Victor Moses

Superblue

If we are going for someone like Moses, I'd honestly rather Junoir Hoilett over him or even Nathan Dyer. Though it is probably just a ploy to decrease Hulk's price.

I agree about Hoilett but not Dyer.

Moses is a very interesting player. Medias speaks about him since he's 16, says every big club (Arsenal, Inter, ManU, Chelsea etc...) want him yet he eventually chose Wigan where he'd play week after week after Crystal Palace was forced to sell him.

Martinez did use him well, not with an enormous role just when he arrived. He was a substitute, then he was a 3rd choice behind Cleverley and N'Zogbia on the wings and now the two left he was a starter.

He has a genuine potential: he's quick, solid, skillfull and shots well. But his main struggle is to try to manage his athletic abilities because he lacks often lucidity or the ability to produce several runs in a short period of time. Last season he was really inconsistent in his play, a good action then disappears for 4 or 5 minutes. This term he gained game time (36+2 games for 8+13 games) but also volume of play, more presence in the game etc. But he's of course far from revealing all his potential.

Hoilett is a very good player even if he's not Paulo Ferreira's mentality. I still hope we could hijack Monchen GLadbach's deal. He can do everything in the last tier: playing on both wings, support striker and false 9. A kind of Ashley Young (good crosser, good assist provider and passer into space) with a far more varied palette of dribbles and probably a better shooting ability.

Dyer is overrated, he's very much SWP style. He manages to make a little difference because he's little and quick, his gravity point is low. But he looks at his shoes when he dribbles, he cannot shot, cross etc... properly. Everytime the same dribble

Re: Kakuta -

At Bolton and Fulham, Kakuta pretty much failed on the wing.

At Dijon, he was one of their best players when used in his actual role, in behind the striker.

There is absolutely no way he'll be getting game time ahead of Mata though, even against a team like Wigan.

On the left, we've got Mata, Hazard, Marin, Sturridge, De Bruyne, Malouda etc. all able to play there.

On the right, we've got all the same again, aside from Malouda.

I understand that there's a bias towards players who have come through our youth system (as I share this bias), but although he has, at times, shown some individual brilliance, I personally don't believe he's a good enough team player or player in general to make it at a top club.

He accessorises his game too much.

Kakuta has all the skills to be an explosive winger/attacking midfielder, he just needs consistent games and confidence from the manager...which is something he WON'T get at Chelsea.

For the good of his professional career, he should leave Chelsea, move back to France and prove that he is a class player.

Re: Kakuta -

At Bolton and Fulham, Kakuta pretty much failed on the wing.

At Dijon, he was one of their best players when used in his actual role, in behind the striker.

There is absolutely no way he'll be getting game time ahead of Mata though, even against a team like Wigan.

On the left, we've got Mata, Hazard, Marin, Sturridge, De Bruyne, Malouda etc. all able to play there.

On the right, we've got all the same again, aside from Malouda.

Through the centre, we've got Mata, Hazard, Marin, De Bruyne, Lampard etc. all able to play there, too.

I understand that there's a bias towards players who have come through our youth system (as I share this bias), but although he has, at times, shown some individual brilliance, I personally don't believe he's a good enough team player or player in general to make it at a top club.

He accessorises his game too much.

Great post

Is Kakuta really up to the mark? Moses has shown his quality in the PL, Kakuta failed to make any impact whatsoever.

Fulham were stacked with wingers already, so I have no idea why he was loaned to there.

Coyle is and always was an idiot. The only reason Sturridge and Wilshere got chances at Bolton is due to good ol' English bias.

If he is bought I feel that it would restrict other youngster too much.

Fulham were stacked with wingers already, so I have no idea why he was loaned to there.

Coyle is and always was an idiot. The only reason Sturridge and Wilshere got chances at Bolton is due to good ol' English bias.

Dude we are not arsenal , hopping that a player who has prooven nothing will stepup suddenly is very stupid barca have a great academy but that does'nt stop them from buying top players . A few years ago wenger didn't buy xabi alonso because of denilson , now denilson plays in brazil and alonso is one of the best midfielders in the world . People laugh at arsenal about that till now dont want Chelsea to be in the same situation

I've a theory about Kakuta's Fulham loan: Mark Hughes knew like every one that Carlo wouldn't end the season and because he eyes the Chelsea job for years, he probably wouldn't have offend Chelsea by refusing Kakuta. But of course, Fulham was overbooked in CAM position with Dempsey, Gera, Dembele, Andy Johnson behind Zamora.

I really don't agree with you about Coyle, I rather think he's done a fantastic job.

I wrote this before the boxing day, a comparison between Blackburn and Bolton

http://mypremierleag...011/12/20/2602/

which of our youngsters can play RW? as leif said kakuta is more natural in the middle

Dont know about piazon, i think hes more of a LW/CAM type. Same with de bruyne although he has potential to play deeper. Lalkovic? At the moment we only have Marin, sturridge and hazard that can play there.

Knew the Hulk deal would have some snags or be off completely, but I thought we'd at least go after another world class player.

I know Moses is a good player, but is he even in Hulks league? Seems like a massive step down.

This could possibly be a leak to show Porto that we're not going to give into their ridiculous demands for Hulk

It is very possible that at this early stage it is an intentional leak, but he could be our fall back guy and it might get serious as more time goes by without any progress with Hulk.

Dude we are not arsenal , hopping that a player who has prooven nothing will stepup suddenly is very stupid barca have a great academy but that does'nt stop them from buying top players . A few years ago wenger didn't buy xabi alonso because of denilson , now denilson plays in brazil and alonso is one of the best midfielders in the world . People laugh at arsenal about that till now dont want Chelsea to be in the same situation

It feels like he would be bought for the sake of being bought. I don't see the hype about this guy. Junior Hoillet on the other hand...now that is a player I wouldn't mind.

In a perfect world (for me), this transfer would mean Torres leaving for anything above £20mil to Juventus, Sturridge becoming our starting striker and then Lukaku + Moses being his back-up.

But no, of course that won't happen. :cry:

(Just remember - Sturridge was our joint-top scorer when OUT OF POSITION on the right-wing, while he got 8 goals in 12 games for Bolton as a striker. He is good enough to succeed here. He just needs a proper chance at being our main striker.)

he would be a good addition to the squad! he impressed me last season with his dribbling ability, he makes it look easy at times the way he can just ghost past players, only thing he lacks is end product and a football brain, but playing at a better club with better players, he can develop and improve that side of his game, i think he would be a very shrewd buy.

95 I believe.

And where does that rank him on the completed dribbles list?

Even if that is high, that's no definitive indicator of him being a good player. So he might be comfortable with the ball at his feet, that's great, but what about the end product? You can beat all 11 men but if you blast it into row Z there's no real point.