César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

The best RB in the league? Jesus christ, are you guys forgetting him getting skinned a couple of times in the last 2 months?

Ashley Cole has been skinned frequently over the years and that doesn't stop people from claiming he is the best LB in the world.

But he is rarely fit. Also I've been hearing gunners whinging about him a lot lately. The popular concensus seems to prefer Jenkinson.

They prefer him because he is fit most of the time, unlike Sagna. But they all know what Sagna is capable of doing when is not injured, but it's hard to show any of your class when your on the injury list every 2 months or so.

They prefer him because he is fit most of the time, unlike Sagna. But they all know what Sagna is capable of doing when is not injured, but it's hard to show any of your class when your on the injury list every 2 months or so.

Can't really call him the best RB in the league if he is constantly injured. If that were the case Owen Hargreaves was one on the top midfielders for years...

Can't really call him the best RB in the league if he is constantly injured. If that were the case Owen Hargreaves was one on the top midfielders for years...

You have a point there. But Sagna was the best one till last year when he started becoming injured more and more and I have no doubt that if he was given more time to recover he wouldn't have been injured as often as he is now. Arsenal didn't do themselves a favour when they rushed his recovery. But when he's playing he's IMO still the best one available in the PL, regardless of how often injured he is.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1327701/chelsea%27s-cesar-azpilicueta-growing-as-player,-praises-john-terry?cc=4716

Chelsea right-back Cesar Azpilicueta believes he is improving as a regular member of the team under Rafael Benitez, and has praised John Terry for helping him to settle into English football.

Azpilicueta, 23, joined Chelsea from Marseille in the summer but struggled to get into the team under Roberto Di Matteo. But since Benitez has taken charge on an interim basis he has forced his way into the side.

"I am playing regularly, which is what every footballer wants, and I am growing as a player," Azpilicueta told El Pais.

"At my club, an organised team is very important, and that I participate and support in attack. I am comfortable doing that. [benitez and I] have a good relationship, he asks for different things than other coaches. Each one has their own system and way of playing."

The defender, whose progress in England is followed closely in Spain, also revealed that John Terry and David Luiz had been helping him settle in at Stamford Bridge, each in their own way.

"Terry is a bit scary at first," he said. "His temper on the field can be frightening, but he is a very good guy. He helps the new players a lot and on the field he gives me advice, corrects me. He is a leader. I respect him a lot. With David Luiz there are more jokes, he is more fun."

Azpilicueta said it took time to get used to the pace and physicality of the English game, but he is now enjoying it.

"[in the Premier League] they come at you from everywhere," he said. "The players are very strong, they go to war. But I like it. It is really
intense. Very demanding, I like that."

While he is adapting well to life in England, the Chelsea dressing room had yet to come to terms with his surname, the full-back said.

"Nobody could say Azpilicueta, it is too difficult," he said. "They called me Dave as they say I look like someone from a TV series - I do not know which. And Dave has stuck."

Before he joined us I heard loads of Ligue 1 followers praising his crossing... really, I'm yet to see more than 2/3 decent crosses from him I think. Hopefully he works on them. Can see him becoming Spain's #1 right back quite soon assuming Montoya doesn't get a proper breakthrough at club level.