César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

I don't think so...

article-2314901-197CE5AF000005DC-940_634

• The Suarez bite
  • Sturridge still being on the pitch despite his two-footer on Berty.
  • SIX minutes of stoppage time?
  • The "penalty" against Basel yesterday.
  • The "penalty" against Bucharest.
  • Aguero's stamp on Luiz.
  • Chicarito's offside goal.
  • Torres sent off for diving - clear second yellow for Evans.

They are just isolated incidents I can think of from this season alone.

I really don't understand why some players are so positive about Benitez.

Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta believes that the club have benefited from Rafa Benitez's appointment as team manager, and admits he was disappointed with his start at Stamford Bridge under Roberto Di Matteo.

"Rafa Benítez has given more tactical rigour to Chelsea. Until his arrival we were conceding lots of goals and we were not as solid as we should have been. Now we try to play like a team both in defence and in attack, and that's the most important thing."

I really don't understand why some players are so positive about Benitez.
Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta believes that the club have benefited from Rafa Benitez's appointment as team manager, and admits he was disappointed with his start at Stamford Bridge under Roberto Di Matteo.
"Rafa Benítez has given more tactical rigour to Chelsea. Until his arrival we were conceding lots of goals and we were not as solid as we should have been. Now we try to play like a team both in defence and in attack, and that's the most important thing."

Some just come out and give a diplomatic answer. Can't be saying something bad about Benitez, even if they don't like him and/or we want them to.

As for what Azpi said there about being tactically better, don't think anyone can really deny that. Under RDM, we may have played the best football this season but tactically, we were a mess. Defensively, especially, we were all over the place and conceding ridiculous goals on a regulas basis. There's just no shape, cohesion and organization to the team then and it's one of the reasons, if not THE reason why we got KOed of the group stage in the Champions League. Even though we still give away silly goals under Benitez, at least the team don't look as open and exposed as before giving us a bit more solidity.

Some just come out and give a diplomatic answer. Can't be saying something bad about Benitez, even if they don't like him and/or we want them to.

As for what Azpi said there about being tactically better, don't think anyone can really deny that. Under RDM, we may have played the best football this season but tactically, we were a mess. Defensively, especially, we were all over the place and conceding ridiculous goals on a regulas basis. There's just no shape, cohesion and organization to the team then and it's one of the reasons, if not THE reason why we got KOed of the group stage in the Champions League. Even though we still give away silly goals under Benitez, at least the team don't look as open and exposed as before giving us a bit more solidity.

I can't really disagree with you - the irony is though that even if we didn't go through the group stage we were the club that scored most goals (and it was all down to home vs away goals). I believe RDM was under pressure (Roman apparently didn't appreciate parking-the-bus style and wanted more Barcelona way of football) and RDM proved last year he was capable of good defensive tactics. It just seems a bit unfair coming from new players who didn't really know Robbie.

Oh Choulo....have already posted that news 2 days ago. :lol:

Oh Choulo....have already posted that news 2 days ago. :lol:

How dare you talk to CHOULO like that, when you post Azpi's birthday wish to Juan in Mata's thread even though I posted it before you in the very same place?? :Goober: