The General Football Thread

Melanicus

6.40pm

09:40

World Cup votes - criminal proceedings opened

The Swiss Federal Office of Justice has announced it is now questioning 10 people who took part in voting on the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bids. More to follow.

R5 was on about some facing charges in the US .Could spell the end of Blatters corupt reign. Put them in Guantanemo

Had to laugh when i saw that Tottenham's pre season tour match in Malaysia has only sold 19,000 tickets. The fans are calling them circus matches and that's very apt when some clowns from N17 are turning up. Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal have all sold out 80,000 stadiums in Malaysia but i suppose the visit of Tottenham is like being promised the Rolling Stones and one of those shit tribute bands turn up. Frankly if Tottenham were playing in my back garden i'd draw the curtains.

This might be good for us to be honest. Looking at the people arrested I would make a pretty safe bet on Copa America 100 that was scheduled for next summer in the United States not happening at all.

It will happen just like the World Cup in Russia and Qatar happening.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been catching up on 1st football for a few weeks.

Think Costa is going to be great. He was one (if not) the best player on the pith today. Bayern were all over Inter.

Should be couple of good games on at 4am GMT. Manure vs San Jose and Barca vs LA Galaxy. Should be interesting but dificult to watch 2 TVs at that time in the morning.