César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

I don't think we need a RB. We just need a good CB so that Ivanovic isn't forced to play there. I think Ivanovic is still one of the top ten right-backs in Europe, his defensive qualities are excellent and he offers some attacking potency, as we saw against Blackburn.

Totally agree, I feel that Cahill can steady up the centre, allowing Ivan to move over to the right where he's a genuine threat.

Feel we need to be looking at other positions, that's more important. We need speed and movement back in our game!

A Marseille fan told me that in France they know nothing about this rumour. He also said that Azpilicueta is a very talented player, really fast and reads the game well.

I discussed with a Marseille fan too, he said to me he's good in 1vs1 and likes to go forward but needs a player in front of him. Valbuena is a wanker when his team loses possession, Amalfitano is far more interesting and their understanding (with Azpi) is very good. He said also Azpi is a good crosser but can have poor positionning at times, not the best rigors in his defensive runs back.

Anyway he said to me he's not Chelsea level yet, and if we could go into the market for a full back I would prefer Palace's Nathaniel Clyne

I don't think we need a RB. We just need a good CB so that Ivanovic isn't forced to play there. I think Ivanovic is still one of the top ten right-backs in Europe, his defensive qualities are excellent and he offers some attacking potency, as we saw against Blackburn.

At the same time this Azpil guy is 22. So providing the price is right, he'd back a very good back up for Ivanovic, with a much more threat to displace the former. Because let's be honest Ivanovic doesn't see Bosingwa and Ferreira as much of a threat to his place now.

But Ivanovic is eying Carvalho's CB spot beside Terry as well as Alex did since 2009. He's dramatically improving at RB but I doubt he could accept to be the permanent RB when we remember the speculation before his new contract.

But maybe things has changed and with Luiz + maybe Cahill ; he knows he is more likely to play at RB

At the same time this Azpil guy is 22. So providing the price is right, he'd back a very good back up for Ivanovic, with a much more threat to displace the former. Because let's be honest Ivanovic doesn't see Bosingwa and Ferreira as much of a threat to his place now.

Hahah.

If Terry gets banned and Cahill comes in we will only be an injury to Cahill or Luiz away to playing that dreaded combination of Bosingwa on the right and Ivanovic in the centre, that argubally cost us against United last seaosn in the CL and we can't let that happen in big matches again, which is why we need to sign him imo.

Okay, so let me get this straight ... we could potentially be offering £16m for a player I don't even know much about??

You need to watch more european football!

This guy is an immense talent and I'd live us to snap him up for 12 million, because he will be worth 25 milliion in the future.

He's the sort of guy I was hoping AVB would scout, young talented and kinda below the radar

He can actually defend as well as cross the ball!

I know Ivan can play there but hes not a natural RB and we havent had a good RB since, oh, Super Dan or Chappie??

Pls pls make this happen!

Believe me, this is the type of player chelsea needs to signing!

And yes we have needed a right back for some time - look how many goals we have conceded from that area!

Not needed. Can't be arsed trying to pronounce that name.

Not needed. Can't be arsed trying to pronounce that name.

How on earth is a decent right back not needed? Have you seen how many goals we have lost from that position?

Bose and Ferreira are long past it, Ivan (When fit) does ok but its not his natural position and his crossing and forward play aint great, plus he's one of best CB's

You build a team from the back - thats how Mourinho did it.

He bought Cav and Ferreira with him

There are gaping holes all over our squad, but none more so than right back

How on earth is a decent right back not needed? Have you seen how many goals we have lost from that position?

Bose and Ferreira are long past it, Ivan (When fit) does ok but its not his natural position and his crossing and forward play aint great, plus he's one of best CB's

Calm down tiger. I joke, yes?

I think you are underrating Ivanovic at RB, while extremely overrating him at CB.