Victor Moses

Superblue

Decent signing, the guy has potential just need to work his decision making in the final third. Now I really really hope that RDM does rotation in the squad intelligently (Not like the Reading game) so that people like Marin & Moses get more game time to showcase their talent and overcome their weakness.

Now we got players in most of the department though i would had loved to have someone in the DM role as well but i dont think that is happening. So lets get our RB and wrap it off for this transfer window.

Looks like we've got Moses Great a young talent.

Got to say WELL DONE to Dave Whelan and Wigan. I think Chelsea have been poor in the way they've tried to get Moses on the cheap. One million to a club like us is chicken feed (Torres wages for 5/6 weeks)

A million to a club lioke Wigan would make a big difference to them.

Come on Chelsea play fair we are a BIG club now let's not use that too drive the smaller clubs down Let's show our Class....God we're not fucking Scoucers!!!

Depth is important, but I think this is mostly about width. The biggest issue I've seen in the first two games is the bunching of the team in the middle of the park. Mata, Hazard, Oscar, and Ramires are all central attacking midfielders (or, in the case of Mata and Hazard who can play elsewhere, seem to prefer to play centrally). Ivanovic is great going forward, but even he is more comfortable going towards the middle of the field rather than running up and down the wings. Lampard and Mikel when they come up, also come up the middle as do our central defenders when they join the play. Sturridge can play wide, but he's not a midfielder so shouldn't be. Moses and Marin would give us two legitimate options on the right and can actually play out wide.

I still suspect Ramires will play the most on the right because RDM likes his defensive presence there (I understand why) and if he didn't play there, he would hardly ever play which is ridiculous, but this would give the squad more flexibility.

Yep agree with this. If plan A doesn't work of Hazard, Mata, Oscar being able to work their way primarily through the middle of teams, then we now have a plan B of Moses and Marin stretching teams and giving us width.

City have the same situation whereby if the likes of Nasri, Silva and YaYa aren't working, they can call upon Johnson and Milner to offer genuine width.

Why don't we give him a new one-year contract and then loan him?

Why would he sign a one year contract? Why would we loan him with no back up striker? This sounds like bad business, no chance it would ever happen.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/268657/Victor-Moses-set-to-bridge-the-wage-gap/

Moses is set to earn 40k p/w of wages, 4 times more than what he earned at Wigan according to Daily Star.

And yet £40k pw is very low in our squad, seems very reasonable by todays standards.

The lad seems very grounded. He could think about trying for more brcause its Chelsea and could have acted up at wigan over the protracted transfer. Just look at the way dempsey and modric have behaved, both senior pros.

For likely less than a third of the price and third of the wages of hulk this seems really good business!

Yeah....but Moses has a track record for parting the waves,...Jesus could only produce food and wine and Judas was only in it for the money........

Can't see Jesus performing away to Stoke on a wet Tuesday night, guy gives up to easy, not enough fight.... Moses on the other hand want afraid to get his hands dirty, also lead by example. Judas? Well not exactly a team player....

Yep agree with this. If plan A doesn't work of Hazard, Mata, Oscar being able to work their way primarily through the middle of teams, then we now have a plan B of Moses and Marin stretching teams and giving us width.

City have the same situation whereby if the likes of Nasri, Silva and YaYa aren't working, they can call upon Johnson and Milner to offer genuine width.

I could see him doing what Gervinho did at Lille.

Offer pace on counter attacks, running at the fullbacks and with some time and understanding between him and the likes of Mata and Hazard making great runs between the fullbacks and center backs for 1-1 against the keeper.

And he can't have worse composure than Gervinho.

you can always use that kind of player.

Sturridge could also do the same if he had the mentality to do it.