 'attack', only Hazard and Mata can be relied upon so if this does indeed happen, I hope it isn't our final piece of business in that area.

In a perfect world (for me), this transfer would mean Torres leaving for anything above £20mil to Juventus, Sturridge becoming our starting striker and then Lukaku + Moses being his back-up.

Isn't Moses a winger though?

Schurrle has only played on the wing for Bayer Leverkusen at Mainz he was played at CF.

He only ever plays on the wing for Germany too, though, and we're about to enter his 2nd season of him playing on the wing, as a winger.

He's also known in the Bundesliga for being an inefficient finisher (based on this past season only though.)

There's so much I could face palm at there.

Ramires is a central midfielder. He was played out of position on the wing. So you want Moses, who is apparently not a striker (I assume you mean he's a winger then), to be back up to a central midfielder?

You want Schurrle and Jovetic, neither of whom are strikers, as back-up?

Moses is unproven at the top level? He's proven in the Premier League. When was Jovetic proven?

Or do you mean Sturridge, our top scoring forward this season, is unproven?

Moses as back-up to Marin? You DO realise don't you that Marin IS the back-up?

LOOL! you dont get it do you?

First of all yes Ramires is a CM but he was also our best player last season with Mata, and most of Ramires best performances came from RW!!! and yes Moses is not an out and out striker! Schurrle and Jovetic can both play as strikers and out wide!

and yes Sturridge is unproven as a striker at the top level! oh wait but he scored goals for us last season from RW! lool! you do realize scoring from RW where he could sneak in at the back post is a whole lot different to leading the line and scoring goals as an out and out striker where he would be up against two CB's! who would probably scare the life out of Sturridge! i could only imagine how bad he would be playing for us as a ST he would get bullied so easily against the opposition CB's, Sturridge is not the answer simple as that!

He only ever plays on the wing for Germany too, though, and we're about to enter his 2nd season of him playing on the wing, as a winger.

Doesn't matter, he is more than capable of playing as striker, he didn't magically forget how to play in that position.

LOOL! you dont get it do you?

First of all yes Ramires is a CM but he was also our best player last season with Mata, and most of Ramires best performances came from RW!!! and yes Moses is not an out and out striker! Schurrle and Jovetic can both play as strikers and out wide!

and yes Sturridge is unproven as a striker at the top level! oh wait but he scored goals for us last season from RW! lool! you do realize scoring from RW where he could sneak in at the back post is a whole lot different to leading the line and scoring goals as an out and out striker where he would be up against two CB's! who would probably scare the life out of Sturridge! i could only imagine how bad he would be playing for us as a ST he would get bullied so easily against the opposition CB's, Sturridge is not the answer simple as that!

No-one claimed Moses is an out-and-out striker.

Why do you think we're trying to buy a WINGER then? Why are we even talking about WINGERS? Because Ramires won't be our starting right-winger next season.

I see you're completely disregarding Sturridge leading the line for Bolton then, scoring most of his goals from headers and one on one situations after getting past centre-backs.

How on earth can you talk about the idea of Sturridge getting bullied easily by CB's, and be talking about Jovetic as back-up instead?

*facepalm*

Why the fuck didnt we go after Lavezzi if Hulk was too expensive?!?!

Lavezzi is only class winger along Hulk, we might get him for 25mio, he is experienced and not too old, real fighter and runner plus bulky enough to give balance...now he goes to Psg...

Doesn't matter, he is more than capable of playing as striker, he didn't magically forget how to play in that position.

Exactly the same as Victor Moses, naturally a striker, then.

Hope you guys that are saying he'd be a squad player are right. Otherwise, this is what midtable clubs like Liverpool do. Poach cheap players from the likes of Wigan and bottom table clubs.

We're European Champions and should be bringing in proven, instant impact, world class players.

Moses would be a great squad player, though.