César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

Actualy I watched few games of Ayew, that is why I like him, he was quite good. Not just because he is african, but also the treatment and training he gained in Africa are much different than European. Best africans work very hard to get in Europe, that is why lot of them (not all) have good stamina. Drogba, Essien, Song, Ayew, Etoo could all run endless when fit and in form.

You do know Ayew was born in France? I love Ayew, one of my favourite players alongside Prince from Milan but he has no place in our squad due to him being an attacker for the left side, the right side isn't natural to him at all.

Mata's stamina is also underrated. IIRC he was the most played player for us last season! To say Ayew has twice more stamina is quite funny.

Regardless, back on topic now, Azpilicueta is probably the best signing we could make. We need a replacement for Bosingwa, who played over thirty games last season if I'm not incorrect, and Azpilicueta can fill in that void nicely.

He's not here to displace Ivanovic. But what he is here to do is shore up our RB options. Kane isn't ready yet, Hutch is unreliable due to his chronic injury problems and Ferreira is going next season. Good signing, at the right age aswell.

http://www.mirror.co...uventus-1242426

This is total shit. And i come from switzerland and dont even want him here he is just crazy..

No chance this is true and dont believe he would get him for £5 million and he is already 28!

I hate the daily mirror

And as if Juventus are gonna sell him to us when they are looking to become a big force once again. IF we don't get Azpilicueta, then we should look to hijack Newcastle's move for Debuchy.

Seems that Azpilicueta will be cup-tied in the Champions League if he join us UNLESS Marseille fail to qualify for the Europa League group stage.

http://sport.stv.tv/...a-competitions/

Worried supporters have watched on as names linked with a move to their side have played in European competition, potentially ruling the target out of playing in Europe for them or, worse, a deal collapsing as a result.

However, UEFA regulations however can clear a player to play for two clubs in Europe in any given season, based upon an exception which applies to participation in the qualifying rounds.

Rule 18.07 states that if a player features in the first, second or third qualifying rounds of either the Champions League or Europa League, he can play for another club in either competition from the group stages onwards, provided his former employers do not reach the group stages themselves.

If a player is involved in any of the aforementioned qualifying rounds for a side which then goes on to play in the group stages of either UEFA competition, he is not eligible to play for another club in Europe in that season.

There is a common misconception regarding rule 18.19, which states that from the knockout stages, a player cannot be registered to play for another club if he has already played in the same competition that season, or if his previous side remain in that competition.

However, this rule does not mean that a player would be able to play in the group stages for his new club, and then find suddenly himself ineligible to play in the knockout stages.

Provided a player’s former side were eliminated prior to the group stages, and the player was then registered to play in the groups of either competition for his new club, he is free to continue playing in the knockout rounds of either the Champions League or Europa League.

Current example

Player A features for Club A in a Europa League second qualifying round tie. Player A has been linked with a possible move to Club B, who are participating in the qualifying stages of the Champions League.

If Player A is subequently sold to Club B, he would not be able to play in the qualifying rounds of either the Champions League or Europa League.

However, provided Club A do not reach the group stages of the Europa League, Player A could be registered to play for Club B in the group stage of the Champions League or Europa League, as per rule 18.07 of the regulations of the two competitions for 2011/12.

Under the same set of circumstances, Player A would also be free to play in the knockout stages of either the Champions League or Europa League, provided he had previously been registered for the group stages with Club B.

If Club A were to reach the group stages of the Europa League, Player A would not be able to play for Club B in European competition in the 2011/12 season.

Past example

Rangers faced similar circumstances when they signed Nikica Jelavic from Rapid Vienna at the start of the 2010/11 season, with the striker having turned out for the Austrians in the Europa League qualifying rounds.

However, as Rapid went on to qualify for the group stages of the Europa League, Jelavic became ineligible for the group stages of the Champions League.

Jelavic would have been clear to play in the knockout rounds of the Champions League but, as Rangers dropped into the Europa League, he was unable to play for the same reason.

Please stop with the... "they run far because they are African", there is a term for this kind of generalisisms.

Anthropology is the term you're looking for B).

Obviously its not entirely related to race- plenty of white footballers can do the same and more amounts of running.

http://www.mirror.co...uventus-1242426

This is total shit. And i come from switzerland and dont even want him here he is just crazy..

No chance this is true and dont believe he would get him for £5 million and he is already 28!

I hate the daily mirror

Lichtsteiner isn´t better than Bosingwa was.Would be strange if he signs for Chelsea

Anthropology is the term you're looking for B).

Obviously its not entirely related to race- plenty of white footballers can do the same and more amounts of running.

19th century scientific term used to justify racial superiority. The worlds best super marathon runners are Asian, the worlds best female marathon runner is Caucasian. Not sure I like this "they have more stamina because they are African" argument. Mainly because it's a load of BS....

Back on topic, hoping they push this deal through quickly.

19th century scientific term used to justify racial superiority. The worlds best super marathon runners are Asian, the worlds best female marathon runner is Caucasian. Not sure I like this "they have more stamina because they are African" argument. Mainly because it's a load of BS....

Back on topic, hoping they push this deal through quickly.

Well, it is categorically true. I'd wager the stereotype arises from Kenya's, and their neighbors', domination of marathons and longer-distance track events. A major explaination for this is the altitude at which they grow up and train. Get them running at sea level, and oxygen levels are drastically higher, so they're generally able to perform better. If folks in Nepal were more interested in marathons, the stereotype would be about them instead.

On topic: I'm really hoping this goes through soon. Though, I am a little concerned by the lack of playing time he gets for his national sides. I'm not going to read too much into it, but perhaps Debuchy isn't such a bad choice since he's proven himself on the international stage. I won't be too torn up if we end up with him instead.