Victor Moses

Superblue

He actually said he likes and wants to work with a squad of 22 players and then allow the 3 spots to be filled with kids from the academy to come and train and play in the 1st team.

I don't think this is the actual reason why he wants 22 players. Our current squad (excluding Moses & Ba who will likely be sold/loaned) fills up 20 registration places. 5 of these 20 players are homegrown and you need 8 in your 25 man squad. The two signings of Willian & Eto'o (most likely) will take it up to 22, leaving 3 slots left which have to be filled with youth for us to comply with the homegrown rules.

Might be just a coincidence but I think it's more to do with that than Mourinho's squad preferences.

article also says that Atletico Madrid want Mata on loan..... please no to both deals. Why strengthen Liverpool?

what a fucking joke ,,,,I wouldnt give the Scum the skin off my shite..

I might sell them Torres back ..even at cut price say 40 mill

Thats not. When Wenger buy a lot of french players, or players from French League, everybody says its because he is from France. Just because Nigeria is an African country you are afraid to make the same comparison. Moses is really average, there are many players that are in the same level, but denying that the fact he is from Nigeria, and the man who was buying players at the time is also from Nigeria made a huge part on this deal, is what is really stupid.

Moses came through an English academy so what you're saying doesn't make sense. You really can't compare Wenger buying players from France to this.

Loan the most direct player in our squad out, replace him with another attacking midfielder who we will stick on the wing. Goodbye all directness and variation.

To compete we need a good squad, but with different sorts of players. We already have 3 or 4 number 10 like players in Mata, Hazard, Oscar and De Bruyne, an inside forward in Andre Schurrle and then Moses who is direct. Look at United, they used Nani, Kagawa, Valencia, Young on their wings at times last year. All different players. Nani is similar to Valencia as in they are both direct players. Young and Kagawa prefer to come inside so they can score goals/link with Rooney. We need to have that sort of variation in our squad.

If we sell/loan Moses and then when we are playing too narrow, who will we bring on to stretch teams? We will be pretty fucked.

I dont see the point of him going out on loan.

It has to be a sale.

I never understand the purchase of Moses other than for the homegrown quota.

when we bought Moses our squad was anorexic now it is obese ,,,but no loan ,,,SELL ...nothing against the player just being pragmatic

Loan the most direct player in our squad out, replace him with another attacking midfielder who we will stick on the wing. Goodbye all directness and variation.

The Villa game, for example, was crying out for someone like Moses. Villa had packed the center and there were tons of spaces on the wings yet Hazard, Oscar and Mata and even Schurrle later were for some reason insisting on cutting inside every time and playing a pass to Ba who had his back to goal and was surrounded by 5-6 Villa players.

Thats not. When Wenger buy a lot of french players, or players from French League, everybody says its because he is from France. Just because Nigeria is an African country you are afraid to make the same comparison. Moses is really average, there are many players that are in the same level, but denying that the fact he is from Nigeria, and the man who was buying players at the time is also from Nigeria made a huge part on this deal, is what is really stupid.

One small gap in your logic: We don't buy a lot of Nigerian players. We only have Moses and Mikel who was bought before Emanelo became the director of football at the club.

I don't think this is the actual reason why he wants 22 players. Our current squad (excluding Moses & Ba who will likely be sold/loaned) fills up 20 registration places. 5 of these 20 players are homegrown and you need 8 in your 25 man squad. The two signings of Willian & Eto'o (most likely) will take it up to 22, leaving 3 slots left which have to be filled with youth for us to comply with the homegrown rules.

Might be just a coincidence but I think it's more to do with that than Mourinho's squad preferences.

As far as I know, we don't necessarily have to fill in all 8 of HG players quota. Just need to allocate 8 of the 25-man squad places to HG players. The rest is obviously filled by 17 foreign players though excluding those U21 lads like van Ginkel, Lukaku, Kalas.

As for working with 22 players, he has always maintained a liking to work with that size of squad since last time and nothing new about it here. And it should be noted that we recently a provisional squad list of 26 players for the Premier League.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3364371/title/squad-numbers-submitted

As far as I know, we don't necessarily have to fill in all 8 of HG players quota. Just need to allocate 8 of the 25-man squad places to HG players. The rest is obviously filled by 17 foreign players though excluding those U21 lads like van Ginkel, Lukaku, Kalas.

As for working with 22 players, he has always maintained a liking to work with that size of squad since last time and nothing new about it here. And it should be noted that we recently a provisional squad list of 26 players for the Premier League.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3364371/title/squad-numbers-submitted

Indeed, and to comply with the rules we would need to submit 3 of our HG reserve/youth players in the squad (unless Rooney is signed, then 2).

What do you mean by 'fill in all 8'. I'm just saying we need to allocate 8 of the 25 man squad to HG players, like you said earlier.

Yes, 8 of those 25 places need to be allocated to HG players BUT we don't have to put in 8 HG players to fill the quota (as far as I know). And I believe we have been doing that in recent years too. We can just fill in say 5-6 HG players and leave the remaining slots free/empty. Don't have to fill in with reserves or youth players.

To compete we need a good squad, but with different sorts of players. We already have 3 or 4 number 10 like players in Mata, Hazard, Oscar and De Bruyne, an inside forward in Andre Schurrle and then Moses who is direct. Look at United, they used Nani, Kagawa, Valencia, Young on their wings at times last year. All different players. Nani is similar to Valencia as in they are both direct players. Young and Kagawa prefer to come inside so they can score goals/link with Rooney. We need to have that sort of variation in our squad.

If we sell/loan Moses and then when we are playing too narrow, who will we bring on to stretch teams? We will be pretty fucked.

I agree that Moses is capable of being that direct player on the RW/LW for us...but realistically, how many games will he get to play this season?

Unless Willian or De Bruyne pick up injuries, it's hard to see Moses getting game time on either wing.

The Villa game, for example, was crying out for someone like Moses. Villa had packed the center and there were tons of spaces on the wings yet Hazard, Oscar and Mata and even Schurrle later were for some reason insisting on cutting inside every time and playing a pass to Ba who had his back to goal and was surrounded by 5-6 Villa players.

One small gap in your logic: We don't buy a lot of Nigerian players. We only have Moses and Mikel who was bought before Emanelo became the director of football at the club.

We dont because they are not good. Moses was the only Nigerian around that would fit in Chelsea transfer politics: young and winger, and he even had PL experience. The fact that Emenalo is from same country played a part on the deal, as simple as that.

Am sure he will do very well where ever he goes that is if? he goes in the first place bcoz so far its all speculation. I actually thought he is the kind of player mourinho will like strong,power,pace,good in the air, direct and most importantly a true winger. I'd love to see him at liverpool or everton if its a loan so he could trouble our rivals.