César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

Forgive me if im wrong but apart from Lavezzi i can't think of anyone who has given Ivan a torrid time.

As far as im concerned Ivan is still first choice right back, if Azpi wants to take that off him he has to earn it by performances on the pitch when he gets the chance, if we move Ivan to the centre to accommodate him ill tear my hair out.

Ivanovic has become very inconsistent. He is poor going forward most of the time. The team had better offensive balance last season with Bosingwa in the side. Ivanovic is the better defender but he is no Ashley Cole when it comes to all-round competency. He is a centre back and nothing more than a makeshift full-back. Some competition for the position will keep him on his toes, especially as he will have to compete with Azpil, Luiz and Gaz to play in the defence alongside Terry and Cole.

Exactly. Dressing room policy dictates players that can't speak English very well have to sit next to John Terry, Frank Lampard and the rest of the English boys on the left of the dressing room.

That will be where David Luiz learnt 'geezer' from.

I can see it now.

Lampard: Say "Your Misses is fit and has big titties" to Ashley.

Oscar: Your Misses is fit and has big titties.

Hilarity ensues.

Exactly. Dressing room policy dictates players that can't speak English very well have to sit next to John Terry, Frank Lampard and the rest of the English boys on the left of the dressing room.

That will be where David Luiz learnt 'geezer' from.

I can hardly imagine Terry spending his time teaching ESL.

We'll have a professional language teacher on staff, I'd imagine. Or they'll be sent to an ESL school. They don't even need to be that fluent, how hard can it be to say "Fuck off ref"/"That was never offside"/"Pass!" and other related football mannerisms?

I can hardly imagine Terry spending his time teaching ESL.

We'll have a professional language teacher on staff, I'd imagine. Or they'll be sent to an ESL school. They don't even need to be that fluent, how hard can it be to say "Fuck off ref" and other related football mannerisms?

Nobody said anything about teaching. Just emmercing yourself in the language/culture is the best way to learn. I bet if I moved to France, I'd learn French quicker than I would at a school in Australia.

Nobody said anything about teaching. Just emmercing yourself in the language/culture is the best way to learn. I bet if I moved to France, I'd learn French quicker than I would at a school in Australia.

Some people don't like to be immersed though, Carlos Tevez, for example. In that case it'll be ESL, and that's if they want to.

Some people don't like to be immersed though, Carlos Tevez, for example. In that case it'll be ESL, and that's if they want to.

Tevez is just an arsehole and an oddity. I don't think anyone should be compared to him.

I'm sure a lot aren't really arsed. The foreigners who don't speak much to the media, for example, probably don't care.

Why wouldn't they care? Because they aren't popular enough to be interviewed on the tele? Stop generalising.

Why wouldn't they care? Because they aren't popular enough to be interviewed on the tele? Stop generalising.

I'm not talking about the nobodies, I'm talking about introverts who don't actually like speaking with the press. Foreign Paul Scholes'; who perhaps because they aren't bothered learning the language, won't give out interviews.

I'm not talking about the nobodies, I'm talking about introverts who don't actually like speaking with the press. Foreign Paul Scholes'; who perhaps because they aren't bothered learning the language, won't give out interviews.

That doesn't mean a thing to me. I can't see how logically came to the conclusion introverts=a person who doesn't want to learn the language. Besides, being introverted doesn't mean they wouldn't talk to the press, I'm not very introverted but I'll tell you I'd hate to be in the media, giving interviews etc.

Ivanovic has become very inconsistent. He is poor going forward most of the time. The team had better offensive balance last season with Bosingwa in the side. Ivanovic is the better defender but he is no Ashley Cole when it comes to all-round competency. He is a centre back and nothing more than a makeshift full-back. Some competition for the position will keep him on his toes, especially as he will have to compete with Azpil, Luiz and Gaz to play in the defence alongside Terry and Cole.

Agreed! Also it frustrates me when people say "no one goes past Brana". There are countless examples of poor defending by Ivanovic where he didn't follow the winger properly. One example of the top of my head would be Utd's 3rd goal in the 3-3 draw at the Bridge last season. That was just pathetic defending. I know every defender has shit moments but Brana is over-rated by some in my opinion. He's been superb for us overall with his determination, heart & countless important goals but purely as a defender he is replaceable

Another very good buy.

Much better then Maicon, and Debuchy.

The boy has potential, so giving that he is young he will need one season to adjust and that is why we got Ivan to overshadow him till Cesar is ready in the coming seasons, along with Sam....if he stays healthy in his comeback!