Victor Moses

Superblue

The only thing that annoys me about the boy is his ridiculous touch and control. You think a winger would be good for counter-attacking, but he's often killed our attacks with his terrible touch. Many times he looks panicked with no real plan. More so in the second half of the season though. Hopefully he improves.

That said, he's great squad player.

Was Bridge, Geremi, Huth and Smertin Chelsea quality?

Was/is Brown, O Shea, Evans, Welbeck and Fabio Man.Utd quality?

It's squad's that win titles, we can't have a 25 man squad full of world class talent.

Look at the Bayern Munich XI. Full of world class talent. I think Moses is a squad player at best. He is really frustrating to watch at times.

Look at the Bayern Munich XI. Full of world class talent. I think Moses is a squad player at best. He is really frustrating to watch at times.

Yeah and a very good squad player, which is what we lack.

Most season's i think we actually have a better starting Xl than Man.Utd, but there is a reason they win the league's and we win the cup's.

Moses is a slightly different player than Marin. The former is more of a direct winger than the latter. He offers something different to what we got now and not mention, a goal threat in the attacking third. As you said, Moses started off brilliant but then tailed off (after the AFCON) and that's the problem with people. They only focus on the bad things and forgetting the good ones. Moses has showed he's capable to be a decent squad player who can come in and do the job for us if and when needed. Always looked out of place when linking with Hazard and Mata? Think you're making it worse than it is. He might have some problems in understanding their game but remember it's only his first season here. Moses will get better when allowed to play more games with them.

It seems many have become spoilt by watching Mata, Hazard, Oscar etc playing. For the players that is playing week in week out but for those that aren't, like 2nd/3rd/4th etc choice players, you can't expect to be having the same set of quality players sitting on the bench. As said above, Moses is capable to be a decent squad player for us even though he's not world class. And with time and age on his side, he can only get better with experience. Doubt he will complain playing 2nd fiddle either.

I just think that Marko Marin deserved to play more than Moses. Moses is a squad player at best for me.

Imagine Kalou in the squad instead of Marin? that's 8 ish more "lucky tap ins" that we didn't get, that would have surely got us a few more points and therefore, 2nd place.

Ofcourse we should have defended better during the season, but that wasn't the sole reason we were fighting for CL football with the North London mob.

It wasn't the sole reason yes but you seem to be indicating that not having Kalou was the reason we finished 3rd. We only finished 3 points behind City at the end and had we not criminally threw away those 2-0 leads against Southampton and Reading to begin with, we would have finished 1 point above City and this wouldn't even be an issue.

And all these moans about the supposed uselessness of Marin is only based on hindsight. Many were pleased with the signing and doubt people expected him to get injured so much and had little impact for us.

I just think that Marko Marin deserved to play more than Moses. Moses is a squad player at best for me.

So you think Marin can be a first team player for us? As much as I think he deserves another shot to prove himself, doubt he will ever be a first team player for us. And besides, his main position LW, is owned by Hazard.

Yeah and a very good squad player, which is what we lack.

Most season's i think we actually have a better starting Xl than Man.Utd, but there is a reason they win the league's and we win the cup's.

Mario Gomez and Arjen Robben were squad players for Bayern at the beginning of the season..Robben managed to cement a first team place. We need a much stronger bench and ok maybe Moses can be a decent squad player but I can't really see him come off the bench in a big game and make a real impact.

So you think Marin can be a first team player for us? As much as I think he deserves another shot to prove himself, doubt he will ever be a first team player for us. And besides, his main position LW, is owned by Hazard.

Marin can play on the right. I think he can be a first team player. It doesn't seem so now but I remember in Pre Season last year some people were rating him above Hazard! I know it was only pre season but I think he has potential. More potential than Moses anyway,

It wasn't the sole reason yes but you seem to be indicating that not having Kalou was the reason we finished 3rd. We only finished 3 points behind City at the end and had we not criminally threw away those 2-0 leads against Southampton and Reading to begin with, we would have finished 1 point above City and this wouldn't even be an issue.

And all these moans about the supposed uselessness of Marin is only based on hindsight. Many were pleased with the signing and doubt people expected him to get injured so much and had little impact for us.

Maybe one of those games Kalou would have been hauled on in a panic and got the winner? could have happened, guess we will never know now.

With Marin, yes their was excitement with us because we are football fans and love a new signing, it's the board that should have known better with this one.

We bought him for 8 mil and he is now worth more than that. So from a purely monetary stand point it can't have been a bad signing.

Imo. Very useful squad player. Impressed early on, and faded a bit towards the end which seems to have clouded some of his earlier performances.

It's also pretty useful to actually have a winger. Rather than lots of CAMS who are pushed out wide.

Marin can play on the right. I think he can be a first team player. It doesn't seem so now but I remember in Pre Season last year some people were rating him above Hazard! I know it was only pre season but I think he has potential. More potential than Moses anyway,

Playing Marin on the RW is basically just filling square pegs in round holes. It's not his best position and he won't have much impact on the RW like he can give on the LW.

A guy who is shit, and has done shit, has more potential than a proven premier league player who led their team to international glory just this January and kept Wigan in the premier league last year?

I'll have what you're drinking :D

Playing Marin on the RW is basically just filling square pegs in round holes. It's not his best position and he won't have much impact on the RW like he can give on the LW.

Marin has played on the RW before. Plus it depends if the player cuts in or crosses. Plus we stuck Oscar on the right wing at times!

A guy who is shit, and has done shit, has more potential than a proven premier league player who led their team to international glory just this January and kept Wigan in the premier league last year?

I'll have what you're drinking :D

Marin's performances in the past got him the nickname "The German Messi" :D

He will never live up to that but still he has done more than shit in the past. Keeping Wigan in the PL is good and all since he's on vacation until March. Plus lead his team to international glory ^_^

Yeah Mikel did that too..I think thats enough

Marin has played on the RW before. Plus it depends if the player cuts in or crosses.

Hardly matters if the player can't perform effectively there. Hazard has played at RW before but we have seen he hardly has any impact there compared to him playing in his main position LW or even CAM.

Plus we stuck Oscar on the right wing at times!

That's precisely why I don't want to see us playing players in positions that they aren't comfortable with. Enough with filling square pegs in round holes!

Hardly matters if the player can't perform effectively there. Hazard has played at RW before but we have seen he hardly has any impact there compared to him playing in his main position LW or even CAM.

That's precisely why I don't want to see us playing players in positions that they aren't comfortable with. Enough with filling square pegs in round holes!

So the board decided to have one RW in Moses and 3 LWs in Hazard, Marin and Piazon in the beginning of the season. Chelsea need to sign a proper RW this transfer window.

I don't understand your point then. It's not like Moses is a starter for us is he? He's clearly a squad player. And a damn good one too.

If Marin was so good he'd surely start over Moses and Oscar on the right wing? Even Ramires has started more games on the right than Marin has.