NextGen - Fixtures, Results & Highlights 2012/13

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping to see the likes of Ake & Blackman coming back on monday and hopefully Nditi's ankle will be okay for monday too, hopefully see him back at left back. We can win this. It'll be difficult to swallow if we lost considering we beat Arsenal, Juventus and Barcelona on the way. Villa's got decent talents but they aren't on par with the aforementioned.

i think this is our new youth develop system...

U-19 ==> U-21 ==> Loan ==> Bench ==> First Team

so,,for Loftus Cheek, Baker and Boga now is ready to offer an loan to Championship division club...

anyway,,have you a full match link download?

Beating Arsenal in the semi has just made all of those boys legends for me already. Our youth record since around 2008 has been nothing short of sensational, just a shame they will all probably be plying their trade elsewhere in the future because of what we are now. Villa also have a very sound youth system and it will be a very hard final. What a wonderful tournament it would be to win. And look of the names we've beaten. Fantastic achievement.

• 1 month later...

I see Uefa have shamelessly decided to steal the NextGen Series' thunder and set up an official u19 Champions League. What does that mean for the NextGen Series and Chelsea? Thought it was a good tournament with good teams and have no real complaints other than the crap pitch they used for the final (one of the worst I can remember). Would hate to see Uefa swallow them up when they've just got going.

I'm not really sure how it'll work next season. It will eventually end up with just a UEFA U19 CL or some sort of variate as they fine tune it but next season clubs can enter both NextGen and U19 as far as I know, not totally sure but I think with UEFA U19 you qualify if your senior team has qualified(which is already a flawed system), and with NextGen any European team can come in I think, by invitation but I suspect they invite a lot, not as if it's exclusive. Could well just end up being a bit of a mess.

I see Uefa have shamelessly decided to steal the NextGen Series' thunder and set up an official u19 Champions League. What does that mean for the NextGen Series and Chelsea? Thought it was a good tournament with good teams and have no real complaints other than the crap pitch they used for the final (one of the worst I can remember). Would hate to see Uefa swallow them up when they've just got going.

I'm not really sure how it'll work next season. It will eventually end up with just a UEFA U19 CL or some sort of variate as they fine tune it but next season clubs can enter both NextGen and U19 as far as I know, not totally sure but I think with UEFA U19 you qualify if your senior team has qualified(which is already a flawed system), and with NextGen any European team can come in I think, by invitation but I suspect they invite a lot, not as if it's exclusive. Could well just end up being a bit of a mess.

When Chelsea signed up to the NextGen series they signed up for 2 years. So next year Chelsea will compete in BOTH the NextGen Series and the UEFA U19's CL. The UEFA version is only for the team qualified for the CL. 2 very different competitions and at youth level things are very different, just looking at the Semi Finals of the NextGen highlights that with both Sporting Lisbon and Aston Villa in the Semi's neither of whom will be in the CL.

However it is only good for us to be playing both as it is more game time for the players and against quality opposition. Still not a solution to the bigger problem of the players above the age of 19 who are yet to break into the first team.

When Chelsea signed up to the NextGen series they signed up for 2 years. So next year Chelsea will compete in BOTH the NextGen Series and the UEFA U19's CL. The UEFA version is only for the team qualified for the CL. 2 very different competitions and at youth level things are very different, just looking at the Semi Finals of the NextGen highlights that with both Sporting Lisbon and Aston Villa in the Semi's neither of whom will be in the CL.

However it is only good for us to be playing both as it is more game time for the players and against quality opposition. Still not a solution to the bigger problem of the players above the age of 19 who are yet to break into the first team.

That's terrible. You would want the best teams competing against each other. Wouldn't making it an U21 tournament make more sense?

• 1 month later...