César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

Rafa with Azpili

tumblr_mvv6f1pTLI1rj1mx9o1_1280.jpg

Those have to be the WORST two smiles in one pic I've ever seen! :lol:

I laugh whenever i see him playing. His creepy smile stuck in my mind forever.

Anyway he played good again. I thought he'd replace Ivanovic at RB, but since he's seemingly an untouchable, Azpi will have to make-do with games in various different positions.

I don't think he would have started it Bertrand was fit.

Those have to be the WORST two smiles in one pic I've ever seen! :lol:

I don't think he would have started it Bertrand was fit.

are you kidding me? Azpili's smile in that picture is doing things to me!

Rafa always smiles like a 3yo kid in pics, poor thing.

Poor Cesar's thread has become camper than wearing a scarf and pink framed aviators in a hot summer day.

I feel he's worthy of a first team spot now, I love Ash but Cesar did really well, although I would still rather see him at right back, especially in games where we're expected to dominate possession. Iva is boss but his passing in the final third doesn't match his talent in the other aspects of his game.

An article pitting Brana and Dave's stats against each other. Pretty much confirms a lot of people suspicions.

However, it again calls into question why Mourinho is so favourable towards Brana when his aerial ability is the only dominance he really has over Dave. And why Brana is given such liability going forward when it is clear who the better attacker is. Link below.

Ivan-defending-326x410.pngAzpi-defending-321x410.png

Azpi-passing.pngIvan-Passing.png

Azpilicueta is the better crosser of the ball, with 29% of his crosses finding a Chelsea player; only 16% of Ivanovic’s do the same. Considering that they both cross the ball with similar frequency, Ivanovic every 24 minutes and Azpilicueta every 25 minutes, it is clearly Azpilicueta who is the dominant footballer in this department....

Going on this analysis alone, he is clearly the better right-back in attack, with his passing, crossing and general creativity far superior to Ivanovic. He is also not a lot worse at defending; you could even make the argument that he is better, but what Ivanovic does have that the Spaniard doesn’t is incredible aerial ability. This is important not only in defence, but as an attacking threat from set-plays and there is no doubt that it would be missed were Azpilicueta to take his place.

http://eplindex.com/43776/azpilicueta-v-ivanovic-start-chelsea-stats-compared.html