César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

I think the Southampton fullback at the other side has done even better than Clyne this season. Maybe get him and move Azpi to his original RB position? :D

I like Bertrand, but IMO Clyne was still the better one, I think he is more allround. Probably has higher ceiling too.

I like Bertrand, but IMO Clyne was still the better one, I think he is more allround. Probably has higher ceiling too.

Higher ceiling is debatable, but Ryan has clearly been better this season. One of, if not the, most important player for Soton. Almost every attack goes through him down the left wing.

Higher ceiling is debatable, but Ryan has clearly been better this season. One of, if not the, most important player for Soton. Almost every attack goes through him down the left wing.

So has Clyne and a lot of their attacks go down the right. Clyne has been as good as Bertrand if not better. He already has 3-4 goals this season already I think. I think they have both been equally good. I was speaking to a Southampton fan the other day and he told me that Clyne embarrassed Baines in their fixture not too long ago ad he had been doing that all season. I can't see how Bertrand has been 'clearly' better when both have been fantastic. Clyne has been faultless this season.

So has Clyne and a lot of their attacks go down the right. Clyne has been as good as Bertrand if not better. He already has 3-4 goals this season already I think. I think they have both been equally good. I was speaking to a Southampton fan the other day and he told me that Clyne embarrassed Baines in their fixture not too long ago ad he had been doing that all season. I can't see how Bertrand has been 'clearly' better when both have been fantastic. Clyne has been faultless this season.

Watch one of their games and you'll see what I mean. Every time I saw Soton this season, you could very clearly see that A LOT more goes down the left than the right.

I'm too busy right now to look up the stats, but I'm willing to bet that Ryan has more average passes and touches on the ball than Clyne.

Watch one of their games and you'll see what I mean. Every time I saw Soton this season, you could very clearly see that A LOT more goes down the left than the right.

I'm too busy right now to look up the stats, but I'm willing to bet that Ryan has more average passes and touches on the ball than Clyne.

Chou, I have watched some of their games. I think that is what you need to do laughingsmiley001.gif. I am not denying Bertrand is not very attacking but Clyne is a bit more attacking. But yeah if you can look those stats up some time that will be good because I think Clyne has been the best offensive fullback this season. Not to mention his defensive abilites are very good as well.

Chou, I have watched some of their games. I think that is what you need to do laughingsmiley001.gif. I am not denying Bertrand is not very attacking but Clyne is a bit more attacking. But yeah if you can look those stats up some time that will be good because I think Clyne has been the best offensive fullback this season. Not to mention his defensive abilites are very good as well.

Quick look at Squawka finds that Ryan has created 16 chances including 2 assists while Clyne has 11 created chances with NO assists. Defensively, Ryan has 38 interceptions and 4 blocks, while Nathanial has 33 and 3 blocks. Clyne has more clearances though with 56 compared to 46. Ryan also has 58% duels won compared to Clyne's 48%.

Both on 2 goals so far since you mentioned it in your previous post. Will try to look later for average touches and dribbles and such on statszone.

• 2 weeks later...

I missed some part of the game, but what I witnessed since I tuned in until the last minute, Azpi has been really good. His tackles and interceptions are exceptional last night.

It seems we will see our old back 4 as usual against City.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been saying it for ages, Azpilicueta has become so much of a liability when we're the side with possession, probing and looking to score goals (which in reality is like 80%) of the matches we play. The threat the full-back brings from the wings with overlaps simply can't be over-emphasized.

Not for the first time this season, they isolated him today, because they knew he was absolutely toothless with his left foot. Even Hazard and others won't pass to him because he knows he won't do anything with it. Why can't Mourinho see what we're all seeing? Play Luis for ffs, Jesus.

I've been saying it for ages, Azpilicueta has become so much of a liability when we're the side with possession, probing and looking to score goals (which in reality is like 80%) of the matches we play. The threat the full-back brings from the wings with overlaps simply can't be over-emphasized.

Not for the first time this season, they isolated him today, because they knew he was absolutely toothless with his left foot. Even Hazard and others won't pass to him because he knows he won't do anything with it. Why can't Mourinho see what we're all seeing? Play Luis for ffs, Jesus.

He was mostly very good defensively, starting several counter attacks through excellently timed interceptions. That said he was poor going forward (unsurprisingly) although Ivanovic wasn't much better either. It really is a shame that we will likely never get to see the Azpi-Luis pairing on a consistent basis.

And yet he put in the cross for Ivan's winner on Saturday and would have set up the opener had Hazard not tried to be too clever with his little flicked finish which he totally fucked up.

And yet he put in the cross for Ivan's winner on Saturday and would have set up the opener had Hazard not tried to be too clever with his little flicked finish which he totally fucked up.

He's delivered only two good crosses all season. One vs Liverpool and one vs Aston Villa. He looked uncomfortable on both occasions trying to do it with his weaker foot. Outside of the boot vs Liverpool and very scrappy vs Villa. I'm not knocking him as a player, but he offers us nothing there offensively. That much is obvious.

Funny thing is, Azpi might not get forward a lot but when he does, his contribution has been decisive and more often than not, led to a goal (directly or indirectly).

Funny thing is, Azpi might not get forward a lot but when he does, his contribution has been decisive and more often than not, led to a goal (directly or indirectly).

Agreed. He's much maligned for his attacking prowess but I think he is a lot better than people give him credit for. Luis is undoubtedly the best crosser but what's the point of chucking crosses into the box when Drogba or Diego aren't playing?

The zoom picture for dramatic effect never gets old. I chuckled in real life.

Thanks Alex.

Just doing my job :lol:

• 3 weeks later...