César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

Who the fuck do they think they are? Weird team. Go away.

Lol. Lazy journalism and this weekend, Fiorentina all but messed up their chance to get into CL. Milan will get 3rd

This lad is just incredible. Seriously, how many games has he played? In his first season in England. Yet, he puts in great performances week in week out. Thank you Marseille for such a steal!

45 games, that's an amazing amount of matches considering he only made his debut in the end of September and wasn't Di Matteo's first choice in the beginning of the season. Since October he hasn't missed many games and always plays 90 minutes too so it really is remarkable how good and consistent he's been in his first season.

Along with Mata, Hazard and Luiz I'd say Azpilicueta has been one of our best players. An absolute steal at £7m and to think some people here preferred Maicon over him last year. :lol:

As good as piszczek is going forward he is not as solid as azpi at the back.

True, but Azpilicueta on the other hand isn't that good attacking wise. We already had Ivanovic who is good defensively so getting a proper attacking full-back like Piszczek would've been a good choice too.

Looking back, I am still delighted to have gotten Azpilicueta for such a bargain price. If he doesn't get homesick or anything, we have the right-back position settled for the next 8-10 years.

True, but Azpilicueta on the other hand isn't that good attacking wise. We already had Ivanovic who is good defensively so getting a proper attacking full-back like Piszczek would've been a good choice too.

Looking back, I am still delighted to have gotten Azpilicueta for such a bargain price. If he doesn't get homesick or anything, we have the right-back position settled for the next 8-10 years.

Yup thats basically what i said,if we are chasing a game then piszczek but if we are defending a lead then give me azpi anyday.

Piszczek is class, maybe even better than Azpilcueta at the moment but 4 years older too so in the future Cesar will probably be the better of the two. Would have been a good signing none the less. Can't say the same for Maicon who has clearly been past it ever since winning the treble in 2010 or Van der Wiel who has never been good. How many games has Maicon played for City this season? Honestly I can't remember many and the times I've seen him play he has been one of their worst players. More expensive than Azpilicueta and massive wages too, would have been one of the worst pieces of business the club has done since Torres if we had gotten him last year.

I remember one Australian user that was very, very, very for Maicon, to the point of a lot of swearing and nonsense. Ahem...