César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

Very true. The art of crossing is a dying one unfortunately. The only world-class crosser in the entire league is Larsson, imo.

That's incredibly harsh; some absolutely magnificent crossers in the Premier League, such as Baines, Kolarov, Bale, Pilkington (very under-rated player in my opinion, brilliant from set-plays) for instance. Agreed that the amount of true crossers has declined though. Football is about the through-ball nowadays!

That's incredibly harsh; some absolutely magnificent crossers in the Premier League, such as Baines, Kolarov, Bale, Pilkington (very under-rated player in my opinion, brilliant from set-plays) for instance. Agreed that the amount of true crossers has declined though. Football is about the through-ball nowadays!

I would not call Bale a "magnificent crosser" at all! Pilkington is great, yeah, but I'd still say Larsson is on a different level to all of them which is why I set him apart.

On a side note, Torres has amazing crossing technique. Ironic for a man who never seems to be able to get on the end of crosses! :P

• 2 weeks later...

I know this shouldn't be taken too seriously but I have seen quite a few comments recently from, supposedly, Chelsea fans who are suggesting that we need a new first choice RB in order to strengthen our team. Now, unless Philip Lahm is willing to come here and Bayern Munich want to sell us their captain, I can't really see the point (There is no chance of that...). Azpi is extremely young and with defenders they take time to develop into great players, experience matters a lot in his position. This was also his first season in the PL so hopefully he will push on. Does anyone on here think that we need an upgrade on him for next season (whilst suggesting reasonable targets?). I don't think RB is an issue for us and am confident in his potential.

I know this shouldn't be taken too seriously but I have seen quite a few comments recently from, supposedly, Chelsea fans who are suggesting that we need a new first choice RB in order to strengthen our team. Now, unless Philip Lahm is willing to come here and Bayern Munich want to sell us their captain, I can't really see the point (There is no chance of that...). Azpi is extremely young and with defenders they take time to develop into great players, experience matters a lot in his position. This was also his first season in the PL so hopefully he will push on. Does anyone on here think that we need an upgrade on him for next season (whilst suggesting reasonable targets?). I don't think RB is an issue for us and am confident in his potential.

RB is really only an issue for the people who think we should also sign Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and Falcao.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still chuckling from when Azpilicueta was signed. There was a certain banned Australian member that was very adamant and very aggressive that Maicon should be signed over Azpilicueta. Maicon made 11 appearances for ManCity and is now being shipped off to AS Roma and no longer plays for Brazil. Whereas Cesar made 48 appearances for Chelsea and has finally broken into the Spanish national team. Talk about a season of opposites.

Sorry buddy, if you are reading this you were dead wrong about Douglas and Dave.

Success rate of crossers in Premier league

article-2303835-1914C1EF000005DC-659_306

Not bad given Chelsea's lack of aerial challengers

Would like to know it in numbers rather than percentages as it can be a little bit deceiving.

And surprised to see Baines is not there.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, he barely played in preseason so no way he gets a start. It'll take a few of them a couple more weeks to get match fit. He was absolutely shattered at half-time against Roma.

And the idiotic thing now is Azpi will join up with the Spain NT and travel to Ecuador for a mid-week friendly. :doh:

Great, Iwannabitch at right-back. That means no-one fucking closing anyone down for another season.

The one thing Rafa did right was play Azpilicueta with regularity. Mainly because Ivanovic-Luiz is by distance our best centre-back pairing.