César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

He's the best full-back in the league. Love the guy's consistency, his workrate, the fact no-one gets past him and he's getting better and better going forward. A trio of him, Ivanovic and Shaw next year is mouthwatering.

His form has been so good that I think regardless of whether we buy a new LB like Shaw in the summer he will still be the no.1 left back. Like Lahm who is a RB but has played a majority of his career at LB for club and country and performed brilliantly there. Can put Azpi in that category now. A very accomplished LB. Contrary to what some may think, he is also very decent at going forward on the left hand side. His stamina is second to none and has been a complete revelation this season. He is a certainty to go to the world cup for Spain. He has a good shout for being the first choice RB and will also make a good back up option at LB for Alba.

Have also realized in many games that his positioning in one on one situations is excellent. Rarely gets beaten and is excelling every match. Appreciate the way BT Sport acknowledged his improvement and how good he has been this season.

• 2 weeks later...

this thread doesn't have enough posts for a guy that certainly deserves a lot more buzz and recognition from us

He plays with his heart and has a great personality - in addition to being a great player

tumblr_n3kpanmNgV1sscln5o1_250.giftumblr_n3kpanmNgV1sscln5o2_250.gif

That moment near the end of the game (IIRC) where Charlie Adam tried to dribble past Azpi but failed miserably.. :lol:

His form has been so good that I think regardless of whether we buy a new LB like Shaw in the summer he will still be the no.1 left back. Like Lahm who is a RB but has played a majority of his career at LB for club and country and performed brilliantly there. Can put Azpi in that category now. A very accomplished LB. Contrary to what some may think, he is also very decent at going forward on the left hand side. His stamina is second to none and has been a complete revelation this season. He is a certainty to go to the world cup for Spain. He has a good shout for being the first choice RB and will also make a good back up option at LB for Alba.

Have also realized in many games that his positioning in one on one situations is excellent. Rarely gets beaten and is excelling every match. Appreciate the way BT Sport acknowledged his improvement and how good he has been this season.

I cannot say enough how grateful I am that CFC have an excellent fullback who is a quick, strong and under 25. So happy Cesar is with us and continues to do so well.

Waiting for Wallace and I'm not sure whether Luke Shaw is the best choice for us.

How long before Barca or Madrid start this "he has our DNA in him, he should join us" talk starts?

I doubt that'll ever happen, because unlike most Spanish players he can actually defend. There's more of the typical Italian full-back in our Cesar. Reminds me of Zambrotta in his later days.

I doubt that'll ever happen, because unlike most Spanish players he can actually defend. There's more of the typical Italian full-back in our Cesar. Reminds me of Zambrotta in his later days.

Not to mention that he is from Basque country. Which matters if you buy into the whole Spanish nationalism thing...