César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

I was wondering where he had gone.

Showed us how superb he is going foward and his link up play was terrefic. Good finish for his first Chelsea goal as well.

amazing so out of position ,,,if they had broken and scored from their left wing ,,, well ................ BUT IT was a great finish

I literally couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it was Azpi that scored the first goal. Thought it was Mata at first given the height and all that when it happened but only to then realized it was Azpi! :lol:

Am very happy that he managed to get his first goal for us and once again, he played well. He's just incredibly unfortunate with this whole preference (and form) of Ivanovic at RB..

I literally couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it was Azpi that scored the first goal. Thought it was Mata at first given the height and all that when it happened but only to then realized it was Azpi! :lol:

From the look of it, even Cesar couldn't believe it at that moment, as it took a few seconds when he realized he scored and he can celebrate :lol:

I just have one question: What the hell was he doing in the opposition box on the counter attack?! :lol:

This is the belief that Jose Mourinho enlists in his players to chase every ball and never give up on any situation.

I missed the goal :( does anyone have a video or gif of it?

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2013/10/29/5043466/arsenal-chelsea-fc-initial-reaction-and-league-cup-community-rating-form

If you scroll down through the comments at the bottom, you can see gifs for the goals.

I have to agree, it was like I was watching the goal go in, they thought wait that was Dave, I literally couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it was Azpi that had scored. I did also think how did he get there? It was brilliant, I was so chuffed for him. I loved how Jose ran and hugged him after, and he was so chuffed in the post match interview, bless him.

I just have one question: What the hell was he doing in the opposition box on the counter attack?! :lol:

This is the belief that Jose Mourinho enlists in his players to chase every ball and never give up on any situation.

Total football. Soon we'll be playing like a machine, the way we're winning the ball back so quickly is a sight to behold.

Azpilicueta in The Sun:

"The season is still young and we will need everybody to win all the trophies we are targeting. I didn't play much when I arrived at Chelsea from Marseille last year either, but by the end of the season I played practically every game. I've had the chance to play two League Cup games this season and I also started against Schalke in the Champions League so I am happy with the work that I'm doing. The manager knows that when he needs me I will always try to do my best for the team in any position he asks me to play."

Jose seems to make almost everybody happy, thats good. Azpi's a real pro.

http://www.football-italia.net/41451/napoli-target-azpilicueta-report

Napoli reportedly interested in getting Azpi..

Would be a real shame if he went, but with Ivanovic seemingly first-choice and Wallace and Kane coming up then it might be a possibility in the summer. But I'd be surprised if other teams weren't monitoring his situation.