César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

And to think he performs like this out of his preferable position... I can't wait to get a proper LB (= Shaw!!) so that Cesar can move back to the right.

He definitely deserves some recognition - be in the PFA team, be the POTY or Players' POTY at this club. This fighter really does deserve it.

He hardly ever loses 1 one 1 individual duels. His man-marking ability is ridiculous really. It was the same in his first season. I remember him putting Bale firmly in his pocket. He has put many good players in his pocket....Navas at the Emirates too. The main differences between him and Cole is his physicality. He is very strong. He is also better aerially than Cole. There isn't any difference in pace between the two nowadays. I dunno what Jose is going to do next season if we bring in Shaw. Does he move Azpi to his natural position? Ivanovic's offensive game is pretty average, but gives us a lot defensively and aerially plus he's a warrior and future Chelsea legend. Knowing Jose, and seeing how strong our defense is, I doubt he changes anything.

Seriously how good was this guy again last night? He out battled Drogba three times and his all round team performance was fantastic.

My player of the season so far with ease.

Though it may seem a controversial opinion . . . he's been by far our most consistent performer this season. And I said it back in December that he was a legit contender for the award alongside hazard. JT and cahill too deserve special mentions.

Though it may seem a controversial opinion . . . he's been by far our most consistent performer this season. And I said it back in December that he was a legit contender for the award alongside hazard. JT and cahill too deserve special mentions.

There is a few mentions needed but based on consistency, quality and considering he is out of position you really wouldn't notice he is a right back 'filling in' he's been sensational.