Victor Moses

Superblue

I'm sure you said that in your ideal world you'd have Sturridge, Lukaku and Moses as our lead strikers?

No. I said in my ideal world, we would sell Torres for at least £20mil, most likely to Juventus, and then have Sturridge as our lead striker.

I then said that Lukaku and Moses could be back-up to Sturridge, but everyone knows our board. Another striker would then be bought, incase Sturridge fails.

He would probably be a big name who would rotate with Sturridge. Someone like Falcao I assume would be bought.

No one is under the illusion that if Sturridge couldn't produce the goods that Lukaku and Moses are good enough to be our starting strikers vs. the likes of Manchester United.

I'll also add - Moses has shown potential to be a starting winger for a top club within the next 2 seasons.

Sure, a lot of small minded people (not you) won't see that, but that's expected.

I assume he'll be snapped up by a Bundesliga club if I'm honest.

Moses is a decent player, but I'd be dissapointed if he was bought as our first choice right sided attacker.

Granted, Moses does not warrant the same talent as Wayne Rooney did when he was bought for United, so he wouldn't automatically force his way into the team like Wayne did. I'd either want a young, Hazard-esque signing for our right side, or rather go for experience at a good age i.e. Hulk.

The right side of our attack has been neglected for too long, we've been trying to fit in square pegs into round holes for too long. We need a proper signing for the right side of our attack for once. IIRC, Moses prefers the left side more as he likes to cut in on his stronger foot?

Again, wouldn't mind Moses but will he be given the time and patience here to succeed? I don't think so.

Hope you guys that are saying he'd be a squad player are right. Otherwise, this is what midtable clubs like Liverpool do. Poach cheap players from the likes of Wigan and bottom table clubs.

We're European Champions and should be bringing in proven, instant impact, world class players.

Moses would be a great squad player, though.

What you mean like how Man Utd bought Valencia? He was a terrible buy wasn't he?

What you mean like how Man Utd bought Valencia? He was a terrible buy wasn't he?

Valencia would have been a perfect signing for us. Everyone could see the guy was quality, it's not a surprise he went for £10m+ (£15m I think?), which is quite high by Wigan standards. He certainly wasn't cheap.

Moses is a very talented player but if you asked me do we need him I would say no. He is not proven at a big club, he is talented but we have many others who are talented. If we have the likes of Kakuta, who I hope has a Chelsea future, Sturridge, Marin, De Bruyne potential as well, Lalkovic looks a decent prospect but maybe not good enough for the first team and the likes of Ramires and Hazard and Malouda, where is Moses going to find valuable playing time?

Kakuta had a decent loan at Dijon and I believe he can make the grade. If we are going to buy Moses we can't waste his potential by not playing him and this would be inevitable with the amount of attackers at the club. If it was RDM that made the reported bid for Moses it would be interesting as maybe he has plans to sell a couple of players and involve Moses in but surely this means we are not interested in Hulk anymore I guess.

I really like Moses, but are there people with me in thinking it would be a waste of time for him to come here?

Valencia would have been a perfect signing for us. Everyone could see the guy was quality, it's not a surprise he went for £10m+ (£15m I think?), which is quite high by Wigan standards. He certainly wasn't cheap.

Yeah, but he had two or three years left to run on his contract, hence the larger price. Moses only has a year left AFAIK.

I bet if we bought Rooney instead of Man Utd, people would just say "Too young, not enough experience. Bad transfer. Sell him. Let's get someone else older, more expensive and more proven."

Spot on.. True Story

Spot on.. True Story

I don't think so. Anyone that's bought for around £30m, and with the talent Rooney had, no one would say that in my opinion. Only if he flopped maybe. It's pretty similar to Hazard's case, no ones's saying he's too young as its crystal clear the boy has talent. It was the same with Wayne.

He would not be a bad option to have. Quick, tricky player who's not afraid to take on defenders. And it's for a reasonable price too, plus the fact he is already used to PL football.

Watched him against Arsenal at the Emirates last season, and he totally destroyed their RB - Djourou i think it was :lol:

If we do get him, our options for the 3 positions behind the striker only gets stronger and far better than last season.

I don't think so. Anyone that's bought for around £30m, and with the talent Rooney had, no one would say that in my opinion. Only if he flopped maybe. It's pretty similar to Hazard's case, no ones's saying he's too young as its crystal clear the boy has talent. It was the same with Wayne.

Thanks for reminding me! Yeah, he is a different case! Though i agree with Lief with most supporters here will choose ready made players than giving opportunity for our young exciting players like Sturridge (in CF position that is).

Thanks for reminding me! Yeah, he is a different case! Though i agree with Lief with most supporters here will choose ready made players than giving opportunity for our young exciting players like Sturridge (in CF position that is).

Yeah, I concur with that. That's just life though I guess!

Though i agree with Lief with most supporters here will choose ready made players than giving opportunity for our young exciting players like Sturridge (in CF position that is).

If Sturridge didn't end the season as badly as he did, then i'm sure not many will complain about him being main striker.

And i'm not even talking about goals here, but his overall performance from December to May was just shocking. Nothing changed, just same shit every game.

And just before someone comes up with the excuse of him playing out of position - what about prior to December (preseason included) when he was amazing from that very same position?!