The Official Anime Thread

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know naruto or anime in general is popular with the westerners. It's so interesting to me.

Well to my knowledge, anime in general isn't really popular in europe. I think only in France is it popular and even there it's not as popular as Japan or America.

Well to my knowledge, anime in general isn't really popular in europe. I think only in France is it popular and even there it's not as popular as Japan or America.

I know there are certain groups in western countries that follows anime and Japanese culture. I've met caucasians that speaks or is learning japanese because they like anime and tries hard to be Japanese, usually they are called weeaboo. For those who don't know this term: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/weeaboo

I rarely meet these type of hardcore people though, mostly just like anime or read a few manga titles.

I am not Japanese as well but I read a little manga, but I guess in Asia japan was always huge and popular. So was surprised that it's well known even in Europe.

Anyone like Bleach? Fairy Tail?

If you like those, I recommend you to read Korean manhwa "ID"

I only read Shingeki no kyojin, bleach and naruto at the moment (well, not Naruto anymore..) Read Doraemon and other stuff when I was younger. Love Doraemon, remember watching it in the morning during the weekend. Don't watch anime other than gundam series if anyone knows that, since I build alot of gundam model kits as a hobby.

Never read manhwas before, will give it a try. Are you in Jakarta? How are you feeling about Jokowi and ahok?

Well suppose it depends on how you look at it. I thought there was some romantic implication between Naruto and Sakura.

What bugs me most about it though is the lack of development between NH and SS. I mean it would have been easier to accept if Kishimoto actually had them have some development but SS basically had nothing in part 2. Not to mention that Sasuke tried to kill Sakura 3 times. It just doesn't sit right with me.

Also what of Naruto and his feelings for Sakura. Are we to believe that he just gave up on her ? Naruto, the main character who's life motto was to never give up.

He basically goes to all the trouble of saving Sasuke only to see Sasuke walking of with the girl Naruto's Always loved.

Like i said before it just doesn't sit right with me. NS had more development and frequently talked and hanged out with eachother. NH barely had any moments where they talked and SS didn't have any in part 2.

Naruto and Hinata had quite some development. At least for Naruto standards that is. The impression I've got from in the entire Shippuuden was that Naruto was coming to terms with Sakura seeing him as only a friend, besides, he barely knew Sakura when he "loved" her - it was more like a child crush. The only complaint I really have is about Sakura and Sasuke. I think it detracts a lot from her character ending up with Sasuke. I'm perfectly fine with NaruHina though.

Anyone like Bleach? Fairy Tail?

If you like those, I recommend you to read Korean manhwa "ID"

I like Bleach, but I've been thinking it got a bit repetitive/crazy for some time now. Other animes/mangas I've recently followed or still follow include: Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, Shingeki no Kyojin, Fullmetal Alchemist and Claymore.

I know there are certain groups in western countries that follows anime and Japanese culture. I've met caucasians that speaks or is learning japanese because they like anime and tries hard to be Japanese, usually they are called weeaboo. For those who don't know this term: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/weeaboo

I rarely meet these type of hardcore people though, mostly just like anime or read a few manga titles.

I am not Japanese as well but I read a little manga, but I guess in Asia japan was always huge and popular. So was surprised that it's well known even in Europe.

Weaboos or Wapanese. It's an obsession and it's not a healthy. Most of the time they believe that Japan is more accepting of people that are fond of anime, video games, manga and all the stuff inbetween because that is where it originates. They are usually outsiders in their society so they believe Japan to be the home for outsides. As you probably know Japan is very much the opposite. It ostracises just as much as the west does. Is home to some crazy phenomena relating to mental illness and suicide.

I like Japan and it's culture and history but I don't think I would do well living there. The expectations and pressure of suceeding in work and having their a whole lifestyle built around working long, hard hours is really the antithesis to my lazy Australian personality. And I would hate the backwards technology a lot of people survive with. The place isn't as technically advanced as most people think; especially in offices.

I only read Shingeki no kyojin, bleach and naruto at the moment (well, not Naruto anymore..) Read Doraemon and other stuff when I was younger. Love Doraemon, remember watching it in the morning during the weekend. Don't watch anime other than gundam series if anyone knows that, since I build alot of gundam model kits as a hobby.

Never read manhwas before, will give it a try. Are you in Jakarta? How are you feeling about Jokowi and ahok?

Say hello to another Bleach reader :)

Bleach on an epic moment at this time.

I like Doraemon too when I was a little kid.

Surprised you never read manhwa before :)

Try reading ID, it is epic and funny too.

I was in Bandung, near Jakarta. How do I feel about Jokowi and Ahok? Admire both and that two are my favorites though, since both still as Jakarta governor and vice governor before. But hey, now Jokowi is a president of Indonesia and Ahok soon become Jakarta governor :)

Hopefully they could lead Indonesia and Jakarta to a better condition, as they are both good and corruption-free people. Of course if you are a good person, there will always someone who dislike you, and don't want your life easy. But people in Jakarta and Indonesia are mostly behind them, so they are not worried and still do what they think is right.

