César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

Knew he'd be a hit in this league. I liked him at Marseilles and I remember Lyon were linked with him a couple of years back. Firstly he is a great defender and extremely athletic, but crucially he is also brilliant in an attacking sense. Beautiful cross for the first goal today.

Gotta give credit to the scouts and the board. We were linked with Debuchy, Van der wiel and azpi and hands down we picked the best one.

Hm.. Well definitely out of VdW & Azpilicueta we did. Now that Debuchy's signed for Newcastle, we'll see who comes out on top between them. Though Debuchy did do well for France last year.

As Chelsea fans sarcastically sing at their defender with a somewhat difficult to pronounce name, 'Cesar Azpilicueta, we'll just call you Dave'. Some might take offence but the man himself does not mind. "They can call me what they like as long as we win," he laughed.

Cesar-Azpilicueta-Chelsea-Premier-League

Full interview here -

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8408571/Winning-mentality

Am I the only one surprised that he still didnt got the invitation to spain NT? I mean, Arbeloa isnt realy world class and Cesar is doing very good lately...

Well, that's because he's playing for Chelsea. If he plays for Madrid, Barcelona, United or even City, he would be in by now.

Well, that's because he's playing for Chelsea. If he plays for Madrid, Barcelona, United or even City, he would be in by now.

I realy hate this ''because of Chelsea''...I doubt Del Bosque hasnt picked him because of that. Couple of years ago, we had team of only NT starters (Cech, Ivan, Cole, Terry, Ricky, Essien, Lamps, Anelka, Malouda, Drogba, Ballack). Now, we have only Cech, Cole, Mikel, Ramires, Moses, Hazard in NT starting lineups. The fact that our best player Mata isnt starter in NT is ridiculous (even if that team is spain. Afterall, Silva got in that team, now it should be Mata). Its the lack of experience that keeps Azpi out of NT, that is why we are playing so hot-cold - because of lack of experience. But it will come once...

Absolute bargain. Beginning of the season we attacked strictly down the left but now majority of the build-up is on the right side with him, while Cole does he what does best is just making bombing runs. Cole can't touch him when it comes to the involvement in the build-up anymore.