NextGen - Fixtures, Results & Highlights 2012/13

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win. No mean feat, 2-0 win, away at Barce, without four of your best U19s(Chalobah, Piazon, Aké and Blackman). A very commendable performance. Really held their own, and were clinical with their chances, which the Barcelona players were not.

Davey, Christensen, both did very well, made several important interceptions, blocks and tackles between them, and Davey has improved so much with the ball at his feet.

I thought Kane made good runs - we have misse them when Christensen has played RB, while Kane's stamina an athleticism makes Fankaty Dabo, who is still pretty athletic, seem like José Reyes. Dabo is, of course, younger and less experienced.

I thought Kiwomya stretched the game well.

But of course, best player on the pitch, as well as youngest, goes to Jeremie Boga. Very exciting talent - and my type of player. Has that extra bit of flair and vanity. I like how he is not just a dribbler. He can pick out a pass, and he knows how to finish (8th goal this season). Last players to make this sort of impact as a schoolboy were Chalobah and McEachran, good omen.

Great show from them.

Our youth teams are so underrated by the rest of the world I think. We really do have talent. Loads of it.

I agree, Chalobah is still quite under appreciated by external sources, despite the fact he is doing just as well as Will Hughes, Redmond, Shaw, Sterling etc.

Mind you, I am glad they are not overhyped. Because, out of the list above, I do think Sterling, and Redmond are overhyped by the media, can add AOC to that as well. Like most young players they'll suffer from inconsistency and then come under criticism if it prolongs.

I agree, Chalobah is still quite under appreciated by external sources, despite the fact he is doing just as well as Will Hughes, Redmond, Shaw, Sterling etc.

Do you think we should target hughes?He is a very good passer and can partner chalobah in pivot in the future.

Very impressive performance. Really impressed with Boga, Saville and the two centre-backs. I loved that they kept their composure and kept trying to play out from the back, even with 10 men, instead of just lumping it up the field. That shows real bravery from both the players and the coaching staff. Boga is magic, he beat players for fun and created the first and scored the second. Amazing to think he was by far the youngest player on the pitch. Barcelona, the world's most famous youth team, didn't have anybody in their team even close to Boga's level of technique and skill.

The ability of these young players isn't in doubt the club just has to find a way of making sure they keep developing especially between the ages of 17 and 21. Great to see Eddie Newton again and that he is still involved with the club.

Do you think we should target hughes?He is a very good passer and can partner chalobah in pivot in the future.

Looks like a very good talent, but with McEachran, Oscar, KDB, Chalobah, Aké (depending on where he is played) as well as the younger players (around same age as Hughes but not as developed), like Baker and RLC, wouldn't see any massive need for him.

- ALL GAMES TO BE BROADCAST LIVE ON EUROSPORT -

This
morning at 10am GMT, the draw for the NextGen Series Quarter Finals
took place at the tournament’s London headquarters, revealing the next
round of matches to be played. Games will take place between 18th and
21st March, and will be brought to fans live via Eurosport.

The Quarter Finals fixtures are:

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Sporting CP
Chelsea vs. Juventus/Rosenborg
Aston Villa vs. Olympiacos/ Anderlecht
Inter Milan/Arsenal vs. CSKA / PSV

Teams drawn first were given the home advantage. All
Quarter-final ties will be played over one leg with extra-time and
penalties played on the night should the scores be level after 90
minutes.

This week saw Chelsea FC, Sporting CP, Aston Villa and
Tottenham Hotspur all triumph in their last 16 games. The four
remaining last 16 fixtures will take place over the coming days,