Victor Moses

Superblue

I think he has more credentials to be part of this team than KDB and schurrle because he has already spent a season with chelsea in which he was heavily involved in the squad unlike kdb who was deemed not ready last season and schurrle who is new, also apart from mourinho's preference for left footed players on the right wing which automatically gives mata a spot there moses along with willian are the only other natural options on the right especially considering mata has a spot in middle with oscar also. For all the talk about oscar not doing so well on the right wing last season I think kdb would do even worse because from his first game he never even stayed there in the first place and played similar to what oscar played last season offering no width(funny the belgians did not complain), Imo neither is a right winger but nevertheless I think he is more relevant tactically to our squad than schurrle who, as i see it might be loaned out to a premier league club for the season to get used to the Epl, unfortunately he is also the more experienced than kdb and moses and would be a natural cover for hazard on the left wing but I think unfortunately for him also willian and even moses can cover very adequately for hazard on the left wing if the need arises and what is even more confusing is that he has been brought on as a sub on right wing and not the left wing which is his natural position in the Epl games played so far further undermining his relevance to the squad esp with the arrival of willian. The more I look the more confusing this gets but below is what I think will happen.

Willian/Mata(Kdb/Moses)----oscar/mata(Kdb)-----hazard(willian/Moses/Kdb)

Schurrle----Epl loan

Ba----loan or sold if new striker comes in.

Moses is not an old school winter. He likes to cut in as well. He wasn't going to play before William, now he certainly won't. My guess is De Bruyne will also now almost never play.

I was thinking the same thing as well, but I'm beginning to wonder, would it really be all that difficult to give enough game time to six (albeit very good) attacking mids? I mean, in the latter part of last season, we also had 6 attacking midfielders (Marin, ben, moses, oscar etc). The difference now is that we've significantly upgraded three of those players. If Marin, Benayoun and Moses were anything near good enough, would it have been so much of a challenge to give all three enough game time? Something to mull over, I guess.

As irritating as this Willian signing is, for the reasons that many have mentioned already, I don't think we should forget how incredibly fortunate we were last season to avoid major injuries to our key players (man city and spurs were certainly not so lucky). If Jose continues with the high tempo, pressing game, I just wonder what impact such a style would have on fitness (knock on wood). Also, it's entirely possible that in some games, Jose might try Kevin or Oscar in centre midfield. In the preseason game against Real Madrid, he briefly moved kdb deeper and also did the same with Oscar against Villa. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see one of those two make some appearances in centre midfield.

Anyway, my point is that offloading Moses (who, for all his cute little dribbling and running, can't put in a decent ball into the box and isn't functional) and bringing in Willian gives jose a very, very good crop of attacking options which allows for tactically flexibility.

Again, these rumours. Why wouldnt Moses be able to stay despite Willian coming here? For the love of God, we have been screaming for wingers, and now that we get them people think the other is leaving.

Mourinho clearly said he wants a 25-player squad, right? He's also made it quite clear he wants there to be competition. Now, if we look at it:

RB: Azpi, Iva

CB: Terry, Luiz, Cahill

RB: Cole, Bertrand

DM: Ramires, Lampard, Essien, Mikel, MvG

RW: Willian, Moses

LW: Hazard, Schurrle

CAM: Mata, Oscar, KdB*

ST: Lukaku, Torres, Ba

That makes 22 or 23. Plus Cech and Schwarzer, pretty much makes it 25.

Im really amazed at the level of paranoia and trust in bullshit and random twitter "sources"/rumours people have.

Again, these rumours. Why wouldnt Moses be able to stay despite Willian coming here? For the love of God, we have been screaming for wingers, and now that we get them people think the other is leaving.

Mourinho clearly said he wants a 25-player squad, right? He's also made it quite clear he wants there to be competition. Now, if we look at it:

RB: Azpi, Iva

CB: Terry, Luiz, Cahill

RB: Cole, Bertrand

DM: Ramires, Lampard, Essien, Mikel, MvG

RW: Willian, Moses

LW: Hazard, Schurrle

CAM: Mata, Oscar, KdB*

ST: Lukaku, Torres, Ba

That makes 22 or 23. Plus Cech and Schwarzer, pretty much makes it 25.

Im really amazed at the level of paranoia and trust in bullshit and random twitter "sources"/rumours people have.

He actually said he likes and wants to work with a squad of 22 players and then allow the 3 spots to be filled with kids from the academy to come and train and play in the 1st team.

He actually said he likes and wants to work with a squad of 22 players and then allow the 3 spots to be filled with kids from the academy to come and train and play in the 1st team.

lukaku, ginkel are 20 and pretty much should be considered as youth.

This is really stupid.

Thats not. When Wenger buy a lot of french players, or players from French League, everybody says its because he is from France. Just because Nigeria is an African country you are afraid to make the same comparison. Moses is really average, there are many players that are in the same level, but denying that the fact he is from Nigeria, and the man who was buying players at the time is also from Nigeria made a huge part on this deal, is what is really stupid.