test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Melanicus

The General Football Thread

Started by Melanicus,

158 posts in this topic

HNyk2wm.jpg

At the time, this side could beat anyone, look at that back line..

Kaka' & Sheva at the peak of their powers too, wow.

Ridiculous team really. Ancelotti had it good at Milan.

Help.

I just found out that a huge part of my family is actually Dutch. More specifically, from Amsterdam. I have no idea how I've been ignorant to this. Anyway;-

I've always wanted to follow a Dutch team, and this just gives me yet another reason to, but only 2 have really interested me: Ajax & PSV. (Yes I know we have connections with Vitesse but they just don't do it for me. The moment Kalas is gone from that club I'll likely never watch a game of theirs.)

What attracts me about Ajax is my love for youth football (which they handle incredibly well), their consistency, their fan-base, their stadium, their website, the way they communicate with the fans, the fact that they usually get ex-players as part of the staff etc.

What turns me off Ajax is Cruyff mainly. One of the biggest dickheads in football and he seems to despise Chelsea which is obviously tricky for me considering how much influence he has at Ajax. Also, a bit like Barcelona, since the fans are used to success, vocal support even during home games vs. 'little' teams is incredibly weak.

PSV - Growing up, Ronaldo was my favourite player. Ronaldo and PSV is like what butter is to bread. My first ever football top was a signed PSV top with "Ronaldo" on the back of it which was given to me by my granddad. I prefer their current players over Ajax's, they're definitely less self-righteous when compared to Ajax, they seem to have a more 'loyal' fan-base and look like the more 'romantic' club since they'll have more ups-and-downs than Ajax.

I'll definitely have more of a chance going to Ajax games than PSV games considering it's looking likely that Amsterdam visits are going to become a regular thing for me.

The obvious answer is: "Go with your heart" or "Watch and see who you like more" but i've tried that process and it's not working. I can't "love" another club after Chelsea and I enjoy watching them both equally.

WHO SHOULD I FOLLOW!?

VERY SIMPLE- AJAX.

Manchester Utd vs Real Madrid...both with their old stars! :D

A very great opportunity to see some nice players, such as Zidane, Makelele, Figo, Van de Sar, Scholes, etc.

Manchester Utd vs Real Madrid...both with their old stars! :D

A very great opportunity to see some nice players, such as Zidane, Makelele, Figo, Van de Sar, Scholes, etc.

40 years old Makalele still better than our defensive midfielders...

Rmpr likes this

Geezer died apparently -I reckon its the bloke at two minutes. I mean why keep kicking someones head ??

Not mentally well people, that's who. The lack of respect for human life worries me in this day and age.

Makes me sick.

Not mentally well people, that's who. The lack of respect for human life worries me in this day and age.

Makes me sick.

The slowness of the cops to try and put a stop to it is a bit of a worry, what with the World cup coming up n all

The slowness of the cops to try and put a stop to it is a bit of a worry, what with the World cup coming up n all

It is a worry for the people of Brazil, not for whom is travelling to the World Cup...

Those types of events are absolutely horrible and show a lot of what is wrong with Brazilian football, but to link them with the World Cup is very naive!

I dont want to prolong myself much, but for you to have a perspective, the price of the cheapest World Cup ticket is five times higher than the average price those animals payed. You guys talk a lot about how the vibrant English fans were priced out and how it changed the charecterictis of the fans who go to games regularly. So, it is the same thing. The social class that will watching the games in 2014 is totally different than those who produce such shameful fights (or more like wars).

When you analyse a country with such inequality like Brazil, it is like there are two different countries inside one. This video shows one Brazil, and the one the tourists will experience is a whole lot different. Things the population dont necessarilly have (like safety, transport, etc) will all be present during the tournament. Whoever comes here for the World Cup will have police, doctors, guides, state of the art facilities, infra-structure, etc.

It will be exactly like South Africa, people will be able to see poverty and there will be dangerous places, etc. But in the main attractions and games, things will (probably) run perfectly...

I actually didnt know there was a "General Football Thread" (lol), but as soon as it happened I posted on the "Brazilian NT Thread" saying that it has reached a point you cant even take your family to watch football on a Sunday afternoon. Pathetic really!

The only thing that gives me a little bit of hope (very little, only a tiny bit) is that this was a chain of messed up events. Atletico Paranaense is using a second tier stadium in an unprepared small city due to the renovations for the World Cup, the police was prevented from entering the stadium due to an exclusivity contract form a very badly trained private security, the two hooligan groups had already been punished because of fights earlier in the season, it was the last week of the league with one of the teams facing relegation, etc. The two clubs were asking for it to be quite honest. Events like that are unlikely to reoccur, specially with the modernization that is going on right now...

However, I am still very skeptical, those scenes are absolutely surreal and it is hard to find something positive coming out of my country atm. It is true that things are improving and I do try very hard to have hope, but it is depressing.

I am just glad nobody died!

Fulham Broadway likes this