César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

He was excellent once again. There was a point in the game he chased down the ball right back to Tibo, and that wasn't an isolated incident either, he did it all night from the word go.

Hence for me, the player of the season by a long, long way.

Surprised no-one mentioned him after his yesteday´s performance.I thought he was superb.Really got goosebumps when he sprinted after the ball over almost the whole pitch.His determination is just awesome!

Just your average Azpi performance, that's why. Always puts in a terrific shift.

If Cesar Azpilicueta gets a five-year extension at £70k pw, his annual FFP cost will increase from £3m to £4.5m. Very reasonable #CFC

it certainly is compared to 30 million and 6 million a year for Luke Shaw,

I can see this guy being a future captain.

He has blossomed under Jose (who remember is bad at developing players - lol)

He gives 100% every match, never bottles it and wears his heart on his sleeve! He is a mini JT in my eyes... That's why he should get player of the season over Hazard. Yes Hazard is brilliant - but I don't see in him, what I see in Azpi (sadly) - maybe it will come though...

I can see this guy being a future captain.

He has blossomed under Jose (who remember is bad at developing players - lol)

He gives 100% every match, never bottles it and wears his heart on his sleeve! He is a mini JT in my eyes... That's why he should get player of the season over Hazard. Yes Hazard is brilliant - but I don't see in him, what I see in Azpi (sadly) - maybe it will come though...

I agree he fully deserves to be player of the year he has been simply outstanding this season.

Hazard is player of the year and imo it is not even a question. He literally carried us for a very good stretch, when Oscar was poor and Willian was dog shit. Simply Hazard has been everything in our attack.

Our defense has been great which is pretty obvious statement, i personally think Ivanovic has been underrated compared to Azpi. The obvious knock on Ivanovic is he is limited going forward, Azpi is not much of a threat going forward either. Simply if Azpi did more going forward, maybe i would consider POTY closer race. For me in the summer it is a priority to sign a LB, modern football expects more from fb going forward.