Victor Moses

Superblue

Despite being a fan of Moses, I have to say Rafa made exactly the wrong sub yesterday. If he was going to bring Moses on, it should have been for Torres, and to have played with a false number 9. I don't see any sense in bringing Moses on in that sort of situation.

Despite being a fan of Moses, I have to say Rafa made exactly the wrong sub yesterday. If he was going to bring Moses on, it should have been for Torres, and to have played with a false number 9. I don't see any sense in bringing Moses on in that sort of situation.

Well who would you have brought on for the injured Hazard?

So it seems to be that tomorrow Moses can earn his place in Chelsea for long time... I have high hopes on him.

However, a thigh injury for Victor Moses means a late switch for David Luiz back into midfield, with Ramires on the right of the trio behind Fernando Torres

However, a thigh injury for Victor Moses means a late switch for David Luiz back into midfield, with Ramires on the right of the trio behind Fernando Torres

Thank God - Moses has been shit since AFCON - are you sure we got Moses back and not his brother or something? He was amazing Pre and soooo bad after!!!

Afcon success fucked him up lol.

Hmm I dunno - I see him as a more timid player now - he seems to have lost some confidence? Maybe he can't adapt to the rotation policy or its just not working under Benitez?

A real shame - hopefully a new manager will kick-start his Chelsea career, still think he has a lot to offer - if we can progress him mentally...

Well who would you have brought on for the injured Hazard?

Frank Lampard, to consolidate the midfield alongside Luiz. I'd then have pushed Oscar out on the left, Ramires on the right (both giving cover to the full-backs), with Mata in support of Demba Ba. For further consolidation, Aké or Terry could then be brought onto the pitch.

Rafa sometimes thinks too simplistically, and goes like-for-like, whereas a change in personnel and a shift in positions might have meant we'd have seen the game out, at the same time as maintaining our midfield dominance and offensive threat.

Frank Lampard, to consolidate the midfield alongside Luiz. I'd then have pushed Oscar out on the left, Ramires on the right (both giving cover to the full-backs), with Mata in support of Demba Ba. For further consolidation, Aké or Terry could then be brought onto the pitch.

Rafa sometimes thinks too simplistically, and goes like-for-like, whereas a change in personnel and a shift in positions might have meant we'd have seen the game out, at the same time as maintaining our midfield dominance and offensive threat.

Well yes that makes more sense in theory, but in practice those changes that require shifting positions take a lot of work on the training ground so everyone knows his role. That is something we have suffered from gravely this season. We have been playing twice a week all season. I'm actually surprised by the work Rafa has done with so little time to train and implement his ideas.

I'm in no way denying that his subs are completely shit, but in this particular case, I can see why he did it.

Hattrick Marin. Mark my words lads, mark my words.

That's very, very harsh.

Moses has been a very effective player for us. WhoScored is full of crap sometimes.

1 goal and 1 assist in 23 PL games for Moses so it's not really that harsh if only the league matches are considered. In other competitions Moses was more effective though.