César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

Azpilicueta is certainly better than Bosingwa, but he was one of our worst players against ManU. He was caught badly out of position about 3 times forcing Moses to make a couple of key tackles (including the foul that led to the Rooney goal).He's had a very good first season with Chelsea but he does have room to grow. Azpilicueta and Ivanovic are as good a RB duo as there is in the Premier League (except perhaps Zabaleta and Walker and Maicon) so it's not an area of concern.

Ashley cole was actually worse. He pushed up erratically so many times wen marking in the first half and left spaces in the left wing for nani after he was easily dribbled. He contributed almost nothing going forward in the first half.

Rafael is so overrated, good going forward, shite defensively. If Wallace turns out like him then god help us.

Tbh I rate only Zabaleta and Richards as better RBs than Azpi even though Richards has rarely played this year. Guy is beast. Probably turn into a CB though.

Anyway Cesar > Ivanovic at RB, offers so much more than the Serb apart from strength and an aeriel presence.

Rafael is so overrated, good going forward, shite defensively. If Wallace turns out like him then god help us.

As far I know he kept Ronaldo in pocket for two games, except for the second goal after Utd had 10 players.

Rafael is not brilliant, but certainly equaly good to Azpi in terms of contribution to the team overall. And both are still young, we should do comparisons when both players reach best years (26-29).

Rafael was shit previous seasons, but did big leap this year. I personaly will be surprised if Wallace will be that good as Rafael at same age, considering how 'brilliant' we are with youth development...

Personaly I think Carvajal is best young RB right now. His progress at age 19 is just wow.

Tbh I rate only Zabaleta and Richards as better RBs than Azpi even though Richards has rarely played this year. Guy is beast. Probably turn into a CB though.

Anyway Cesar > Ivanovic at RB, offers so much more than the Serb apart from strength and an aeriel presence.

Who knows..Wallace might never play for Chelsea's first team..seems like he'll be joining the long list of loanees..

As for our RB position, giving Todd Kane the odd chance in cup games wouldn't be a bad option.

As far I know he kept Ronaldo in pocket for two games, except for the second goal after Utd had 10 players.

Rafael is not brilliant, but certainly equaly good to Azpi in terms of contribution to the team overall. And both are still young, we should do comparisons when both players reach best years (26-29).

Rafael was shit previous seasons, but did big leap this year. I personaly will be surprised if Wallace will be that good as Rafael at same age, considering how 'brilliant' we are with youth development...

Personaly I think Carvajal is best young RB right now. His progress at age 19 is just wow.

Should be back at Madrid next season. IIRC they have a buy-back clause of around £5m

Is it only me or did Cesar play fantastic yesterday? Defensively he was sound and didn't make much mistakes even though he had to play against their best player, Jarvis. I really like his attitude. I wanted us to sign him few years back but it didn't happen then. Well, it fortunately we got him last summer. If he continues developing like this, he'll be the numer 1 right back in the Spanish national team.

Is it only me or did Cesar play fantastic yesterday? Defensively he was sound and didn't make much mistakes even though he had to play against their best player, Jarvis. I really like his attitude. I wanted us to sign him few years back but it didn't happen then. Well, it fortunately we got him last summer. If he continues developing like this, he'll be the numer 1 right back in the Spanish national team.

He did well yesterday because he doesn't waste possession or ruin moves by passing backwards like Ivanovic does from RB.

Yesterday though he was a little too tired to deal with Jarvis because I remember in the game at Upton Park he had him in his pocket all game. The game yesterday was Jarvis and West Ham's first game in 2 weeks, if Jarvis couldn't get a little joy out of Azpi I would have been amazed.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

He is an alright lad this little Basque bastard. I'd pick him everytime, fellas. Good fella, solid effort. Future captain. Future leader. Good lad.