About Ahok in specific, this man is sick (in a good way). Maybe you have follow some news about him, but if you think there is no one in this country who really want to serve people genuinely, you are wrong, because he is the one. In one interview with local tv here, he said that he is not holding his payroll bank account as Jakarta vice governor and handed it to his secretaries instead, so they could see all the in and out transaction in there. Also he scan his pay slip and upload it on the internet so that everyone could see it, lol. He is a very straightforward person, and of course some might not like it, but most of people here positive about him and are dreaming to have people like him as their leader.

Say hello to another Bleach reader :)

Bleach on an epic moment at this time.

I like Doraemon too when I was a little kid.

Surprised you never read manhwa before :)

Try reading ID, it is epic and funny too.

I was in Bandung, near Jakarta. How do I feel about Jokowi and Ahok? Admire both and that two are my favorites though, since both still as Jakarta governor and vice governor before. But hey, now Jokowi is a president of Indonesia and Ahok soon become Jakarta governor :)

Hopefully they could lead Indonesia and Jakarta to a better condition, as they are both good and corruption-free people. Of course if you are a good person, there will always someone who dislike you, and don't want your life easy. But people in Jakarta and Indonesia are mostly behind them, so they are not worried and still do what they think is right.

About Ahok in specific, this man is sick (in a good way). Maybe you have follow some news about him, but if you think there is no one in this country who really want to serve people genuinely, you are wrong, because he is the one. In one interview with local tv here, he said that he is not holding his payroll bank account as Jakarta vice governor and handed it to his secretaries instead, so they could see all the in and out transaction in there. Also he scan his pay slip and upload it on the internet so that everyone could see it, lol. He is a very straightforward person, and of course some might not like it, but most of people here positive about him and are dreaming to have people like him as their leader.

I barely read manga so I wouldn't have read manhwas as well hahaha, I'm not a reader in general..

I'm liking Jokowi's simplicity, he seems quite humble and real to be honest. And Ahok is such a boss, he is daring. We know how dangerous it is when you are going against the rich and powerful not just in Indonesia but in most places where there is corruption. Heard he closed down sea world?!

I have to be honest, I never thought Indonesia had a real chance to improve especially in the near future but since these guys came up it's becoming more and more possible. I don't follow news so much especially about politics but I cannot not hear about them because they are turning heads everywhere with the drastic changes they've made in such a small time frame.

What are you doing in Bandung? study? work? I've been there a few times for holiday before I moved to New Zealand.

I like Bleach, but I've been thinking it got a bit repetitive/crazy for some time now. Other animes/mangas I've recently followed or still follow include: Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, Shingeki no Kyojin, Fullmetal Alchemist and Claymore.

Yes, some might starting to feel bored about Bleach, but I think it is still better than another manga / anime, so I still following it.

I love Fullmetal Alchemist too. That was short, full packaged, legendary manga / anime, lol. If you have just read the manga, I recommend you watch the anime of FMA, cause I think it is better.

I barely read manga so I wouldn't have read manhwas as well hahaha, I'm not a reader in general..

I'm liking Jokowi's simplicity, he seems quite humble and real to be honest. And Ahok is such a boss, he is daring. We know how dangerous it is when you are going against the rich and powerful not just in Indonesia but in most places where there is corruption. Heard he closed down sea world?!

I have to be honest, I never thought Indonesia had a real chance to improve especially in the near future but since these guys came up it's becoming more and more possible. I don't follow news so much especially about politics but I cannot not hear about them because they are turning heads everywhere with the drastic changes they've made in such a small time frame.

What are you doing in Bandung? study? work? I've been there a few times for holiday before I moved to New Zealand.

Oh, I see, lol.

There is a contract problem with the Sea World management, it is closed temporary. But I believe it will soon clear and they could open it again. Ahok will not be that cruel to close that attraction, poor all the fish, lol.

Yes, both are, what it phrase, 'candle light in the dark' ? lol. So much hope for them.

I have been working in Bandung now. Hopefully you could come back again for a holiday in here. Everything nice and cheap, except the traffic, lol.

Pulled from KYM.

I knew you weren't that weird. What is KYM though?

Oh, I see, lol.

There is a contract problem with the Sea World management, it is closed temporary. But I believe it will soon clear and they could open it again. Ahok will not be that cruel to close that attraction, poor all the fish, lol.

Yes, both are, what it phrase, 'candle light in the dark' ? lol. So much hope for them.

I have been working in Bandung now. Hopefully you could come back again for a holiday in here. Everything nice and cheap, except the traffic, lol.

Yeah it's unfortunate that seaworld got closed down, but I think he's just making an example out of it to show that no ones above the law. Which is good because in 3rd world countries the rich are always above the law!

Might come next year, maybe. Were you born in Bandung?

Yeah it's unfortunate that seaworld got closed down, but I think he's just making an example out of it to show that no ones above the law. Which is good because in 3rd world countries the rich are always above the law!

Agree. He shows who is the boss, lol.

Yup, I was born in Bandung, moved to Subang city, near Bandung for around 10 years, and back to Bandung since then until now.

Well actually if you feel boring a little bit about Bandung city, try go to Lembang for some fresh air. A lot of attraction there right now, cherry farm, strawberry farm, floating market and so on. Also there is Kawah Putih attraction near it.

I knew you weren't that weird. What is KYM though?

Know Your Meme. The website from the link you posted.