Stephan Lichtsteiner

NiclasCFC

3 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Filipe Luis at 29 for 14m (18m with addons) pounds is a great signing, but Stephan, who has actually been consistently a top RB for years now, at 30 for 12m euros is an awful signing? 

I really don't get this forum sometimes... 

Stephan is 33 in January mate. I believe he would be a great signing for short term but in a few months he will be 33.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Stephan is 33 in January mate. I believe he would be a great signing for short term but in a few months he will be 33.

Wow, when did that happen? Swear he was in hi mid twenties a couple of seasons ago :lol:

I'd still take him, tbh because his game was never about pace so I don't think he'll decline fast any time soon. 

47 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

According to Swiss newspaper @Blickch, Chelsea have already offered Lichtsteiner a three-year contract, and the player is valued at €11m.

A 3 year contract for a player almost 33. Not only is that a stupid idea on its own, but it's completely against the clubs policy of 1 year contracts only for players 30 and over.

This is the sort of signing you make when you're maybe a player or two away from having a title winning squad and need an experienced player on a short term rental essentially. I know he's still a good player but surely we can get some other good player who's also about 10 years younger and has plenty of potential to get better.

Lichtsteiner is only going to decline rather than get better. Just makes no sense.

On 6/2/2016 at 9:16 PM, LegenTerry said:

Although im against this thransfer,really can't understand people who wants 'Big names' transfers this summer.

We are out of Champions league for the next year,biggest competition in football,players would prefer much more Champions league football next season and that is rellity,deal with it.

Di Maria went to Man Utd without CL.  As did Falcao.  Blind, Herrera, Shaw also.   It is not the end of the world, it is how Conte and Granovskaia can sell their project.  Would players be prepared to spend at least a year here knowing we will probably get top 4 next year?  I'd say yeh, along with their big wages

1 minute ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Di Maria went to Man Utd without CL.  As did Falcao.  Blind, Herrera, Shaw also.   It is not the end of the world, it is how Conte and Granovskaia can sell their project.  Would players be prepared to spend at least a year here knowing we will probably get top 4 next year?  I'd say yeh, along with their big wages

Di Maria example is overused and pretty much misleading.
Real really wanted to get rid, PSG couldn't spend and United were the only ones ready to pay the transfer fee. On top of that we're not United.

1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Real really wanted to get rid, PSG couldn't spend and United were the only ones ready to pay the transfer fee. On top of that we're not United.

Also, look who his agent is.

1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

The "No CL" excuse is way overused aswell.   Seriously, in all honesty, do you think players would turn down Chelsea or Liverpool and bigger money, for Leicester because they're CL?  Example, if both Chelsea and Leicester had a bid accepted for say, Morata, who does he choose?

10 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

The "No CL" excuse is way overused aswell.   Seriously, in all honesty, do you think players would turn down Chelsea or Liverpool and bigger money, for Leicester because they're CL?  Example, if both Chelsea and Leicester had a bid accepted for say, Morata, who does he choose?

No, I'm not saying we can't sign players on the level of Shaw/Herrera whoever else you mentioned in your previous post.
Just not players on the Di Maria level, the examples is completely wrong, even if I agree with the sentiment.

23 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

No, I'm not saying we can't sign players on the level of Shaw/Herrera whoever else you mentioned in your previous post.
Just not players on the Di Maria level, the examples is completely wrong, even if I agree with the sentiment.

Agreed. Di Maria was an exceptional case but by no means is he the norm for big teams that don't make he CL. We're not Man United, who's global reach far exceeds ours and were also at a time where they were spending near £250m like no-one's business. 

Shaw et al we can get. Di Maria and such, no chance unless no-one else wants them :lol: 

41 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

You forgot the third option.Stay in Juventus which  is most probbably :)

3 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Get Fabinho for RB but we seriously should look at our LB. We have a more than decent rb in Azpi.

Unfortunately, Fabinho is already nailed on for Atletico Madrid. It's about time they replaced Juanfran. And I agree.. if we're looking for Fullbacks LB should be our focus.

2 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Unfortunately, Fabinho is already nailed on for Atletico Madrid. It's about time they replaced Juanfran. And I agree.. if we're looking for Fullbacks LB should be our focus.

All the players I wished for are getting signed by someone else. :( With the exceptions of Radja and maybe Kante.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You