César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

Really disappointed with his 1st season for us. I expected more. He made so many mistakes, sometimes seemed like he is to lazy to run and his crossing was bloody awful at times...I would sell him if we get a good offer.

and that view is shared by....................................NO-ONE

Dudes! It was a friggin' joke hahahahahahaha gotcha :D

Our Cesar is the Cesar of the RB position in the EPL! :D;) All other RBs should stand in front of him and say AVE CAESAR!

I was actually rather surprised how well he settled in and took that RB position. I always knew he was a great talent and a good player, but honestly I didn't expected him to play on the level he has so consistently in his first season. Definitely the most talented young RB out there! :)

Our attacking play is of course much better with Azpi playing, his movement and crossing are even better then Cole's (who I must notice has dropped in quality when it comes to his attacking play), but the most surprising thing is how well Azpi defends. That I never expected to be so good for his years, experience and jump in league quality.

@, @, @yuvala, @Yeboii, @blu35_army

You say that now.

Dudes! It was a friggin' joke hahahahahahaha gotcha :D

Our Cesar is the Cesar of the RB position in the EPL! :D;) All other RBs should stand in front of him and say AVE CAESAR!

I was actually rather surprised how well he settled in and took that RB position. I always knew he was a great talent and a good player, but honestly I didn't expected him to play on the level he has so consistently in his first season. Definitely the most talented young RB out there! :)

Our attacking play is of course much better with Azpi playing, his movement and crossing are even better then Cole's (who I must notice has dropped in quality when it comes to his attacking play), but the most surprising thing is how well Azpi defends. That I never expected to be so good for his years, experience and jump in league quality.

@, @, @yuvala, @Yeboii, @blu35_army

your right about coles drop in attacking play. he has just slowed down due to age. thats why shaw should be brought to compete with him. bertrands attacking is even worse and he is 23.

You say that now.

Yes, I am a liar and I change my opinion in order to grind out reputation from people...sadly you have discovered it and now I'm hopeless :cry:

I wrote this after his debut game vs Wolves which we won 6-0

Did well, but that was a 2nd division team with lots of rotations in, don't overrate him yet :D

He certainly looks really promising and it was nice to see our full back actually cross the ball in with pure technique and accuracy after seasons and seasons of watching Bosingwa's bird shots and Ivanovic's rockets :D

And some time after, this.

I gotta say this lad keeps impressing me more and more with his each game. Incredibly consistent, with great stamina, mindset and technique. His crossing is brilliant, and I feel we are yet to get the best from it with Ba or someone similar if we make a transfer.

I watched Azpi really closely today and he really did well. Few times he looked really exhausted and looked like he was going to collapse, but he still run like a rapist and managed to defend well. That ball to Mata was absolutely brilliant.

It's impressive how he managed to break into our starting 11 just like that and to become so consistent in his 1st season. Media attention he had before joining us is absolutely unproportional to the quality of his performances in league as strong as PL.

Keep it up mate! :)

qjDwA.png

Oh, and imagine still having Bosingwa as a right back :D:D

article-0-12F07397000005DC-868_468x295.j

I guess I was just saying it for the sake of it back then also...

Yes, I am a liar and I change my opinion in order to grind out reputation from people...sadly you have discovered it and now I'm hopeless :cry:

I wrote this after his debut game vs Wolves which we won 6-0

And some time after, this.

I guess I was just saying it for the sake of it back then also...

Don't alter the past like some Gestapo wannbe evil person. You sicken me.

• 3 weeks later...

I must to really dislike his ability to cross as I've never realized until now how beautiful César actually is :P

I really dislike his attacking abilities and I wouldn't mind a new RB at all, but damn, he's pretty.

Can Mourinho do some magic here?

This guy is a beast. And only cost 7 mil. For a club like us who generally stuck to big name big money purchases. This has been a great change. Just hope he can continue it.

He also takes the funniest photos. Give it a couple of years and we will all have azpi rape face avatars, with him holding the champions league. ;)

I think he's very good defensively. I think he always does his best. He runs and gives everything.

Can't cross or dribble for his life though

Agree that attacking wise, he can still do better but defensively, he has been rock solid. Arguably our best defender last season. To have a new RB over him as you mentioned in the previous post would be very very harsh.

Agree that attacking wise, he can still do better but defensively, he has been rock solid. Arguably our best defender last season. To have a new RB over him as you mentioned in the previous post would be very very harsh.

I need to get over my obsession - as a Brazilian - that a LB or a RB should be better attacking rather than defending.

That's the tradition here, but time changes and the game is more competitive and compact these days and these guys need to defend. I still evaluate them in a way even in Brazil is changing.

I surrender

Also, I just found out he has no flaws in dat body of his. It has to make up for a few things :P