Wallace

LDN Blue

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised this hasn't been posted.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8235376/Fluminense-s-manager-has-confirmed-full-back-Wallace-is-heading-to-Chelsea

Fluminense's manager Abel Braga has confirmed young Brazilian full-back Wallace is on his way to Chelsea but the club's director says the deal is yet to be completed.

The Blues are closing in on the signing of the 18-year-old in a deal thought to be worth £4.4million.

The European champions already own a 40 per cent stake in the defender, who is expected to return to Fluminense on loan for the rest of the season once an agreement has been completed.

The Brazilian club's manager Braga says Chelsea have been tracking Wallace for a long time and confirmed the Blues have made their move as the teenager draws reported attention from several other European heavyweights such as Juventus and Inter Milan.

He told Terra: "Wallace has been negotiated for a long time. He is a player that has impressed. Do you think people abroad sign someone based on one game?

"They watch a player for two, three months - sometimes even a year. They are taking a great player and Fluminense are completely right in selling him."

Fluminense's director, Rodrigo Caetano, says the deal is yet to be done, with the necessary paperwork still to be completed.

"I can't deny there are ongoing negotiations with Chelsea, but the deal isn't done yet, we still have exchange documents," said Caetano.

He added: "And there is a non-disclosure agreement clause, and in case the information leaks, the deal might not happen.

"Let's hope this problem doesn't prevent the deal from happening."

Do we actually need a right back? well it would ultimately relieve Ivanovic from RB duties, IMO he's always been decent at CB, he and Cahill are a good pairing, even though very similar. Wallace looks a lot like Azpilicueta with regard to playing style, and isn't there a certain Todd Kane coming through the ranks?

At least our partnership with fluminese which cost us 3 or 4 mios when letting Deco go will pay of.

Do we actually need a right back? well it would ultimately relieve Ivanovic from RB duties, IMO he's always been decent at CB, he and Cahill are a good pairing, even though very similar. Wallace looks a lot like Azpilicueta with regard to playing style, and isn't there a certain Todd Kane coming through the ranks?

At least our partnership with fluminese which cost us 3 or 4 mios when letting Deco go will pay of.

He probably won't play for Chelsea until his 20s or won't play for us at all....

He probably won't play for Chelsea until his 20s or won't play for us at all....

that's probably right cos he'll be loaned around all the time, which is probably necessary but i hope he will only get loaned within the epl, there is no sense going to eredevise when u have been starter in brazil. But why buy a player for 4m who has that low chances of playing for us, if u can get experienced, decent fullbacks in their best years for little more (as Debuchy,Gebresselassie, Jantschke aso)

Recently, we have been more carefull with loan players (Kdb, Lukaku, Courtois) and I believe if Wallace comes, he will go in proper club. I would keep him in brasil for another two years, it has no point of loaning him in championship clubs and lose him. Once he turns 20, he should go directly in our team and continue his development (like Oscar).

that's probably right cos he'll be loaned around all the time, which is probably necessary but i hope he will only get loaned within the epl, there is no sense going to eredevise when u have been starter in brazil. But why buy a player for 4m who has that low chances of playing for us, if u can get experienced, decent fullbacks in their best years for little more (as Debuchy,Gebresselassie, Jantschke aso)

If he can't get a work permit he'll get loaned to Holland, Italy or somewhere. Won't go to a PL club unless we get him a work permit.

I know this may sound ignorant from me considering the club has professional scouts etc. who are supposed to know what they're doing, but I'm positive that if he wasn't South American, we would have absolutely zero interest in him.

I guess the club just feel like adding some potential future squad players or something especially considering the deal we got with Deco, but he really isn't a very good player from what I've seen and I don't see the potential.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8250149/Brazilian-defender-Wallace-s-move-to-Chelsea-from-Fluminense-is-almost-certain-

The agent of Fluminense teenager Wallace claims his proposed move to Chelsea is almost done and says he will play at Stamford Bridge rather than going out on loan.

The Blues have long been linked with the 18-year-old defender and a deal is close to coming to fruition, according to his representative Frederico Moraes.

Chelsea have reportedly owned a 40 per cent stake in Wallace since 2010, following Deco's free transfer from Stamford Bridge to Fluminense, and are set to pay £4.4million for the youngster.

Speculation has surfaced the Blues will send the defender straight back to Fluminense on loan once the deal is done, while Serie A club Roma have also been tipped as a possible destination.

But Moraes is adamant Wallace will play for Chelsea if he completes the move to West London.

He told Centro Suono Sport: "There are very advanced negotiations with Chelsea and the signature is almost certain.

"If Wallace goes to Chelsea, he will be playing there.

"I had contact with Roma and many other Italian clubs, but that was a long time ago.

"I rule out the possibility of a loan (from Chelsea to Roma). If he joins Chelsea he will play for the Blues."

Man I hope he's a success, cos I look at Rafael for United and wish we'd grabbed him in the summer when it was rumoured..

He has really developed well in the last 2 years. Both mentally/tactically but also physically he's very strong and quick. Utd have a gem there.