Taison

magic weeds

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Tottenham will take Willian. I know he did damage to us in the Champions League, but I still don't particularly see anything special. Though I reserve slight judgement, cos I don't see him outside of CL games.

Hopefully Tottenham will take Willian. I know he did damage to us in the Champions League, but I still don't particularly see anything special. Though I reserve slight judgement, cos I don't see him outside of CL games.

I agree, I think he's a good player in a good team. But he isn't anywhere near the level to match the money Shakhtar want for him.

Oh god, I am SO glad if these reports are true. And yeah, looks like Willian is off then.

I'd rather us get him than Tottenham get him though I must add. Just for depth.. and because whenever AVB makes a signing, they're almost always a good one. Willian would probably turn out no different. He's improved massively this past season.

Not good enough for us according to some but more than good enough to sign for the team that played us off the park twice. This forum is funny sometimes.

Pretty sure Swansea City just outplayed us, albeit with a bland style of football. Doesn't mean the next player they sign is magically good enough for us.

My problem is Willian is the price tag. From what I saw he could make a decent squad player, but the reported 18-20m for his is just crazy. I'd take him for 7-8m though.

Swansea outplayed us?

Yep. Had more tackles, interceptions, goals, chance conversion (of course) and less errors. (Fact)

All we had was more possession and I believe 1 or 2 more corners.

A higher % of possession does not mean a team played better than the opposition at all.

Yep. Had more tackles, interceptions, goals, chance conversion (of course) and less errors. (Fact)

All we had was more possession and I believe 1 or 2 more corners.

A higher % of possession does not mean a team played better than the opposition at all.

Disagree, we played the better football and were on top for pretty much the whole game IMO. Depends on how you define 'outplayed'. Anyway, back on topic.

Disagree, we played the better football and were on top for pretty much the whole game IMO. Depends on how you define 'outplayed'. Anyway, back on topic.

Spot on. I swear some people just look at the stats from games as if it's Football Manager rather than actually watching what happens on the pitch.